Your new Sebbie!!! The 25th!!! **more pics**

The locking side washer that has the cutout for the lockbar also has a tab. I guess as long as you have the washer cutout in position where it allows the lockbar to operate and the handle scales tightened enough it should be ok and not rotate.

If it did rotate and the tab was In place of the cutout I would think it would prevent the lockbar from moving in

The 25th is almost like Sebenza + Umnumzaan design. You have the Sebenza handle and the Umnumzaan internals and locking mechanism.
I can't wait to feel the action of the knife. For people that have already handled it does it feel just like opening and closing an Umnumzaan?
And is there an audible click when the lock engages?

The 25th is almost like Sebenza + Umnumzaan design. You have the Sebenza handle and the Umnumzaan internals and locking mechanism.
I can't wait to feel the action of the knife. For people that have already handled it does it feel just like opening and closing an Umnumzaan?
And is there an audible click when the lock engages?
For me, the 25th opened and closed Like a Sebenza with the same audible clink/thunk. My Zann is SUPER smooth.

I'm not singling you out nyefmaker, but I really don't see a "HOME RUN"

The pivot bushing is gone.(what made the Sebenza, a Sebenza IMO)

Added different sized screws.(looks asymmetrical, and multiple tools needed? how is that better?)

Changed the jimping(if something ain't broke.......)

Added a finger groove(doesn't go with the Sebenza's simplicity scheme)

This is looking more like a single, maybe a double. I like the oversized pivot and blade shape. That's about it.

^this.

I held the 25 at blade, and IMO, it's leaps and bounds better than the 21. The jimping is fantastic. The problem I've had with the jimping on the 21's, is its just for show...doesn't grip for shi*... To me my umnum pivot is just fine. I set it like a year ago, and I've been flicking the hell out of it since. No blade play and super smooth. The 25 feels perfect...I couldn't put it down

I held the 25 at blade, and IMO, it's leaps and bounds better than the 21. The jimping is fantastic. The problem I've had with the jimping on the 21's, is its just for show...doesn't grip for shi*... To me my umnum pivot is just fine. I set it like a year ago, and I've been flicking the hell out of it since. No blade play and super smooth. The 25 feels perfect...I couldn't put it down

Do you have a newer 21? I thought someone said older 21's had different jimping than the new. The jimping on my small 21 (birth March) is quite good... real grippy.

I have sebbys from a bunch of different years, and all of them can't compare to the jimping on the 25.

The jimping on my april 2012 large seb. 21 is perfection...fine toothed and grippy goodness.

Anyone notice the angle of the cutout for the thumbstud is not as great? It Appears that the diameter of the cutout circle is smaller but the taper on the cutout is longer to allow for a thicker handle. Also the amount of the lockbar in the back is smaller. Maybe I am crazy, but I believe this would lead to less of a hotspot when using for longer periods of time.

I can't wait to get one and start using it hard.

I think the changes made do make it a more tactical knife that will be better for every day use.

Wonder if they would even go so far as to consider making one with a gun kote finish for those that are using it down range?

Changed my mind about ordering one, I now am ordering a minimum of three, once they are available!

Cudos to Mr Reeve for another wonderful invention.

Thanks again to BBQ Boy and others at Blade for your work

All I know is, I want one....lol

AND hope there are New CGG or even the current ones to go with it.

The jimping on my april 2012 large seb. 21 is perfection...fine toothed and grippy goodness.

That's how I feel about it, the jimping on my newest 21 is great... real grippy. The older sebs I've handled definitely weren't great in that department.

I get the feeling I will be looking through this thread religiously until the day I get one of these in my eager hands.

I guess i'll just chalk this up as an opportunity to work on my thin and shaky patience :D

Just when I was thinking that the best knife on the planet is the Sebenza... CRK himself proves it's still true. Personally I dont like the "25" at all. The magic and simplicity of the Sebenza will be replaced by this? bummer!

Just when I was thinking that the best knife on the planet is the Sebenza... CRK himself proves it's still true. Personally I dont like the "25" at all. The magic and simplicity of the Sebenza will be replaced by this? bummer!

Hang on to your old ones, that's what I'll be doing and have been doing ever since the ugly IM stamp was introduced ;)

First off I registered just to comment on this...pretty much to agree with whats been said here but on top of that it was enough to bring me from a long time forum reader to a forum member. Haha never thought i would actually register but who knows maybe it will even motivate me toeven start participate in discussions (promise i'm not newbie to knife collecting, just the silent type)

First off I registered just to comment on this...pretty much to agree with whats been said here but on top of that it was enough to bring me from a long time forum reader to a forum member. Haha never thought i would actually register but who knows maybe it will even motivate me toeven start participate in discussions (promise i'm not newbie to knife collecting, just the silent type)
Well welcome aboard !

김원진;10951676 said:
the jimping on the 25 seems similar to the the 2004 special jimping. same/different?

The jimping on the 04 Sebenzas was big and actually slippery. Didn't work well to hold your thumb. Everyone that has held the 25 says its bitey and it looks it

Back