Your opinion on the NedFoss Bowie

Hello folks, I hope you are all doing well! I found this NedFoss 13inch Bowie on Amazon and I think that it is quite interesting, especially considering the price! It is full-tang, between 5,5 and 6mm thick and the steel is 5cr13mov. I don't have any experience with this steel, what's your opinion on it? The knife goes away for around 50 bucks and the costumer reviews seem to be rather positive. Actually I am searching for a nice Bowie that is not expensive but not total crap either. I heard of the Timber Rattler Outlaw Bowie but I think for my taste it is a bit too big. If you have any recommandations for bowies around 35cm and below the 100euro mark I would be very grateful. Of course I am also interested in your opinion on the NedFoss bowie, here is the link:
Link removed, read the site rules please.
Thank you and have a nice day

Last edited by a moderator:
I would suggest the Becker Bk7 by Kabar. It the same size knife, but with good steel and a much better design. If not, then check out the Ontario RAT 7 or an ESEE 6. Also, avoid the saw teeth; all they do is bind and hinder cutting performance.

n2s.

Not to my taste at all....to say the least.
Youd be better served by a Becker, Ontario (as mentioned above) or Ka-Bar etc. Several excellent knives from that company under the EUR100 mark.
As I assume you are in Europe, theres a company in Finland (which I cant link to) which has an excellent selection.

That isnt a bowie. Too small and junk stainless. Bowies are always carbon steel and large.

For 100 euro, I would look into Condor. Good knives. Really dont need to spend more for a good woods bowie.

I have an Ontario SP10 Marine Raider that I'm very happy with. Good price, good quality, and good blade length for a Bowie (not too short or too long), IMO.

I also considered the Cudeman Bowie, with molybdenum vanadium steel, I just like these shiny blades with wooden handle scales and wonder what other options there may be?

Bowies can obviously be carbon or stainless. But this 5cr13Mov Chinese steel isn't very inspiring. In fact I suspect this knife may be what's commonly categorized as "crap". The countless positive non specific Amazon reviews also smack of "fakeness". I think there are a zillion better alternatives from decent makers from all over the world out there.

Stainless is to bowie as yellow is to Ferrari. It is simply not done by normal people.

That isnt a bowie. Too small and junk stainless. Bowies are always carbon steel and large.

For 100 euro, I would look into Condor. Good knives. Really dont need to spend more for a good woods bowie.

Nonsense. Plenty of excellent bowies are made these days in stainless steels.

Also, almost every Ferrari ever made has been available in yellow and has been sold in that colour extensively. In fact, Enzo Ferrari's favorite colour on a car was yellow. He chose yellow for the Ferrari badge for goodness sake.

Last edited:
Stainless is to bowie as yellow is to Ferrari. It is simply not done by normal people.
wether its done by your opinion of what are normal people are or not, was not in question. someone corrected your error and you made another statement that put you further in the hole :D

wether its done by your opinion of what are normal people are or not, was not in question. someone corrected your error and you made another statement that put you further in the hole :D

The hole?

Go make a knife and stop arguing with potential customers. I almost bought that chute knife the other day. Gorgeous work btw

Is it filled with knowledge about bowie knives? cause I'm there.

Lets start another bowie knife pic thread filled with small stainless clip points ;)

Back