Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

A couple of weeks ago I got a message from Mike Crazy Canuck Crazy Canuck asking for my address. Said he had something to send me, and not to ask questions. I didn't argue with that. Today I got the package from up north and wow! He sent me a case sowbelly stockman in cv and chestnut bone, a knife I've been looking for and had in my signature line for quite a while (but no longer!). He also sent a very cool canadian coin. Mike, you are awesome and this is deeply appreciated.

This knife won't be living in a roll. I put it right in my pocket after dropping the kick on the sheepsfoot a little. It's a dandy of an example and I think it will be a regular from now on. Quite a looker too. :)

IMG_7069.JPG IMG_7070.JPG

p83W1So.jpg

Great example of Case 6318, CV PU, punch is stainless. FF ourstanding. What a bargain at the local hardware store.

This landed today. Brown sawcut in CV. Fit and finish are decent; I have better and worse from Case. But I love this pattern and it’s gonna get carried and used. Immediately removed the weird pocket clip (dunno why they had to put one one this particular configuration but whatever). I can live with the screw holes on the pile side bolster. Overall, I like it.
9EE130CB-E29D-47F4-83AB-3A5008D37082.jpeg

A couple of weeks ago I got a message from Mike Crazy Canuck Crazy Canuck asking for my address. Said he had something to send me, and not to ask questions. I didn't argue with that. Today I got the package from up north and wow! He sent me a case sowbelly stockman in cv and chestnut bone, a knife I've been looking for and had in my signature line for quite a while (but no longer!). He also sent a very cool canadian coin. Mike, you are awesome and this is deeply appreciated.

This knife won't be living in a roll. I put it right in my pocket after dropping the kick on the sheepsfoot a little. It's a dandy of an example and I think it will be a regular from now on. Quite a looker too. :)

View attachment 1288223 View attachment 1288224
Congratulations, that's a nice gift.
Well done, Mike Crazy Canuck Crazy Canuck :):thumbsup:

Very nice, Mike... you crazy canuck! Very cool....

I had a good trip to the mailbox today... I got a couple of Old Hickory paring knives to play with... they are the longer blade version, about 4"... these are surprisingly well made.
jiwhN5.jpg

I also received my 82 Possum Skinner in micarta.... first thought was "where you been all my life, darlin?" Could just be puppy love, but time will tell. This is a very good feeling knife. It's a good, full sized knife, but not "fat" feeling, because of it being a single spring design. It looks like the blades just nudge the liners, but I see no rub marks on the blades after opening/closing each blade about 40 times while flushing the joints. I like it....

jixAdT.jpg
jixWLb.jpg

jix8iz.jpg
jixia7.jpg

Glad it arrived safely Paul. Gotta say it looks pretty good in your hand there ;)

I also got a Case knife in the mail today. I was a bit silly a few weeks ago, and bid on a 06247PEN that I was successful in winning. The cool thing about this one is that it's a 1 dot (1979) model, just like me - although it's aging better than I am :D

ChqQLoE.jpg

I also got a Case knife in the mail today. I was a bit silly a few weeks ago, and bid on a 06247PEN that I was successful in winning. The cool thing about this one is that it's a 1 dot (1979) model, just like me - although it's aging better than I am :D

ChqQLoE.jpg
Really nice, I love the bone on it. Those 1970's Case knives were built so well, all the ones I've got are spectacular.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I had another one come in today as well but it was overshadowed by the case. :)

Schrade 233 medium jack. Nice example and minty as could be. For just about $22 I am quite pleased with it.

View attachment 1288270 View attachment 1288271 View attachment 1288272 View attachment 1288273

hmm, that's my kinda knife, the two bladed serpentine jack. :thumbsup:
Good score Chunk!
That knife is smaller than I normally carry, but I expectect I would learn to love a nice 33.
I am talking to someone about having a new one put together out of old stock parts. :)

Glad it arrived safely Paul. Gotta say it looks pretty good in your hand there ;)

ChqQLoE.jpg

A shrewd buy I'd say, beautiful example :cool::thumbsup:

Regards, Will

Back