Your new Sebbie!!! The 25th!!! **more pics**

First off I registered just to comment on this...pretty much to agree with whats been said here but on top of that it was enough to bring me from a long time forum reader to a forum member. Haha never thought i would actually register but who knows maybe it will even motivate me toeven start participate in discussions (promise i'm not newbie to knife collecting, just the silent type)

Well welcome aboard !

:thumbup::thumbup:

Welcome! Glad to have you here:)

First off I registered just to comment on this...pretty much to agree with whats been said here but on top of that it was enough to bring me from a long time forum reader to a forum member. Haha never thought i would actually register but who knows maybe it will even motivate me toeven start participate in discussions (promise i'm not newbie to knife collecting, just the silent type)

I find it very odd that the custom graphic shows a lockbar that doesn't match the profile of the actual lock bar.

The pivot bushing is the main reason why I keep going back to EDCing a Sebenza. I am very disappointed to see it go.

First there was the Idaho Made stamp and now this...

As others have said, my only real complaint would be the removal of the bushing system. Other that that, I really like some of the changes, and can't wait to get my hands on one. I really hope that Chris will make the Sebenza 25 available with a carbon fiber scale option once the exclusive contract with knife art runs out.

As one person already wondered, I'm also wondering if the Insingo will be receiving these new upgrades? Anyway, I like the looks of the 25!
Jim

Handled it at blade, posting the video soon.

Really, really disappointed to see the 21 go. The pivot bushing system was one of the main draws of the sebenza to a LOT of people. It's was set CRK knives apart from the rest....The decision to remove it was not a good one in my opinion.

After having looked at the blade in videos and pics not posted here, the new 25 blade is not that big of a departure from the 21. In fact the regular versions "pre-21" seem to have a broader blade measured spine to bevel.

That's just an opinion guys - to my eyes we've lost a pivot bushing system and people are posting hurahh?

I'll need to be sold one this one maybe. :confused:

Well just put my name down for one plain Jane 25.
Sad to see the 21 go but they'll probably be plenty of them on the secondary market for a while.
And since the regular Sebenza this is the first major design change we have seen. Glad to see CRK keep progressing.

As one person already wondered, I'm also wondering if the Insingo will be receiving these new upgrades? Anyway, I like the looks of the 25!
Jim

Same, I'm wondering about which of and when the current 21 variants will come out, Insingo, carbon fiber sided, various inlays, etc. They already seemed super busy with production, so changing over to the 25 and making enough of the standard version to catch up to demand will probably take awhile.

I'm not planning to sell off my 21's but will definitely get an Insingo 25 if it comes out.

Hi all,

I have a Zaan but no Sebenza. I just ordered a Sebenza 21 with micarta last week...it is going to be a wedding present from my wife (we're getting married in October).

Anyway, other than drooling over pictures, I have no experience with the Sebenza 21 or any other CRK besides my Zaan. I am seeing a lot of love for the pivot bushing in this thread. Can I get some input why it is so loved? I am not picking on it or anything, just purely curious about what the perks of it are. I have always loved the pivot and ceramic ball detent of the Zaan and would love education about the pivot bushing since i have no hands-on experience.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I have a Zaan but no Sebenza. I just ordered a Sebenza 21 with micarta last week...it is going to be a wedding present from my wife (we're getting married in October).

Anyway, other than drooling over pictures, I have no experience with the Sebenza 21 or any other CRK besides my Zaan. I am seeing a lot of love for the pivot bushing in this thread. Can I get some input why it is so loved? I am not picking on it or anything, just purely curious about what the perks of it are. I have always loved the pivot and ceramic ball detent of the Zaan and would love education about the pivot bushing since i have no hands-on experience.

Thanks!

The perk is you just tighten it down until you can't go farther. There's no need to play with it to figure out how tight the pivot screw should be. It's simpler in that there's no thought involved when you assemble it.

On the other hand adjusting the Umnumzaan to the right tension takes about 15 seconds. Let the purple loctite dry for half an hour and you're good to go. How often do you need to take it apart anyway?

It has to be really precisely manufactured if you want supersmooth blade action and the blade centered in both closed and open position. The tolerances have to be very low, everything has to fit.

For me the pivot bushing is symbol of great manufacturing skills and great ideas in CRK. It is a trademark for Sebenza. And I don´t understand why they leave it in 25.

i was too quick when i made my first post on this one, specially now that i learned that the 21 will be discontinued:(
after seeing more pics of it i wonder how comfortable will the grooves be to all hand sizes!
the loss of the bushing is killing me! why will they do it?
the different sized screws are also a con in my book.
i'm really not digging this design! Will there be a plain one or just this "grafique" scale?
will the Insingo be discontinued too?
i hope, like many times, my heart changes on this matter!

My guess is that the manufacturing process will be easier with the new adjustable bushing. The need for machining such fine tolerances will have diminished due to the fact that it can be adjusted.

i was too quick when i made my first post on this one, specially now that i learned that the 21 will be discontinued:(
after seeing more pics of it i wonder how comfortable will the grooves be to all hand sizes!
the loss of the bushing is killing me! why will they do it?
the different sized screws are also a con in my book.
i'm really not digging this design! Will there be a plain one or just this "grafique" scale?
will the Insingo be discontinued too?
i hope, like many times, my heart changes on this matter!

Someone mentioned earlier the design you see in these pictures is just for the Blade Show prototypes.

On the other hand adjusting the Umnumzaan to the right tension takes about 15 seconds. Let the purple loctite dry for half an hour and you're good to go. How often do you need to take it apart anyway?
+1 I really think everyone should wait till they have an opportunity to hold it. To me, it was surprisingly comfortable, very smooth, and no blade play at all, and I really tried to force it. As for the bushing?...yeah, it's great, but so is my umnum. Im pretty much a crk "fan boi", but even if i wasnt, I'd put my faith behind Chris Reeve and his reputation

The umnumzaan was the blade that lead me to crk in the first place. I love that mr reeve put the best parts of my favorite folders in to one knife. The blade profile of the regular the handle of the 21 and the pivot of the umnumzaan. We all have are favorites and if you just like the 21, regular or the umnumzaan there are plenty to buy. I am excited about the 25 and will be first inline for delivery.

Like others have said, sad to see the bushing gone and don't care much for the look of the jimping. But, I'm liking the handle shape, the more pronounced forward finger groove(s) look like they'd be pretty comfy and aid in grip:thumbup:

-sh00ter

Like others have said, sad to see the bushing gone and don't care much for the look of the jimping. But, I'm liking the handle shape, the more pronounced forward finger groove(s) look like they'd be pretty comfy and aid in grip:thumbup:

-sh00ter

It's not jimping! I called it jimping in front of Chris and he promptly corrected me, haha. I got a kick out of it. :)

Anyway, the machines traction grooves are VERY aggressive. One chance that is an improvement in my eyes.

Back