Zombie fans--12" custom zombie figure

I usually don't mix my forums, but I'm also a toy collector and customizer, and I frequent a lot of toy boards as well. I just snapped this pic of a zombie custom I did for a custom thread on another board. He started life as a G.I. Joe, and ended it as you see here. I used super sculpy to sculpt the face and lower jaw.

zombie2gb.jpg

Hmmm.... What's the best khukuri for a 12" zombie. Do you scale down and go at him with a karda or do you say heck with it and use your 22" village chitlangi....

I vote for the chitlangi. :D

Looks great, Josh:)

The most unsettling zombies to me are the ones that have that faux grin of pulp and shreaded face. Very human, but very not. Peeled back to show us parts that we are never meant to see.
Excellent job:thumbup:

Jake

Email sent on GI Zombie...

Ha! Beat the rest of you sharks to it!

Haaa! Another toy enthusiast! Who woulda thought!

Great job Josh. I really like the Pallisades resident evil zombie figures. It's a shame that they discontinued them.

Still no "Done deal" email....

Did oneya bums beat me to it?

;)

You know, Josh, you could develope a lucrative side business selling Zombie dolls here....

munk

If he had that "Ghurka Joe" from a couple weeks ago, a fine fight could ensue...

Ahem. I have an original 1960's GI Joe space capsule, with a 1964 joe still in it.

With Zombie Joe at the controls of it, a bad sci-fi movie is in the making...

Josh, we missed ya. Thanks.

Ad Astra

If people who didn't know us read all these threads I think they would do well to be nervous:D Guns, sharp pokie things, rabid squirrels going for the nuts, big boys who play with dolls (and deface them~literally). And then there was the dog and hot dog bit with you know who. Huh. Whodathunkit. You guys are great!

stilgar said:
Haaa! Another toy enthusiast! Who woulda thought!

Great job Josh. I really like the Pallisades resident evil zombie figures. It's a shame that they discontinued them.

Stilgar, I didn't know you were into toys. What all do you collect? Pallisades is belly up unfortunately. The news just hit the toy boards today.

That's sick, Josh.

Good job. :)

John, I'll echo that it's grand to have you back.

WooHoo! I beat Norm (and Dave and Bruise and...) to a sweet deal!

Josh,
I started with McFarlane,but largely lost my enthusiasm when all their products started to look alike. I still pick up one from their Movie Maniacs line once in awhile:their Robocop was great!

My current favorites are Japanese imports,mostly science fiction and anime.
Macross,Evangelion,kaiju...you name it! I dabble in 1/6 scale a little bit,if it falls within a genre that appeals to me. I've come to be a little more selective because frankly,I'm running out of room!

What's your area of interest?

Hmmmm,, is that zombie joe ? or G:I: zombie ? No matter what , overkill is best ! Prsonally I think you should use a 15 inch B:A:S: as a baton and pound it into the ground . Hey wait a minute . Its ballpeen hammer time ! Do they have ballpeen sledgehammers ?

stilgar said:
Josh,
I started with McFarlane,but largely lost my enthusiasm when all their products started to look alike. I still pick up one from their Movie Maniacs line once in awhile:their Robocop was great!

My current favorites are Japanese imports,mostly science fiction and anime.
Macross,Evangelion,kaiju...you name it! I dabble in 1/6 scale a little bit,if it falls within a genre that appeals to me. I've come to be a little more selective because frankly,I'm running out of room!

What's your area of interest?

Lol, I like McFarlane (Robo rocks) but, their stuff is hit or miss with me. I like articulation, and they make statues. I talked to Todd a few times on his radio show, and he is pretty much set on the sculpt looking as good as possible, but, I mean, import stuff, Kaiyodo Evas for example, have both. It can be done. I collect a little of everything--Marvel Legends, The Mezco Hellboy stuff was great, both the movie and comic lines, some McFarlane, some NECA, an occasional DC direct figure. Pretty much whatever strikes my fancy. You frequent any of the toy boards?

Back