Your names and signatures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be off topic but it does involve this forum. i was just curious as to how we all got are names(handles). I know some of us have our real names here, but for the rest of us, how or why. Also I was wondering what everyone else's signature means or how you came up with it. I'll start.
i got my name from an anime. There was a bad guy named Kyui who ticked off another bad guy and got blown away. He may not have been a main character and all but he had a cool name. Su came from my Emo(aunt) and also because on my email some unoriginal person had taken Kyui Kim when I had to transfer accounts. Kim is my korean Surname.
My signature is a joke. here in Westfeild people dont get out a lot. So to them a 4 inch blade is big for a knife(imagine that). So one day my freind refered to my bali as a sword. So there came the saying "I have sword in my pocket!"
Post your stories.
biggrin.gif

------------------
I have a sword in my pocket!

Well, my handle is from my photography studio's name. It has been a long time dream to try and make a photo studio work... and now I'm finding out just how much work it really is
smile.gif
Hopefully, I'll survive the summer...

My signature is an old joke from my Sensei... it came about after a long night's workout and a bunch of us were upstairs cooking dinner (our Sensei and two of us students lived upstairs above the dojo). We were going around springing "what ifs" on each other, and Andy, being the wise Sensei that he is had the best response...

"When all else fails, Just Shoot The F****r"

Since that night, JSTF has been our motto
biggrin.gif

Alan

------------------
When all else fails...JSTF
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by ACStudios (edited 05-24-2001).]

well Darth Detori was originally going to be the new sith in Star Wars: Episode 2, but it's recently been changed to Darth Tyranus
tongue.gif
. I'd change my name, but it's just grown on me eversince I stole it two years back.

I don't even remember what my signiture is, but I think it's "Fear is my Ally", which is a Darth Maul quote from a commercial. I've grown quite fond of it, and so there it is.

I chose my nickname for 2 reasons. First off its an obvious play on words from "Men In Black" and also I used to play a game called Quake quite a lot, and when you get blown to bits in it, they're known as gibs. Hence, 'cos I was crap at the game, I became GiB aka GuyInBlack. Fascinating huh?
wink.gif

My sig is something I remembered from "The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress" by Robert Heinlein, whilst I was reading a post by Don Rearic oddly enough.
biggrin.gif
Well it was either use that, or something from Monty Python!
wink.gif

------------------
Jay/GuyInBlack
ICQ - 2678683

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable,
I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free
because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do"

I use TJ because thats my nickname and sombody already has TJ so I added a _dude to make TJ_dude

TJ

I use Chronos because it rules
smile.gif
It is a mangled version of "kronos" from the highlander tv series. Chronos was also the father of zeus who ate all of his children(except zeus, who wound up killing him) in greek mythology.

People started calling me Blasto because I'm a pretty big guy (6'3" 275), and used to be pretty crazy back in school. The actual name's origin is under debate. I think some friend of mine made it up in a drunken stuper, watching me crack brazil nuts in my mouth. I've even got custom license plates that say BLASTO.

My signature quote is a spin on a classic (one in the hand is worth two in the bush). A knife is no good on your belt.

------------------
~Dave

"One in the hand is worth two in the sheath"

Japanese pronunciation of Chinese characters for Wing Chun Kuen, a martial art I practice.

Mine's a play on my initials (C.C.) I figured "2C" and "2See" might be taken, so "See2" was born.
biggrin.gif

My sig (when I remember to check the damn box) is from Dennis Miller, my personal guru on life.

------------------
Of course, that's just MY opinion - I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Actually, See2 was named by Ozzy Osbourne.
biggrin.gif

Denis [O']Leary is a hoot...but Miller does hate O.J., so there is hope for him yet.

I avoided placing anything in the Signature Line for the longest time...then I came across an interesting quote by Colonel Jeff Cooper. I used to play guitar and that immediately struck a chord in me, hardy-har-har...

And it is the same with a knife. Alot of people love knives, collecting them and using them with every ounce of their being that they can possibly muster...yet...the Defensive Realm is another matter. I had a couple hard lessons in the 1980s to teach me that...so I crossed that over too...

A "Usual Suspect" is someone who uses, carries and/or collects Emerson Knives, Customs or not. I have about one dozen, I think I qualify as I compete with John Hollister for Pole Position for the Kaiser Soze Title.

Emerson Knives and The Wave Opener are special to me, I was one of the first people to write about the Commander on The Internet and it has brought more joy than grief. But the grief is a pain at times.
mad.gif

------------------
"You are no more armed because you are wearing a pistol than you are a musician because you own a guitar." ~Jeff Cooper
And the same goes for a knife...
And, I'm a Usual Suspect.
Some of my Knives and other neat things

It was Anagarika as my handle but then I thought it was better with my name with it, thus I re-registered using Chris Anagarika.

