Zero Tolerance 562 Couple Questions

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Boxer .45, Oct 30, 2019.

1. mycough

mycough Basic Member Basic Member

May 20, 2007
    Damn, I would like to see a "worn out" 562. Based on my few dealings with ZT I bet they would give you a new one just for the chance to examine that poor old girl.
    If you have any pictures I am all ears... I mean eyes.....

Russ

2. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Pivot getting loose is not an issue of my concern. A drop of blue loctite shall do it, as suggested by many. Steel ball bearings running directly on titanium lock side is a potentially issue to me, which I think is a design flaw that ZT overlooked. I try not to overtighten the pivot, just loose/tight enough that no noticeable side to side blade play.

3. dboblades

dboblades Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Iā€™d get an xm 18 3ā€ or 3.5ā€ triway better knives imo more personality feels better in hand. Feels higher quality Having owned both i prefer the hinderer (caveat latest gen only)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  4. sharp_edge

Jul 30, 2015
    waiting for you to eat crow ...

dboblades likes this.
  5. Gideons

Gideons Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 9, 2015
    For what? You haven't provided any evidence to the contrary of my statements. I'm not going to disassemble my loctited 0562 for definite proof as it really doesn't matter.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  6. sharp_edge

Jul 30, 2015
    You can continue to insist that ZT 0562 (and a bunch other ZTs) have 3 parts pivot. Your choice, my friend. I was half joking though.

7. Gideons

Dec 9, 2015
    I never claimed a whole bunch others had three piece pivots. Quite the opposite actually, I claimed a whole bunch of ZT's had a two piece pivots which is why I thought the 0562 was unusual.

8. sharp_edge

Jul 30, 2015
    First thing first. Does ZT 0562 have two parts pivot or three pats pivot? Is it so difficult for you to admit a mistake in real life?

9. Gideons

Dec 9, 2015
    Post proof and I will believe that is two parts. That screen shot I posted made it look like three parts.

10. Edgeoflife

Edgeoflife Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 11, 2018
    Ive considered grabbing an 0562 many times but the weight has always held me back. i generally dont daily carry many knives over about 4.5 oz, Exception being larger folders (4"+ blade). I saw someone makes a liner delete CF Show scale that drops roughly an ounce, putting the 0562 in my sweet spot for carry, but seems that would negate the functionality of the external stop pins for lateral stresses and could trash the CF. Regardless its an iconic knife so im sure I will end up grabbing an 0562 at some point when a deal arises on a user most likely.