Zero Tolerance Current/Upcoming/Discontinued Models

$280 is close to the price of a used but nor abused Hinderer XM-18 3.5" and to me that is significantly overpriced.

ZT 0562CF, 0562TI and 0562BLGRY are $260-$280 new. These all have premium 20CV steel blade and the presentation side is either CF or TI. Hinderer XM-18 3.5” with 20CV and G-10 on the presentation side is $425 new. ZT wins! A Hinderer CF scale is $100 and TI is $200. I’m sure you can also get a 0562CF used for less than the $260 new price.

ZT 0562CF, 0562TI and 0562BLGRY are $260-$280 new. These all have premium 20CV steel blade and the presentation side is either CF or TI. Hinderer XM-18 3.5” with 20CV and G-10 on the presentation side is $425 new. ZT wins! A Hinderer CF scale is $100 and TI is $200. I’m sure you can also get a 0562CF used for less than the $260 new price.

I appreciate your contributions to this site. However, after owning five ZT 0562's and 0562CF's and five Hinderer XM-18 3.5"s (yes I love all of them), I have come to the conclusion that they are not at the same level in terms of built quality, fit and finish, jimpings, and ergo. We all know at this price point, material plays a secondary role or otherwise nobody would pay $400+ for a s35vn CRK sebenza 21.

Actually even if we just talk about materials, the SS liner on ZT 0562 rusts over time while that is not a concern at all with Hinderer XM-18s. And the Hinderer G10 scales are superb for both the looking and the function, much better than the slippery CF scale of ZT 0562.

If there had not been any previous ZT 0562s, this new factory release 0562 or whatever they call would be great to have @ ~$240.

I appreciate your contributions to this site. However, after owning five ZT 0562's and 0562CF's and five Hinderer XM-18 3.5"s (yes I love all of them), I have come to the conclusion that they are not at the same level in terms of built quality, fit and finish, jimpings, and ergo. We all know at this price point, material plays a secondary role or otherwise nobody would pay $400+ for a s35vn CRK sebenza 21.

Actually even if we just talk about materials, the SS liner on ZT 0562 rusts over time while that is not a concern at all with Hinderer XM-18s. And the Hinderer G10 scales are superb for both the looking and the function, much better than the slippery CF scale of ZT 0562.

If there had not been any previous ZT 0562s, this new factory release 0562 or whatever they call would be great to have @ ~$240.

ZT quality is well known. I’m looking at price/performance and great value from ZT.

ZT should include a 0562G10 with 20CV stonewashed blade and G-10 presentation side for $240. Then, it’s $240 vs $425 for Hinderer. To some the extra $185 is worth it. To many more others ZT is a great route without sacrificing too much.

Look at 0562TI at $280 vs Hinderer XM-18 3.5” with a TI scale at $625! A $345 difference!

Last edited:
Hate that we can't call these Sprint Runs anymore! I guess we will all get used to calling them Factory Special Series (FSS). Just sounds weird to me. I am excited about this one. Seeing how pre orders have been going it looks like a lot of you are.

These are the best pics I have right now but will post more when I get them!

Someone asked an interesting question that has nagged me a bit.

When these knives do come into your store, would you mind checking and seeing if the titanium back of the carbon fiber scale is coated as well?

(I know, common sense would dictate that it should by default, cuz otherwise, it would not look anywhere near as good.)

Personally, I find the colors very appealing, I am a sucker for the black/navy coloring.

122958820_10159331862086282_1658326333316141453_o.jpg

To each their own.

I happen to think this is a sick looking knife and as a huge KAI fan you can bet I'm gonna try and score one.

The 0562 is a great platform to start this Factory Special Series. The knife itself is a hell of a worker and I like this color scheme.

In my opinion, ZT's quality is top notch. This one will make a sweet addition to my collection.

