Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

That's a nice one, Camillus made, I believe. :thumbsup:

This odd little one came in the mail yesterday.
7RU8043.jpg

k0uaOul.jpg

A few years ago, CRKT put out some little art deco styled slipjoints designed by Ken Steigerwalt. I bought the 'Daedalus' model, with pinned MOP inlay, but waited on the 'Art Deco'. I finally gave in and ordered one, even though I'm not sure how useful that blade shape would be.
eExVI1j.jpg
I think the Deco qualifies as a "long pull".... definitely different looking.

These SFO Tinkers popped up at Christmas time but sold out very quickly. They finally popped up again this week and I snagged three of them, one for me and the other two are gifts. I've been wanting to try a Tinker, seems like a great mix of tools in a prefect sized SAK. The Big Foot theme just put it over the top for me. :D:thumbsup:

Today this schrade walden 898 came in. It's the same as the 899 but with celluloid handles instead of bone. It was kind of an impulsive buy but I'm very glad I bought it. The condition is decent and the blades are full but the quality is typical old schrade excellence. The pulls are easy and smooth but it's so snappy it almost jumps out of your hand. The butter & molasses got me as well. I like the circle around the pin.

IMG_6709.JPG
IMG_6708.JPG
IMG_6710.JPG

These SFO Tinkers popped up at Christmas time but sold out very quickly. They finally popped up again this week and I snagged three of them, one for me and the other two are gifts. I've been wanting to try a Tinker, seems like a great mix of tools in a prefect sized SAK. The Big Foot theme just put it over the top for me. :D:thumbsup:

You inbox is full, can you PM me? Disregard, found them. My daughter loves anything Bigfoot!!!

Last edited:
You inbox is full, can you PM me? Disregard, found them. My daughter loves anything Bigfoot!!!
Glad you found them. And thanks for heads up about my in box being full, I'll have to go empty it. :cool::thumbsup:
For anybody else interested in finding one of these knives, just Google search "Big Foot Tinker Knife" and you'll have no trouble.

Hi Mike - yes, it is in St. Louis. The St. Louis Knife Collectors Club has this show once a year.
I may go tomorrow. I've been to lots of "Gun and Knife" shows which are mostly gun shows, but I've never been to a true knife show. Just depends on if I feel like driving to St. Louis when I get up (2 hour drive).

I may go tomorrow. I've been to lots of "Gun and Knife" shows which are mostly gun shows, but I've never been to a true knife show. Just depends on if I feel like driving to St. Louis when I get up (2 hour drive).

There are a lot of traditional knives at this show, and custom makers as well.

I went to a local annual knife show with Railsplitter Railsplitter and @pearl2291 today, had a great time. Couldn’t leave without these two.

A Winchester sowbelly with thick stag:

And this Remington scout the seller dated to 1918 - 1932. It looks unused, not mint maybe but in really great shape.

Nice hauls, Tom! That Remington is amazing!

I spent my limited funds all in one place on this Ray Cover Canoe. Those aren't gaps around the covers. Ray uses a black fiberglass reinforced material for the spacers.
IMG_5244.JPG IMG_5245.JPG IMG_5247.JPG IMG_5248.JPG

Oh yeah, and my wife bought me this brownie when I wasn't looking.
Brownie.jpg
Gateway.jpg

Last edited:
Back