ZT 0230!

I can’t imagine m’y Life witouht this blade. I just have 17 ZT, si antihéros one is a minimum even if I drill not hunderstood why their is no clip on it

I can’t imagine m’y Life witouht this blade. I just have 17 ZT, si antihéros one is a minimum even if I drill not hunderstood why their is no clip on it

Traditional knives shouldn't have clips, modern traditional knives don't need them as well, that is what the 5th pocket is for, otherwise as shown by Jordan, put in a slip.

Honestly don't get all the clip comments. It's ZTs first foray into the slippie world, and I think they did a really good job.

Better steel than a base Proper, too. I hope they sell a ton of these. As far as the blade shape, I love the straight sheepsfoot style. I hope to nab one of these soon.

The new designs are not really proudly overbuilt and are noticeably tinier. Benchmade went into the slippies recently too.
Trying to attract the same crowd I guess!
Sure, but a company has to follow the trends of the market.

The community seems to be moving away from the tanks that ZT made their name on, so they have to follow.

Thankfully their QC seems better than Benchmade :D:D

Sure, but a company has to follow the trends of the market.

The community seems to be moving away from the tanks that ZT made their name on, so they have to follow.

Thankfully their QC seems better than Benchmade :D:D

I'd say some community members, or the freshest members.
I'm still an irreducible tank lover:) Adamas and ZT 0301 are some of my all time fave.

Tanks are great... Love my 801ti, 562cf, 456cf, 0095... But I bought 2 0470s because imo the 470 is that good. Lots of blade in a small package. I don't see why people are getting up in arms about zt expanding their catalog, except for the 223.

I probably won't buy the 230, but it is definitely interesting and I would like to check it out. I'm just not it's target consumer.

I like the lack of the clip (and holes) since being such a compact knife I might carry in places where I shouldn't. It's about as threatening as a Swiss Army Knife.

I'm a ZT fan. Overall I like it. Like the blade shape. Love the steel choice. Not a fan of the carbon fiber as I feel it's over done these days and it's beginning to be like black G10, on every knife you see. Secondly, $200+ for a slip joint is pushing it in my opinion.
Lastly is the overbuilt thickness of the blade. The apple test is my gauge on a slippie so this is a no go for me.

The reason I was wondering about a pocket clip on the 230 is that my Boker Tech Tool has spoiled me a bit. The Tech Tool offers good edc steel with a minimal tool set and offers a pocket clip. Kinda like folks who wish SAKs had a pocket clip option. It's just a convenient way for me to carry a knife. I'm not too concerned about the traditionalness of it tbh. Good steel, nice walk and talk, modern design on a classic edc. If ZT is moving away from monster tactical folders, then I am more interested in these than yet another piece of high end pocket jewelry. I think I could easily get by with a 303 monday thru friday on the job site and the 230 on the weekends. I would just prefer a pocket clip as I find it more secure than fifth pocket carry or needing to craft a pocket sheath when a simple clip would do the same thing.

Not a deal breaker for me though. My local ZT store doesn't have them in yet.

I'm a ZT fan. Overall I like it. Like the blade shape. Love the steel choice. Not a fan of the carbon fiber as I feel it's over done these days and it's beginning to be like black G10, on every knife you see. Secondly, $200+ for a slip joint is pushing it in my opinion.
Lastly is the overbuilt thickness of the blade. The apple test is my gauge on a slippie so this is a no go for me.

I believe price everywhere is 180. You’re right, it’s not a good Apple sliced. Still loving it but it is thick in the blade.

I've carried mine for a little while now, really enjoying it. The blade shape is perfect for my daily tasks and the ergos overall have been excellent, plenty of room for my L/XL glove size hands while still being featherlight. And, a nice little bonus feature I found is that its pretty easy to open with one hand if you are open to a two step process. Finally, I like to engrave something on my user knives, this one seemed perfect for the American Flag, I think it looks great on there. I highly recommend this model, its my favorite ZT in quite some time.

58XbfHK.jpg

Back