your sharpest knife?

My Krein Ultimate Caper and Spyderco Mule in CPM M4 are the sharpest knives I have (my sharpening). My Spyderco Stretches (CF and FRN) in ZDP 189 are not far behind, with my CPM D2 Military being right there as well (again, my edges).

Mike

This is the sharpest "out of the box" knife I've had: Kershaw damascus Leek

various2008-2009145.jpg

After sharpening myself, this is the sharpest blade I've ever owned: Bark River Bravo Necker with full convexed blade

various2008-2009151.jpg

Probably this one. Aritsugu, hand made carbon steel. Purchased in Japan. I am using a Japanese water stone with it now.
It slices raw fish as thin as paper, never tearing the flesh.
Aritsugu.jpg

My Kreined Caly3 ZDP which I put a polished edge on with my Edge Pro is my sharpest right now. I have a Murray Carter neck knife on the way which I have high hopes for however.

I just sharpened my cousins buck 112. It is the second time I used the DMT aligner kit I just bought. After I reset the bevel, I gave it 40 super light swipes on the white sharpmaker flats. When my cousin went to shave a little hair to test the sharpness he cut a filet of flesh off himself about the size of a fly :D
I was proud.

Well, my RC 3-MIL I think came from the factory sharper than any of my other knives. My Spyderco Native in s30v wasn't far behind.

Now, they're all about equally sharp. Enough to where I can't really tell the difference, my Centofante might feel the sharpest, because it has the thinnest blades of my slicers.

Hands down my Shun 10 Chef...I can see through everything I cut if I so choose...than and both times I nicked myself with it I didn't even know it until I saw red...razor.

an rj martin trooper;it has an edge that cant be explained.:eek:

Shiva Ki Merc'.
Push cuts newsprint, slices hanging 1" rope and eats 2" X 4" 's.

Pretty sharp. :)

standard.jpg

Doug

Out of box goes to my S90V millie and every millie I have seen for that matter but still nothing compares to the edges I apply. Steel that gets the sharpest for me is without a doubt CPM-M4.

My Izula Is the sharpest right now with the Fallkniven F1 just received as a Christmas gift running a close second.

In order of sharpest is

Rat Izula
Fallkniven F1
Spyderco Native 4 with VG10 and Carbon Fiber Handles
Spyderco Manix 2 with CPM154
Bark River Bravo 1 with A2

I received a EdgePro Apex for Christmas so as I sharpen I expect this list will change.

Happy Holidays

Bill

Last edited:
Probably this one. Aritsugu, hand made carbon steel. Purchased in Japan. I am using a Japanese water stone with it now.
It slices raw fish as thin as paper, never tearing the flesh.

Here's another Aritsugu, a small kitchen knife obtained last autumn.
2008.10.04.R0016553.JPG

It cuts walnut embedded in a raw(unbaked) bread in two.
2009.02.12.R0017659.JPG

Back