Your new Sebbie!!! The 25th!!! **more pics**

Honestly this is like a dream come true. For how long have people asked for a Sebenza with the Regular blade profile and the 21 handle? This is really amazing. I'm not sold on that second choil but its not a deal breaker at all for me. The only real disappointment is the lack of a pivot bushing but I'm used to it by now with the Umnumzaan and I dont even miss it anymore. Thanks to all for the pics and info.

It's good to know that there is going to be a plain production model but I would really like to know when it is coming.

Peter

It sucks that we now need two different size wrenches to break it down...I like how simple my 21 is to clean in the field. I'm interested in seeing how the new washers and stop pin work. The notch in the washers must hold them in place.

I see someone on this thread put an order for one in already. If that is true, where are the prices and were did he order it from?

I see the advertisement shows the "large" version, are they gonna make a "small" one?

Really like the new blade profile, and the extra finger indent in the handle.

Big questions:

--will there be a small?

--will there be inlays?

--price?

Could someone enlighten me about the (potential) advantages and disadvantages of the new sebenza having a ceramic-ball?
Best,

Does anyone know what this means?

No more bushing but now adopts the Ti-Lock and Zann pivot. The blade is a hybrid, so to speak. Flat grind combined with CRK's hollow grind.

How can a knife blade be flat grind and hollow grind at the same time?

This seems odd and I'm only liking the more robust blade so far since my 21 doesn't seem to have a broad enough blade than I'd like. I like the bushing of the 21 - why wasn't it just made a hair bigger in diameter.

All the talk of protos. I'd like to buy one like a plain jane version of this perhaps but I can't afford much more damage than the 21 inflicts on my wallet.

I guess all my answers will come in time. ;)

Off the sebenza for a minute,anything else?..anything new for the mnandi?..different woods.i know new pin and clip...

Does anyone know what this means?

How can a knife blade be flat grind and hollow grind at the same time?

This seems odd and I'm only liking the more robust blade so far since my 21 doesn't seem to have a broad enough blade than I'd like. I like the bushing of the 21 - why wasn't it just made a hair bigger in diameter.

All the talk of protos. I'd like to buy one like a plain jane version of this perhaps but I can't afford much more damage than the 21 inflicts on my wallet.

I guess all my answers will come in time. ;)

Its just the way the blade is machined. Since I have not held, I can only speculate. My guess its hollow ground, but not as deep, then flat ground the rest of the way. Then hand ground of course to the edge. Would make for a much stronger blade I am thinking plus it might make it easier for CRK to machine. Less handwork perhaps and more machined. I like that its stonewashed too as this is the most durable blade finish I have ever used.

And as far as the no more bushing, it just has the blade hole and the large pivot. No blade bushing sleeve to go over the pivot. I had a ti-lock awhile back and thought the pivot was very heavy duty. Plus, it has worked out well for the zaan over the years.

As for the larger pivot bushing, I am sure CRK will provide the size Hex Wrenches needed. No biggie if they don't as one set of hex wrenches will cover all your needs and they are cheap.

Last edited:
I´m very interested if this is going to be a new regular production model.

But... Am I the only one who is quite disappointed? I always admired Sebenza for the ingenious simplicity of the design and brilliant construction.
This... this is something bigger, more complicated, more... tactical and avantgarde.

EDIT: Thanks for the pics!!!

Last edited:
Just a BIG thanks again to BBQ for taking the time to post and bring a little relief to those of us that can't be there to see it ourselves:thumbup:

Back