Your new Sebbie!!! The 25th!!! **more pics**

Here's the details...

25th_Anniversary_Sebenza.jpg

WOW, I Like It. Great to see more of a regular blade profile than the 21. Gotta get one...! Looks to have all the best features of CRK folders all combined into one.

* Nice Contours
*Great Blade Profile
*Proven Umnumzaan style lock-up ceramic ball
* Heavier Pivot
*Thicker heavier blade
*Improved bronze wahsers
*Extra thumb groove for comfort and control
*Improved jimping.

And thats just what I saw from the pic.

I am hoping double studs are now standard.....?

Love the feel of the ceramic ball on the Umnumzaan. Very pleased that it was integrated into the new Sebenza.

so it sounds like a limited 25 run, then on with regular production? Love the blade.

The only thing I'm not crazy about is the high lanyard. I like mine in the middle, or bottom of frame. Then again I don't really need a lanyard,lol.

Wish the weight would have stayed the same also, but with the thicker blade there was no way around that.

Overall though, I really like it, and feel it will be super smooth!

Looks like the locating hole is gone.

They must have found a new way to position the slabs for machining.

I do think its safe to say that they will not all be engraved like this, this is just the special 1-25 I am thinking.

I am liking a plain jane version, and if they do come engraved per chance like this, its in no way a deal breaker. I would be more than happy to tote one around.

Havent seen pics of the backside, hoping it still retains the regular sebenza clip...?

Even though I'm going to get one, I'm wondering what its advantage is over an Umnumzaan: It has lost the bushing, gained the ceramic ball and the blade thickness. What do you other CRK lovers think?

Interesting that the blade thickness is the same as the umnum now. I wonder if titanium thickness will be the same as the umnum. If that is the case than crk will enjoy some new found economies of scale in the seb 25

Sure, but the destinctions are less now. I loved the bushing of the Sebenza and almost all the rest of the Umnumzaan: now that has changed and the Sebenza has lost that advantage.
The discussion about the advantage Sebenza / Umnumzaan is endless

Sure, but the destinctions are less now. I loved the bushing of the Sebenza and almost all the rest of the Umnumzaan: now that has changed and the Sebenza has lost that advantage.

I couldn't make a choice or see any advantage. There are days I prefere my Seb, on other days the Zaan but there is no real reason why.

OK, now I can finally go eat lunch!

Thanks alot, BBQ BOY, and the others that posted about the knife.

I'll hope to get a plain one when available, but would love one of these Proto's as well. Got someone to throw my name in the hat for the drawing, but with only 25 being made my chances may be better at winning the lottery(and I don't even play,lol).

edit- my understanding is Blade has only one for show, and the other 24 Proto's will come after Blade.

Just noticed a mistake in the info:

4,71 inch is not equal to 147,64mm. It is actually 119,63mm(vs 121,16 for the Umnum) For a moment there I thought the new Sebenza was quite a bit longer than the Umnumzaan!:p

Can't wait until they start shipping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back