Your next SOG ?

Sog is just the ticket for military personel.

I made my brother buy shiteloads before he went to Timor and he was darn glad to have it all.

I'm currently recovering from surgery:( so it might be a while till I can get another SOG. But here is my shortened wish list.

Fixed Blades:
Field Pup
X42-Recondo

Folders:
Magnadot
X42-Auto Clip
Aluminum handled Flash II

I was looking for one thing and found another.

Here's an interesting thread from last year on an interesting topic:

What Will Be Your Next SOG ???

for myself, I would guess the Recon Bowie, and we'll see what Santa Claus has to say about that.

Cheers,

Carl

Originally posted by wildmanh
I'm currently recovering from surgery:( so it might be a while till I can get another SOG. But here is my shortened wish list.

Fixed Blades:
Field Pup
X42-Recondo

Folders:
Magnadot
X42-Auto Clip
Aluminum handled Flash II

Lol, boy that brings back memories. :) I only ended up with two out of the three on my list, a Field Pup and an X-42 AutoClip and they get used quite a bit.

What about the rest of you? Did you get the SOG(S) you wanted?

At the time of that posting last year I'd probably barely heard of SOG Knives, but I don't know if I'd even discovered this SOG Forum.

Then shortly afterward Loretta helped me order up my Bowie and SEAL 2000.... then I went plumb crazy and have ended up with more fixed blade SOG's than I ever dreamed about or coveted or realized I wanted, including a X-42 Recondo model that wildmanh had/has on his wish list.

Quite amazing. SOG's are the best !!

Cheers,

Carl

Another tigershark and then my fifth trident... yeah I know I have issues but secretly your jealous :)

i only have one SOG at this time but i looooove my tsunami. penetrating power and sharp all year round. my next one will either be a tigershark or x-42 recondo. or both...just as well. but they will never hold a candle to my main blade, but are well worth the price

Originally posted by USMC 0331
i only have one SOG at this time but i looooove my tsunami. penetrating power and sharp all year round. my next one will either be a tigershark or x-42 recondo. or both...just as well. but they will never hold a candle to my main blade, but are well worth the price

The Tsunami's sure are sharp and strong.:D am glad you like yours. I've got one and just love it too.

z17813,

more than one Tigershark and FIVE Tridents ?? Dude, that's awesome !!

I tell ya, the Tigershark is an incredible piece of art and function. I've mentioned before on this Forum that mine has all-too-easily chopped and whapped and hacked it's way through some serious tree limbs up at VAFB..... I'm still amazed to think how easily it went through a couple of 4"+ limbs. Razor sharp too. I certainly couldn't say if it's the best camp knife in the world, but I'm sure not concerned about buying anything else, the Tigershark has so far done it all, and then some.

Cheers,

Carl

Well, since im going back to Iraq in 3 weeks i went out and bought another Tsunami, an x-42 recondo, Seal 2000, an x-ray Vision, an MOD ATAC MARK V, and an EXtrema Ratio Col Moschin. But i really love playing with my SOGs. they call to you when you put them down. and does anyone know if they are DCing the Tsunamis?

Originally posted by New Pig Hunter
... I tell ya, the Tigershark is an incredible piece of art and function. ... Razor sharp too. I certainly couldn't say if it's the best camp knife in the world, but I'm sure not concerned about buying anything else, the Tigershark has so far done it all, and then some.

Cheers,

Carl
Yeah, yeah yeah... rub it in...;) :p :rolleyes:

Originally posted by USMC 0331
Well, since im going back to Iraq in 3 weeks i went out and bought another Tsunami, an x-42 recondo, Seal 2000, an x-ray Vision, an MOD ATAC MARK V, and an EXtrema Ratio Col Moschin. But i really love playing with my SOGs. they call to you when you put them down. and does anyone know if they are DCing the Tsunamis?

Nice asortment of knives you picked up.:) May they serve you well. Yes, the Tsunamis are being DC'd.:( So get them while you can. I need to get a Mini Tsunami before they are all gone.

