Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

abDFNKw.jpg

Got this Rough Rider bird'n'trout in the mail, late Christmas gift from my best friend. Glows in the dark :D:thumbsup:

Looks like a handy little fishing knife. I got a thing for small fixed blades
Yeah I think it'll be a treat to use catfishing this coming summer, be a good bait cutter :):thumbsup:
Looks like a good all round knife. Bet it is sharp.:).
Thanks, it came out of the box scary sharp, of course I couldn't help a bit of modifications I filed a swedge on it;)

That is a cool little fixed blade. I’ve never really gone much for fixed blades, but I’ve seen a few on here lately that have me thinking!:cool:
Most folders I carry are larger than this'n lol. I'm thinking of making a pocket sheath for it,the factory one is a little lackluster. But the knife is great imho:cool::thumbsup:

I have been wanting one of these for years. Proportionally most beautiful clip point blade with long pull that GEC has made, IMO. What is more, not having a knife made in 2016 left a nasty gap in my GEC timeline and gave the #72 a grail-like status.

I had tried to acquire it here and there with no luck and gradually gave up hope. Just then a knife buddy of mine in a by-the-way manner mentions he bought back a knife that some years ago was his. Lo and behold the elusive #72 Northfield in AB!

He didn't care about it too much, so he let me have it for very very reasonable price and a promise to offer him a go on a #35 Churchill, should I ever let go of one.

Thank you, dear friend, it is very valued member of my GEC pack.
IMG-20210106-125342-2.jpg

IMG-20210106-125433-2.jpg

The smalls started arriving. Also picked up a spare pen knife while still available, I've already misplaced my current one several times, once for over a week.

Pockets Hunters in gray jigged bone, molasses sawcut bone, and red stag are still inbound (hopefully by Saturday).

Pen in yellow synthetic with CV blades. Pocket Hunters in yellow synthetic, clover sawcut bone, harvest orange pocket worn bone, and amber peach seed jigged bone.
original.jpg

All have very minor spots where you can see a little light between the liners and locks. Pen main blade does not snap into the open position, but one of my Boker Barlows did that and ended up same as the others after a good clean and lube followed by a large amount of opening/ closing, hoping that works on the Pen as well. Only other thing I can notice is one of the Case shields on a Pocket Hunter is barely proud enough on one end to catch a thumbnail. Otherwise the fit and finish is spot on IMHO.

Case should have named these Mini Pocket Hunters. They are small. Surprisingly, easier for me to hold and use than the pen knife, even though it is technically the larger knife.

edit - forgot to mention the yellow pocket Hunter has a CV blade, the others are stainless

Last edited:
The smalls started arriving. Also picked up a spare pen knife while still available, I've already misplaced my current one several times, once for over a week.

Pockets Hunters in gray jigged bone, molasses sawcut bone, and red stag are still inbound (hopefully by Saturday).

Pen in yellow synthetic with CV blades. Pocket Hunters in yellow synthetic, clover sawcut bone, harvest orange pocket worn bone, and amber peach seed jigged bone.
original.jpg

All have very minor spots where you can see a little light between the liners and locks. Pen main blade does not snap into the open position, but one of my Boker Barlows did that and ended up same as the others after a good clean and lube followed by a large amount of opening/ closing, hoping that works on the Pen as well. Only other thing I can notice is one of the Case shields on a Pocket Hunter is barely proud enough on one end to catch a thumbnail. Otherwise the fit and finish is spot on IMHO.

Case should have named these Mini Pocket Hunters. They are small. Surprisingly, easier for me to hold and use than the pen knife, even though it is technically the larger knife.
Great looking collection!

original.jpg

Those are nice. I have a Pocket Hunter from 2007 or 2008. Can't remember which but I've always liked the knife.

Which Pocket Hunter is your favorite?

Great looking collection!

Thanks!

Those are nice. I have a Pocket Hunter from 2007 or 2008. Can't remember which but I've always liked the knife.

Which Pocket Hunter is your favorite?

I'm surprised I'm actually liking anything that small LOL. :D

Still have three inbound, different scales. Of those I could still find available, I picked the ones I did because of the various scales. Might take a week or two to see if any one will stick out as favorite.

I love the looks of the Pocket Hunters, which had me so tempted, but I know I wouldn't care for the size that much. But if they had made a yellow single blade it would have been bought anyways.

All of my new Pocket Hunters are single blade, even the yellow.

I think the shape helps a bit with the small size.

edit - forgot to mention the yellow pocket Hunter has a CV blade, the others are stainless

Back