Zero Tolerance 562 Couple Questions

I've read a lot about them for a while now, they seem really popular for a medium sized folder.

Anyone had any issues with the pivot losening when carrying or with use?

For me, I haven't had that issue. But speaking of pivot screws, I don't like how ZT used two male screws, instead of a male and secured female screw like on the 0566 and 0560. However, I wouldn't worry about it loosening pivot as using a drop of blue loctite could easily solve that. Not to mention I dislike the pocket clip as it is too stiff with a lack of a ramp.

Last edited:
Carried/used an Elmax version quite a bit in 2016. No issues at all.

No issues at all. Used a drop of blue Loctite for good measure. It's been two years and still perfect.

I wore out one and never an issue and none on my second either ... I personally never needed to use loctite on either ... but it would solve any issue with the pivot getting loose.

No issues on my two elmax versions that have been used. I recently picked up two 393sw and I no longer carry the 562. The pivot on the 393 is what should be on the 562 IMO, it also carries better and came much sharper from the factory than the 562's did. After comparing the two, the 393sw is ZT's best yet IMO.

For me, I haven't had that issue. But speaking of pivot screws, I don't like how ZT used two male screws, instead of a male and secured female screw like on the 0566 and 0560. However, I wouldn't worry about it loosening pivot as using a drop of blue loctite could easily solve that. Not to mention I dislike the pocket clip as it is too stiff with a lack of a ramp.

Are you saying ZT 0562 uses two male pivot screws or are you saying sth that is totally irrelevant to the said knife in the OP?

Are you saying ZT 0562 uses two male pivot screws or are you saying sth that is totally irrelevant to the said knife in the OP?
I was saying that the ZT 0562 use two male screws, which mean the pivot is comprised of three parts instead of two parts like on the ZT 0560, 0566, 0301, 0350 etc.

hmmm you might get a fake 0562.
Nope, I've had three ZT 0562 of different variations. Unless I'm mistaken (don't feel like taking apart my 0562 right now), but I thought the pivot screw on the lockbar side was actually the same male screw with a female collar attached/combined to it. But, technically a seperate part that had been attached to the male screw. Quick screen grab from the Nick Shabazz disassembly video but to my eyes, it appears I can see the line where the male screw and collar are attached.
05a7cf98fe0014042dec7c5fc590e62e.png

Last edited:
I don't think it's two male screws. I'll double check next cleaning.

Nope, I've had three ZT 0562 of different variations. Unless I'm mistaken (don't feel like taking apart my 0562 right now), but I thought the pivot screw on the lockbar side was actually the same male screw with a female collar attached/combined to it. But, technically a seperate part that had been attached to the male screw. Quick screen grab from the Nick Shabazz disassembly video but to my eyes, it appears I can see the line where the male screw and collar are attached.
05a7cf98fe0014042dec7c5fc590e62e.png

I think it's a machining line, because mine is one piece like every zt I have.

As for problems with the 562, I've had none with my CF model. Bought it used and it's been used but rock solid. Never had a problem with the pivot loosening but I always use loctite on my pivots.

No issues with the 2 I’ve had. One did have a strong detent. Like noted above a drop of loc tite is used on every screw in my folders and fixed blade scales.

Back