USMC 0331,

as a retired Navy guy, I'll keep you and your family in my prayers for safety. Keep your head down and your powder dry.

and I'll agree w/ wildmanh, that's a great set of knives you've selected.

Cheers,

Carl

p.s. Bobby B, couldn't have done it without ya, pal.... makes me think of you every time I run the blade across the strop and do touch-up on the bluing.

Hello SOG people,
Please tell me what makes us like we are, I mean, we sit in our recliners and we click those thumbstuds and wipe our blades and check for sharpness, and check the points and click and wipe and shave our arms !! And then we jump up like we got a fire in our butt, our wives or girlfriends just stare. We then proceed to make like its a big deal and get a magnafier glass, because we thought we felt a BURR :eek: , We then get a ceramic rod, (just to make sure) its hair popping sharp !:eek: O.K. we have completed this VERY important task, all is well with our cutting tools, so we sit down and watch a couple minutes of the news, THEN they show soldiers and we start thinking of SURVIVAL,:eek: and wonder if that SOG 2000, or that BIG TIGER is doing o.k. tucked under the bed, and did we remember to leave it pointed in the right direction under the bed (just in case) you never can tell !! You could be asleep if IT were to happen, so it better be ready. I have went through these rituals for about 25 years, am I paranoid ? Yes, very, somedays more than others. Am I afraid, NO, Because I got enough hair poppin sharp knives in my house to supply the whole neighborhood, if the need arises. What am I talking about ? Only people who love knives understand, I just love glistening metal that is razor sharp, and I love to hear the solid KER-CHUNK of a back spring dropping into it's designated slot, It makes me feel good and secure. I hope you all don't think bad of me for revealing these terrible secrets too you.:rolleyes: Robbie Roberson

Sorry about the off topic ranting, I am getting a SOG Mini Jetedge, no longer in production, a buddy of mine is sending me one, and I can't wait to click it open and closed until my thumb bleeds !:D I then want get another SOG REVOLVER to carry in my truck just in case. I then want to get another TWITCH 2, I traded the last one for a FLASH 2 camo, I then want to ............. :(
Robbie Roberson

...just another knife knut!
My wife always asks me why I need all these knives if I never use them??? So periodically I make sure I use some in such a way as to help her out: i.e. cutting cured summer sausage, kitchen knives had trouble with, clearing branches in the yard, etc. Then I make a point to let her know I was using one of my knives... Most of them just get photographed and stored; occasionally showed off...

I am also guilty of having some incredible knives, and only really using cheap ones...:eek: so as not to mark up the "good" ones...

Why do we do this? Why do we buy the latest in $,$$$ Unobtainium blades with X-59 Indestructo handles, which can slice diamonds and puncture granite :rolleyes: pry apart a bank vault:eek: , and then use the $5 cheapie because we don't want to damage the blade...??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

BTW I am sure nobody ever actually does this, but theoretically I am sure I'm not alone, considering all the "hard use" blades (discontinued for years) which are listed in the exchange as NIB or LNIB " not even cut air"...:rolleyes:

Why???:confused:

I am SO surprised to hear of such things going on in your house, SAVING the GOOD ones ! Using Cheapies ! Photos of ONLY the good stuff !:rolleyes: I use ALL my good expensive knives......... to hold the shelves down in my safe ! EVERYDAY !!!:D :p
Robbie Roberson

P.S. I have carried a night vision for over a year and use it regularly............. to open DOG FOOD bags !!!:eek:

Originally posted by Robbie Roberson
I am SO surprised to hear of such things going on in your house, SAVING the GOOD ones ! Using Cheapies ! Photos of ONLY the good stuff !:rolleyes: I use ALL my good expensive knives......... to hold the shelves down in my safe ! EVERYDAY !!!:D :p
Robbie Roberson

P.S. I have carried a night vision for over a year and use it regularly............. to open DOG FOOD bags !!!:eek:
I've used mine for that too. Even used a Busse for that once (it was handy), but that hardly counts as "hard use" LOL!!!

BTW I used my NightVision in the yard, but the tanto point wasn't ideal :rolleyes: LOL!

I'm talking light brush clearing, etc...:D

Back