Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

A couple of new additions.

51681079207_36b392d9c1_c.jpg

Last week I turned on the hockey game 10 minutes late and found my team, the Kraken, already down 2-0. During a commercial, I pulled out my phone and started surfing around thru BF. I came across a picture of this 'Upswept Bow Trapper' in the Rough Ryder thread. It's beautiful. I went to the site where one buys these. It was 13 bucks and in stock. What's wrong with a little impulse buy? Into the cart it goes.

rKznL3cl.jpg

lXRq1Pyl.jpg

It's now 4-0 and the thought occurs to me that I could maximize the shipping cost by adding another knife. I stumble across a Splitback Whittler. It's also 13 bucks. I don't have a Splitback Whittler. Into the cart it goes.

vM1QWOal.jpg

qBAZueNl.jpg

Now it's 5-0. This is not good. I'm about to submit the order when a Peanut pops up at the bottom of the screen. It's only 10 bucks. I haven't bought a Peanut since last week. Into the cart it goes.

LAPQOgsl.jpg

bhfDVtDl.jpg

End of the second period and the Kraken are down 6-0. It's gone from bad to hopeless to excruciating. I submit the order and turn off the TV. There's only so much a person can take.

These just in, a Western W742 stockman in stainless and laminated hardwood @ 3⅞" closed, and
a gorgeous Lloyd "Dino" in 52100 and musk ox horn @ an even 4" closed.

Cno7zDJ.jpg

CZmwhDG.jpg
Jeff, that Dino is sweet! Very unique handle material and a great blade shape. Well done!

I was going to comment on your joyful knife, but your quote kind of ruined the mood for me. 🤣
Fixed it.
Secretly, scrimshaw is more work than I want to do.
It is an ebullient knife. I'll put it in a slip and carry it.

Last edited:
In typical Porch Fashion, my friend Barrett btb01 btb01 sent me this White Owl as a gift.
I was wanting one really bad but was unwilling to elbow my way through the crowd to get one.
But Barrett had me covered and generously sent it to me... what a fantastic gesture by a fantastic guy.
And what can I say, I absolutely love the knife and it is just as perfect as I thought it would be when i first saw them long ago.
The F&F is GEC quality through and through. The bone is a great color and I'm a big fan of the Winterbottom style. There doesn't seem to be any rubbing either.
To say I'm excited is an understatement. Thank you very much, Barrett... I am eternally grateful.

In typical Porch Fashion, my friend Barrett btb01 btb01 sent me this White Owl as a gift.
I was wanting one really bad but was unwilling to elbow my way through the crowd to get one.
But Barrett had me covered and generously sent it to me... what a fantastic gesture by a fantastic guy.
And what can I say, I absolutely love the knife and it is just as perfect as I thought it would be when i first saw them long ago.
The F&F is GEC quality through and through. The bone is a great color and I'm a big fan of the Winterbottom style. There doesn't seem to be any rubbing either.
To say I'm excited is an understatement. Thank you very much, Barrett... I am eternally grateful.

Awesome knife and an awesome gesture Barrett! 😊👍

Back