Anagarika Govinda is a westerner that became a Tibetan Lama and wrote a very beautiful journal : the way of the white cloud. Anagarika means 'the homeless one'. This reminds me that the home is where your heart is, thus the actual physical home is not important, thus I find the name just match.

My signature is a twist of Shakespeare, but it is more in the spirit of balis being a tool, thus the question : use it or not (in front of sheepies
smile.gif
)

------------------
Chris
"To use or not to use your Balisong - that is the question"
Code:
'^'  .   . .'^'
\ []\ \ / /[] /
 \ ()\(o)/() /
  (BALI-SONG)
   {0 / \ 0}
    )'   '(
Indonesian Baliswinger

[This message has been edited by Chris Anagarika (edited 05-24-2001).]

I am a 3rd degree black belt in Songahm Taekwondo. The name of my 3rd degree black belt form is Chung San which means Peace Of Mind And Tranquility.

I've started to use my little kicker guy since martial arts is what I do for a living.

------------------
kicker.gif

Chung San

Don, I may share Crowley's name, but at least I'm not related to him... at least, I THINK I'm not realted to him... does this mean the "666" on the crown of my head is a BAD thing?
biggrin.gif

I think you and Hollister are BOTH Soze, and you both bullied Kevin Spacey into playing you in the movie.

------------------
Of course, that's just MY opinion - I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Dude,

Just tell people that ask;

"It's a birthmark, 3 inverted 9s."

Works for me.

Did you see Spacey in "Seven?" (Knife content, Morgan Freeman like to throw that Italian Switchblade into a dartboard when he was thinking...)

Spacey is closed to being typecast.

I got my name from my band... (http://welcome.to/gibberish) Yeah, i got my signature "In the time of chimpanzees i was a monkey" from the Beck song Loser. I hate pop music, but that phrase describes me pretty well : )

------------------
In the time of chimpanzees i was a monkey.

"MacCanine" came about several years ago during the Michigan Renaissance Festival.
I have been known as "Wolf" for many years.During the festival,some of us who walk in the parade carrying banners for the merchants try to get at the front of the line for the parade,since we know how dusty you'll get if you're way in the back.So,other would always look for me when lining up.This started the "Wolf Pack".Later,most of the "Pack" became my pirate crew for the festival.During one season,on the Highland Fling weekend,one of my fellow loonies suggested that we should have our own "clan" for the Scottish weekend.A few Scottish sounding names were bandied about,all using variations of "wolf" or "dog" in them,but none sounded right.Then,after a few moments,it came to me..a wolf is of the family "canidae",which is also called "canine".So,we added Mac (son of) to Canine...and thus our "clan" was born.
It has become more than a joke for us though...it is now our "family" name for my friends and I since we are in some fashion a family (clan).

As to my quotes,the "inner puppy" one is used for my canine personality...it's used to explain why I do some things (some good,some bad).Other people would use "inner child" in it's place.
The "*good* twin" quote has several meanings.I have my "evil puppy" side,which is the sarcastic & cynical part that also loves to pull pranks...and the quote is the "attempt" to throw blame away from me
smile.gif
(although it never works...).
It also has to do with the fact that supposedly,I have many twins around the world.Friends have gone to other countries on vacations,and have spotted others who have apparently looked exactly like me (a scary thought indeed..).So,I call them my *good* twins...since I'm obviously the bad one
smile.gif

------------------
*The* Lunatic Puppy
It wasn't me...It was my *good* twin..
My "inner puppy" made me do it..

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gibberish*:
"In the time of chimpanzees i was a monkey"</font>

...butane in my veins and I'm out to cut the junkie...

The only song they/he did that I liked.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"You are no more armed because you are wearing a pistol than you are a musician because you own a guitar." ~Jeff Cooper

Gollnick is my family name. It's actually Prusian originally. If I sometimes seem to have no sympathy for certain groups who whine and complain because "somebody took our homeland", or such things, it's because somebody took my family's homeland and, well, we got over it and got on with our lives in the here and now. My family lost its land, its home, its country, and, you know what? I'm not bitter about it and I don't think anybody owes me anything for it.

Anyway, enough with the name.

The tag line, "It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing," is, of course, a quote from Duke Ellington. Most of those gathered here probably have no idea who The Duke was. I'll leave it to you to do your own web search.

Some people think it's a reference to balisong manipulation. If you choose to see it that way, well, so be it.

------------------
Chuck
Balisongs -- because it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing!
http://www.balisongcollector.com

The Duke's cool.

And yeah, you are somewhat conservative in opinions, makes you all that much more adorable Chuck.
biggrin.gif

------------------

I am a very serious, avid pool player, and as many of you may know, a "masse" shot in a pool game is when you elivate the butt of the cue to put a spin on the ball to make it curve on the table. A fine art
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back