ZT 0230!

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by RobertK, Nov 3, 2019.

1. RobertK

RobertK post tenebras lux Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2010
    I went to blade show west Friday/Saturday. Is want by the ZT/Kershaw booth and checked out all the knives. I saw one I didn’t recognize and asked to see it. It was the ZT 0230. Anso design I think based on the Monte Carlo? I was helpless to resist. This knife is amazing!

check it out. Also be gentle. I rested my phone on a log and weighted it off the side. I’ve never done a video review.

2. tony281sc2

tony281sc2

Feb 13, 2017
    Cool knife, and props to ZT for doing something different for a change, but MAN that is one ugly, impractical blade shape. If that had something like a 0450 blade I’d love it

jeepin likes this.
  3. RobertK

Dec 1, 2010
    crazy how tastes vary. I adore the blade shape haha.

4. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    The sheepsfoot blade is pretty popular on traditional knives...why would it be "impractical" on a modern slipjoint?

Lee D and Insipid Moniker like this.
  5. Insipid Moniker

Insipid Moniker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Wut? Ugly is in the eye of the beholder, but it's a simple sheepsfoot blade, doesn't get much more practical or utilitarian than that.

And I'm sort of amazed, ZT has finally made a knife that I genuinely want. Kudos to them!

6. Gideons

Gideons Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 9, 2015
    It sure is! As I find the knife ugly and have absolutely zero interest in purchasing.

tony281sc2 likes this.
  7. gastonian

gastonian Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2012
    I just wish it had a deep-carry clip.

8. Biochemdawg

Biochemdawg Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 11, 2018
    My only complaint is the carbon fiber. Really dig everything else.

9. tony281sc2

tony281sc2

Feb 13, 2017
    Impractical for me at least. My daily knife use requires something with a tip. Looks good for slicing up some ham tho....I know everyone has different tastes, just not my style...still glad they’re doing something different, I am a big fan of ZT knives

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  10. evilgreg

evilgreg Why so serious? Gold Member

Dec 25, 2012
    I would happily buy a ZT slip joint, but IMO the 0230 suffers the same insta-nope fate that most Anso designs do for me by way of the inclusion of that fugly Anso hoop in the design. It may be some weird personal thing, but I hate that on every knife I see with it.

11. Lee D

Lee D

May 27, 2013
    I dig it, but Im going to have see how it holds up to a spine whack test

clearytja, Chefget, colin.p and 4 others like this.
  12. yamsi12

yamsi12 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I agree. Wish they ditched that and included a deep carry clip. For people who wouldn’t want a clip they could just remove it.

13. flash900

flash900 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Thanks for the review and the vid.

14. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    But then there would be fugly holes all over a slip joint (because if they're going to add a clip, it has to be 4 position adjustable so nobody whines that it doesn't work for the way they want to carry - R,L,U,D)

15. unwisefool

unwisefool Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2007
    See this is how you do a video review. No stupid music, weird logos and annoying voices. It wasn't 15 minutes of some dude filling time by blabbing endlessly about useless facts or the merits of the box coloring or what he had for dinner. Under a minute and a half even! Bravo good sir, bravo.

Tutone, jkwithawave, Ruudr and 3 others like this.
  16. RobertK

Dec 1, 2010
    you’re very kind. I mean I love knife reviews. I wasn’t trying to replicate the guys I really like hehe.

seemed I got lucky and got this knife before it was available broadly, and my initial impressions are *hyperventilate awesome* and I wanted to share.

unwisefool likes this.
  17. Rykjeklut

Rykjeklut Basic Member Basic Member

May 23, 2018
    It's gonna cost me about $220, and I probably wouldn't carry it ever, but dammit I want one.

TheFactor likes this.
  18. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    I actually dig this one. I would like a pocket clip on it for my personal needs, but I would rather buy this than any of the knives they have released in the last couple of years.

Insipid Moniker and Lee D like this.
  19. jfk1110

jfk1110 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Now.that's how a video review is supposed to be! Thank you sir.for your efforts. They are much appreciated. Knife.is not.for me but impeccable presentation!
    James

RobertK likes this.
  20. Cscotttsss

Cscotttsss Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 3, 2015
    It's unfortunate there isn't a pocket clip. For that reason I'm passing.