ZT 0562CF or ZT0801Ti

It will not be as easy to do with the 0801.
Not true. They do have aftermarket scales, screws and pivots for the 801 just like the 0562 has. Mxg gear for example has an assortment of colored pivots and screws in ti. My aftermarket custom scale is marbled carbonfiber and they have more options in different designs and materials. Both easy to swap in.

I'd go 0562 all day long...the new BLK sprint run is out now, but will likely sell out fast...Loving mine:)

24253921_1924617674245522_6257186894031880192_n.jpg

I added a custom scale of course;-)

Not true. They do have aftermarket scales, screws and pivots for the 801 just like the 0562 has. Mxg gear for example has an assortment of colored pivots and screws in ti. My aftermarket custom scale is marbled carbonfiber and they have more options in different designs and materials. Both easy to swap in.

^THIS

I have a ZT 0801 with aftermarket ti hardware installed (clip, screws, and standoffs). They make the knfie look much better.

Well, you do not have the option of changing the g10/cf scale as with ZT 0562/0562cf.

I think the OP should just get a 0630 and get some custom scales like I have on mine :D
Or get the sprint run in orange and black Both are getting harder to find but you can catch some good deals and man do they feel good In hand and are slicing machines lol !
GXBGkQD.jpg

I've had the 0562 and it is a fine knife. I love the look of it and the bladeshape but I don't think the CF scale is for me. If the blacked out sprint run wasn't the same price for G10 I probably would've bought one.

What are the other two? Why the 0801?

I almost bought TheFactor TheFactor but he keeps deciding not to sell it. :D
First off, ZT makes fine knives and you really can't go wrong with most of them.

My keepers are the 0220, 0452 and 0801. For all, I like their size and their different styles. My most recent ZT try-out was the 0055 which was in some ways really cool and some ways brutally bad. Rather than sell it off I sent it to REK for some mods. Time will tell whether I have made a good decision or wasted a lot of money. :p

I have had them all I think and got rid of all for some reason. The 562 I got rid of because the flipper/detent ball geometry is just not done right. On a flipper when releasing the lock and the flipper tab hits my thumb, the detent ball better be cleared at that point so I can just move my thumb and let it fall. This knife’s detent was never cleared unless I moved my thumb way back where it was not designed to be, or did a double release kind of deal. Hated that. A misstep imo. But hands down it is the best looking of their whole line up for me. But since I fidget with my knives that flipper design killed it for me.

As for, the 801, the edge of the lock bar just wore me out after repeated releases. Too thin thus causing it to dig into my bony fingers. Preference thing I just couldn’t get past. Another one I let go because of the lock bar.

Now, the 220 was perfection. Flipped like a dream and perfectly designedsuper on flipper and lockbar. While a little boring in its looks I could have lived with that. It just had one negative that made me let it go; too heavy. If they milled out those scales and dropped it an ounce then that would hands down be my favorite ZT. The weight was my issue with the 456as well.

I could go on, but of the 15 I have had I only have one right now - a 452.

What are the other two? Why the 0801?

I almost bought TheFactor TheFactor but he keeps deciding not to sell it. :D
LoL and I almost sold it to you :p

Seriously it’s a hard one to let go it just hasn’t been in the rotation lately and saw it sitting my safe .
Decided to let it go and then ... realized how much I like it topped with being such a great example pretty much perfect in all fit and finish areas including the grind .
But ZT as we all know pretty much puts a lot out like that :thumbsup:

I guess I’m in the minority. I like the 0801 better. It fits my hand perfectly...like my hand was studued for the design or something. I also prefer the flipping action of the 0801, and the “thwack” that resonates when the blade hits the stop pin. That said, the 0562 is also a great knife you’ll be happy with.

I always felt like the 801 was at one point one of the nicest ZTs. At one point it may have had the best action of any ZTs. Also on the ZTs with a sythetic scale there is usually a metal liner under the scale. That liner is stainless steel! I akways felt kind of ripped off by that. 801 is full Ti both sides.

I have both and the 0801 is my favourite
However they both have advantages and drawbacks

I think the 0562 carries better and with the cf version you get a better steel
But I am no fan of the hinderer’s handles
0562 and 0550 are excellent knives but I am looking to sold both since the angle of grip is not for me
And the grind in the 0562 makes it a poor slicer actually

The 0801 feels better in hand for me and is a much better slicer
But it doesn’t look as good as the 0562 and it is heavier
Also the new Ti models have s35vn which is not my favourite steel
The previous Elmax models were very good

If you think ZT you can have a look at the 0350 and 0630

I have had them all I think and got rid of all for some reason. The 562 I got rid of because the flipper/detent ball geometry is just not done right. On a flipper when releasing the lock and the flipper tab hits my thumb, the detent ball better be cleared at that point so I can just move my thumb and let it fall. This knife’s detent was never cleared unless I moved my thumb way back where it was not designed to be, or did a double release kind of deal. Hated that. A misstep imo. But hands down it is the best looking of their whole line up for me. But since I fidget with my knives that flipper design killed it for me.

As for, the 801, the edge of the lock bar just wore me out after repeated releases. Too thin thus causing it to dig into my bony fingers. Preference thing I just couldn’t get past. Another one I let go because of the lock bar.

Now, the 220 was perfection. Flipped like a dream and perfectly designedsuper on flipper and lockbar. While a little boring in its looks I could have lived with that. It just had one negative that made me let it go; too heavy. If they milled out those scales and dropped it an ounce then that would hands down be my favorite ZT. The weight was my issue with the 456as well.

I could go on, but of the 15 I have had I only have one right now - a 452.

I had the same issue with the 562 flipper tab until today, I ground it down with one of my sharpening stones. I basically straightened out the "hook". It doesn't dig into my finger anymore, and hits the thumb much less when closing. I am still eyeballing the 0801ti though, it just looks dead sexy to me. I wish it was like 90% size though. I just need to find one to hold then I will be able to decide. I don't carry the 0562 often because I'm afraid to scare people in public.

I have both and I’d pick the 801 if I were going to keep only one.
I really enjoy both knives, just like the 801 more because the flipper on the 562cf kids hooks back towards the handle and is SLIGHTLY uncomfortable for me and my bear paws whereas the 801 is an almost flawless design.

You really can’t go wrong with either but there’s my .02

Thread resurrection from 2017.

I went 0562 first, and would again. Haven’t gotten around to picking up an 0801. I think it’s the pocket clip that makes me keep putting other choices ahead of it.

I know this is an oldie of a thread, but a few months ago I was faced with the same situation. I was at a Sportsman's Warehouse, trying out both the 0562cf and 0801ti. I ended up choosing an 0920.

Back