Concerning the Hinderer vs ZT battle, I think they both have their place. If you want exceptional quality, well built, hard working knife the ZT won't fail you. Mine never has. Comes apart and goes back together with no trouble, stays sharp for a long time, and the only things I've replaced on it were the pocket clip and screws (which KAI provided free of charge). Always had excellent service from zt and Kershaw.

My Hinderers though (xm-18 and Xm-24) are on another level precision wise. Build quality, machining, hardware is second to none. Definitely worth the $465 and $570 I paid, and I have the 18 in my pocket everyday at work. Are they worth the extra cash outlay? Hell yes. Would the ZT do the job just as well for less? Yea it would. They're knives, they cut things. Am I proud to own 2 Hinderers? Yes! I'm also proud to own my ZTs. There is definitely a difference in quality, but the ZTs are no slouch. And you can snag them used for very reasonable prices (I got my 562cf for 170...).

I also enjoy my Hinderer designed Kershaw Thermite, my zt 566cf, and I had a cryo and cryo 2. I just like Hinderer designs. I think there is a place for both in the same collection.

An interesting variation but not interesting enough for me to want to buy it.

My thoughts exactly.

Instead of different colors of coatings and scales, KAI should produce a skinny ZT0562.

I'd be all over this!

This. Other companies actually listen to their customers, ie the 945 mini Osborne, etc....but not ZT.

They need to make a 0566 with titanium and KVT bearings, should have happened years ago.

Yep

I think the 0562 is a great knife, but it is very different from an actual Hinderer XM-18
Depending of what you like in a knife it can be either better or less compelling than a true Hinderer
To each his own;)

I have no problem with my 0393 and like it very much
Completely different from my Eklipse and IMO they go well side by side

nice iteration of the 0562 by ZT here, but I would have preferred a new model
uH1fAlR.jpg

I wanted to follow up on the 0707. There is quite a bit of drag from the dual detents. It does not fire
as well as my 0452CF. Forget drop shut too...you must close it with a finger. And that is the end of the
negatives. It is very light and thin too. But it is stiff and strong in the hand...it fits well! The blade is thin
and slicey and arrived razor sharp. It is a gents profile...it is not for beating on. The tip is very fine...ideal
for packages and envelopes. The blade is long enough to slice an onion or tomato for camp use.
It is epic for a light, long bladed knife for light to medium duty use. Ideal gents carry in a suit with thin
pockets a heavier knife would damage. It is beautiful in person too. I recommend it for a gents EDC.

I think it is unique currently in it's niche except for the Spyderco Ikuchi which also has a thin blade...although shorter.
The Ikuchi with the comp lock is much more fun to play with and costs less too. Of course it is S30V bladed.
The Kapara is very sweet too but not in the same weight class...and also S30V but is otherwise spectacular in F&F.

If blade length and minimal weight matter, the 0707 wins. Thin and light, remarkably so. At the cost of being fidget friendly.

I think it looks great. Eager to know what other specials will come. Will get rid of one of my XM-18’s and buy tue ZT0572blgry.

I think this would be much more compelling in full gray pvd coated ti instead of the blue black show side. Jmo.

As previously stated, I am a big fan of gray/black and what appears to be Navy blue.

I will agree with you on Full Ti frame with one stipulation, change the steel and add on some ZT factory Battle Bronze hardware to give it that color pop lost from the blue carbon fiber scale.

Considering they started the FSS with the 0562 and we have no idea how frequently they plan to release these things, your wish might be six weeks away or six months away.

All we can really do is keep checking the social feeds for announcements, that's how I found out about the 0562BLGRY.

Does anyone else see an underlying message in using "Blue & Gray" as the color scheme for this new ZT?

It's probably unintentional but certain political factions could find meaning in it nonetheless.

Echo the sentiments on a Skinny 0562 - huge fan of the Skinny Hinderers. Also echo the sentiments of a top-shelf, Ti-frame, KVT-based 0566. Pretty much my favorite ZT knife with so much potential. Just the perfect EDC size.

Give us some 0562 Skinnys ZT and re-release a "real" 0566!

JsbYWhe.jpg

Back