Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

ZHoovie ZHoovie Just that it’s a Parker Little Bandit lockback made in Japan. It’s called Christmas Tree but I don’t know what it’s made of .

I've wanted a Wharncilffe trapper for a long time. A few years ago I actually had my hands on one, but passed on it in favor of a couple of other knives that I "needed" more. Watching videos from this year's SHOT Show, I saw that Case was going to be releasing a bonestag version and I knew this was my chance. Ordered Tuesday and arrived yesterday.

53619619565_4e4d86a18c_b.jpg

This came in yesterday. A unique knife for sure. Starting to warm up to it.

o0vyx8o.jpeg
“Warming” I’m damn right hot under the collar! Lovely knife 🙏🏻. Curious though, the edge and spine look pretty parallel in this photo, is that due to sharpening or were these more sheepsfoot than ramsfoot to start with?

“Warming” I’m damn right hot under the collar! Lovely knife 🙏🏻. Curious though, the edge and spine look pretty parallel in this photo, is that due to sharpening or were these more sheepsfoot than ramsfoot to start with?
It’s a rope knife. I guess you can say it’s a sheepsfoot. Edge and spine are parallel. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t the Ramfoot that GEC produced kind of a fun dig at Charlie’s lambsfoot release. I dont think a ram foot was really a thing until it was produced in 2019.

Not sure on the origin story but I like the idea and I can only think of the 93 as named as a ramfoot specifically.
But I have a 15 Navy Knife, the GEC spec one, and it certainly isn’t a parallel blade.
Out of all 3 blade profiles since it gets taller towards the tip I’d say it’s closest to the Ram’s?
IMG-4355.jpg

It’s a rope knife. I guess you can say it’s a sheepsfoot. Edge and spine are parallel. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t the Ramfoot that GEC produced kind of a fun dig at Charlie’s lambsfoot release. I dont think a ram foot was really a thing until it was produced in 2019.

These were acquired over the past 3 weeks.
The Catt 2 blade congress was a most thoughtful and generous gift from Harry Old Engineer Old Engineer after breakfast meet up prior to driving over to The Badger Knife Show. Thanks my friend it will remain in my collection forever and will definitely be carried from time to time to remind me of the friendship I've made with you.
The (bone?) handled fixed blade with pewter accents was acquired at the show. It sure feels like bone but may be something else, not sure. The seller told me it was an old butter knife like one my grandmother may have used. He reprofiled the blade to its current shape and I couldn't pass it up as it had a rustic primitive rendezvous look about it.
The Kutmaster 2 blade equal end jack was another pick up at the knife show, a solid knife with great blade action at a fair price.
The Risner Indian Head stockman acquired from an internet seller, celluloid handles I believe.
The GEC 59 Hummingbird acrylic came from a fellow member here on the exchange. I wasn't sure I liked the Hummingbird acrylic until I saw Barrett's 59 in person in the lobby at the blade show, beautiful stuff that you have to see in person to appreciate. As luck would have it soon after getting home I found one on the exchange for a very reasonable price.
Recent-1 - 1.jpegRecent-2 - 1.jpeg

What a great mail day!!!! First and foremost, had a rogue gift package from echoscout echoscout . It included my two favorite kind of pocket knives. A spey and a lamb!!! A wonderful A Wright and Schrade made for Maher & Grosh. Thank you so much, David. What a truly generous and thoughtful gift.

This wonderful 93 lambsfoot was also delivered today. Such an amazing knife. Charlie’s creation is magnificent.

oAdejHw.jpeg

What a great mail day!!!! First and foremost, had a rogue gift package from echoscout echoscout . It included my two favorite kind of pocket knives. A spey and a lamb!!! A wonderful A Wright and Schrade made for Maher & Grosh. Thank you so much, David. What a truly generous and thoughtful gift.

This wonderful 93 lambsfoot was also delivered today. Such an amazing knife. Charlie’s creation is magnificent.

oAdejHw.jpeg
What great craftsmanship there. Congrats on your new additions.💥💥

David, what a warm and generous gesture.👍🏻

Yeah, “Ram Foot” was just a GEC marketing term, and a play on “lamb foot,” as you said. I’d say the blade is a sheepsfoot (and GEC’s tang stamp numbering chart agrees).

These were acquired over the past 3 weeks.
The Catt 2 blade congress was a most thoughtful and generous gift from Harry Old Engineer Old Engineer after breakfast meet up prior to driving over to The Badger Knife Show. Thanks my friend it will remain in my collection forever and will definitely be carried from time to time to remind me of the friendship I've made with you.
The (bone?) handled fixed blade with pewter accents was acquired at the show. It sure feels like bone but may be something else, not sure. The seller told me it was an old butter knife like one my grandmother may have used. He reprofiled the blade to its current shape and I couldn't pass it up as it had a rustic primitive rendezvous look about it.
The Kutmaster 2 blade equal end jack was another pick up at the knife show, a solid knife with great blade action at a fair price.
The Risner Indian Head stockman acquired from an internet seller, celluloid handles I believe.
The GEC 59 Hummingbird acrylic came from a fellow member here on the exchange. I wasn't sure I liked the Hummingbird acrylic until I saw Barrett's 59 in person in the lobby at the blade show, beautiful stuff that you have to see in person to appreciate. As luck would have it soon after getting home I found one on the exchange for a very reasonable price.
View attachment 2541273View attachment 2541274

Some cool additions, Greg! :thumbsup:

Acrylics can be hit or miss for me. Some look good in pictures, but then in person I don’t like ‘em as much. (The Draft Beer Acrylic they used on the second run of Beer Scouts — the same material was also called Tiger’s Eye Acrylic on some other patterns, if I’m not mistaken — is one that I just didn’t like in person, too sparkly.) But I agree with you on the Hummingbird, it looks great in person, a nice, subtle, vintage sort of look. And the #59 is a nice pattern, glad you were able to get one. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

oAdejHw.jpeg

That is, indeed, a great mail day. 😎

Such sweet old school jigging. I couldn't ask for anything better.

Beautiful jigged bone on that knife! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back