Test ad

You're saying that wrong...

David Mary

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hey yous!

I always cringed at that one.

And I remembered thinking that word crimes song was clever when I first saw it a few years ago, but forgot how mean and full of innuendo Weird Al is. Not a fan of that part.

How about people who misspell knife here? I've seen "knive" and "knifes" many times. I'm not even referring to the people posting from non-English speaking countries. Pathetic.

David Mary

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Believe it or not I've actually caught myself doing "knifes before", now mind you it was only a typo, and I am pretty sure I caught it before hitting send each time, but I don't know for sure.

On computer side of things how about the entire world choosing to pronounce the extension .gif with a G sound instead of a J sound

Ah, the arbitrary, counterintuitive and nonsensical pronunciation that Steve Wilhite decreed for the Graphics Interchange Format file extension. His insistence that anyone pronounce "GIF" like "JIF" is pure and simple trolling in my opinion, and I refuse to comply. :)

and this use across most forms of words with the prefix "Giga"

Despite gigabyte having two hard G sounds in English, French speakers correctly pronounce "gigagbyte" with a soft first G, and a hard second G, in their own language, as demonstrated here: https://fr.howtopronounce.com/french/gigabyte

To be correct, they should use two hard Gs when speaking English, but but how often do people get the accents right for a language other than their native one?

David Mary David Mary I am similarly viewed on the pronunciation of GIF given it came decades after it became commonly pronounced making it a silly a futile "correction" but it does have basis in being pronounced as such. I also really don't care about how people pronounce "giga" I just am amused by the inconsistency.

That's getting jiggy with it. 😆
CNaPcsWRFmugm2Uc4e1PHChJMcJ0n_-uicaRLwAxi0my51fPP6mO_E3oxpUwGvpAdZo2WPfeZ3FWRVPIOMj9TvYiogoOGShlaZHviDMtn9GPVSzmJ_ndJWt-DZU3G7W7