1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Your next SOG ?

Discussion in 'SOG Specialty Knives' started by Andre, Oct 15, 2002.

1. Andre

Andre

May 22, 2000
    Just out of interest, what is the next SOG on your list? (For Dann, that's probably something like the next 3 or so :) )

2. Andre

Andre

May 22, 2000
    I'll go first....

I'm waiting for my local dealer to get new stock, so I'll either get a Seal 2000 or a X42 Recondo depending on price. However, they currently have a Seal Pup and I've been thinking it might be a great buy as it could make a nice EDC. The other fixed blades are considerably bigger and mine tend to stay in the car or at home.

3. Danbo

Danbo Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 28, 1999
    For some reason, I just gotta have one of the new X42 Field knives. I also have to find another Tigershark. One of the old ones with the carbon steel blades, like I had a few years ago. I miss that Tigershark.

4. cpirtle

cpirtle Leathercrafter Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 28, 2001
    I am getting another Titanium Vision today :)

I had one a while ago and like a fool let it go. Since I've sold off almost all of my customs for other reasons, I decided to treat myself to a couple of nice production pieces and the Vision is one of the best.

I still wish they'd come out with a readily available one with a plain edge... ;)

5. glockman99

glockman99 Super Moderator Super Mod

Jun 12, 2000
    ...Do ya mean aside from the Pocket PowerPlier and CrossCut that I just bought at eBay? I guess that my NEXT one would be a Pocket PowerLock, whenever SOG gets around to making one.:).

6. BOK

BOK

Apr 16, 2002
    Well...what I'd like is a Seal 2000...been doing a lot of camping and hiking this year and my Ka-Bar and Nimravus are just not cutting it anymore...need that seal...

Little out of budget right now but it'll more than likely be my next SOG purchase...

7. glockman99

Jun 12, 2000
    BOK,

I think that you will really like the Seal 2000 once you are able to get one...But then, after you get a Seal 2000, you WILL want a Tigershark, as the Tigershark IS da bomb.:).

8. Bobby B

Bobby B No more Mr. Knife-guy

May 18, 2001
    Hmmm...
    I'm not sure, but maybe an aluminum Flash, Blink or SEAL Pup...

That is after I get my second (Rainbow) Powerlock reassembled...
    I'd hate to further jeopardize all Canadian SOG warranty...:D

Danbo, that X42 Field knife is sweet! I'll post a picture of mine (with BodyCote's DLC coating) to make whet your appetite!!!;) I too want a carbon Steel Tigershark...

9. BOK

BOK

Apr 16, 2002
    Dann - I'm very eager about the Seal...I handle it in the store everytime I'm at work and the weight and balance feels perfect for me. I don't think I'm crazy 'bout that 'all too tight' kydex sheath though but the knife gets an A+!!

10. FC Yuk

FC Yuk

Jul 13, 2002
    Bobby and Dann,
    My next SOG purchase just might have to be the tigershark. I hear you guys talk about it all the time. I might have to get one to see for myself.

11. NGK-Webmaster

NGK-Webmaster

Jun 21, 2002
    I wont mention any names but one of the guys above talks about the Tigershark all the time soooooooo i guess it's the next big purchase.

12. wildmanh

wildmanh Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker

Jul 9, 2000
    MY next SOG will be which ever catches my eye the next time I have a few extra bucks. Unless Dann will send me a Tigershark to cut my roast beast with.:D:p

13. Westicle

Westicle

May 9, 2001
    well my next purchase list woul include one f the three

- Multitool
    - flash 2
    - tigershark/sealpup

14. glockman99

Jun 12, 2000
    Sorry, but NO-ONE is getting MY Tigershark!.:cool:.

15. Bobby B

May 18, 2001
    You're right, we wouldn't want to mentionSOGMANN99 DANN by name, now would we...???:D :eek: :cool:

16. Bobby B

May 18, 2001
    I'm buying -I hope...:confused: - 1 each of the leather SOG folders...

17. NGK-Webmaster

NGK-Webmaster

Jun 21, 2002
    Plain Edge Seal Pup what I want, but cant find :p If i send mine back can you guys make it a plain edge !!! tiger Shark next and got to get some of those flippin pliers!

18. Andre

Andre

May 22, 2000
    :D My local dealer just contacted me and oh well, he's going to bring an X42 Recondo over for me with the next shipment. :D Should be here in 3 to 4 weeks.

Bobby B, what "leather handled SOG folders" are you referring to?

19. Bobby B

May 18, 2001
    Good catch...;)

Here is the picture from E-Bay... This is the smaller folder, the other is a slightly larger lockback...

:D

Attached Files:

20. BOK

BOK

Apr 16, 2002
    Wow that looks pretty interesting...I was actually picturing leather stacked handles...