ZDP Jess Horn - Light, Strong and...Sexy

Thank you.

Still believe reviews should be very subjective and entertaining...

I was not able yet to dull the ZDP so I cannot compare with S30V.

Jur ask me to touch up his ZDP Delica last time and I was able to have it sharp in two minutes of ceramic work. It does't seem to be difficult to maintain in to a very high level of sharpness...
Time will tell.
The Jess Horn got a very thin blade too...

Cheers

JM

(Tonight it will be Horn concerts in the streets... France just won against Spain... 3 to 1 !!! )

What makes it better than the ZDP Delica? Compare and contrast. I never liked the look of the Jess Horn and I was surprised that they made it the 3rd ZDP run. I thought the Jess Horn was not a big seller like the Delica and CJ.

The big brown truck delivered my pair today from GP. Initial impressions: very light weight, very sharp, very stabby, and very burgundy. Very much like the original Jess Horn Lightweight but with a different color handle and blade steel. I just realized that this is the ultimate paring knife - it will make a good potato skinner.

I received two of these and compared their consistency. I was a bit surprised that the laminate line (between the ZDP and 420) of the two knives was aligned differently. On one knife this line runs relatively parallel to the edge all the way out beyond the tip and on the other knife, this line intersected the edge grind about 1/4" from the tip which makes me wonder if the cutting edge near the tip is 420 or ZDP. Also both knives had uneven blade grinds - thicker on one side than the other. I think these are relatively nitpicky aesthetic issues and overall I think it will be a nice little knife to carry to the office.

I recieved my two also. I have the same experience as Slatts with the two having different lines where the cladding meets. The overall quality is excellent with that one exception. The Cladding lines seem to be something that doesn't affect performance as the edge is excellent and very sharp. I will carry one daily not for hard use. I have others for that, though I've no doubt it could handle it. It's handle design, lightness ( won't sag clothing), sharpness and good textured grip make it perfect as a backup. It would be sharp and pointed enough to pierce leather, denim etc as well. I like them.

Now I'm ready for a nicely polished BG42 blade on the stainless delica or Navigator handle, though these FRN sprints are keeping me very happy too. I like both and have carried FRN Endura's and delica's since the "G2" ( Gin 1) days. Thank you again Sal and the rest of the Spyderco team. Joe L.

The same thing is evident on the one I have, it is just a cosmetic issue. However there may be a problem for those that don't understand it is a laminate. A number of people I have showed it to assumed it is a water line from corrosion. The knife itself is a fine example of a precision cutting tool. The tip is amazingly fine.

-Cliff

A number of people I have showed it to assumed it is a water line from corrosion

I kinda doubt the unwashed masses will stumble upon one on their own. ;)

Big brown truck delivered the Horn zdp. This is the perfect knife for me. I use my knife to cut fruit during my meals at work. This slim thin blade is perfect. My precious...my precious.

Back