ZT 707 coming 6/16!

@JuJu-
I agree with the whole drop shut fanboy thing. I don’t mind one way or the other, as long as it’s smooth. In all honesty I actually like just a little bit of resistance so I can just tap it shut with my index finger. Not having to worry the blade will bite my thumb. Hasn’t happened but been close.

but I do love my Koenig Arius Gen 4 big time. And if it wasn’t drop shut I wouldn’t be sad, super knife.

after watching Slicey Dicey above I’m happy I picked up a ZT 707. It will be here Monday. It won’t replace my Shirogorov Neon Retro but it will be a nice carry. I’m going through a phase where I want the weight down, nothing over 5oz.

I didn’t like the cutaway on the 308 but I think it looks just fine on the 707, I like the look of the 707 myself.
Each his own I guess.

as far as price, yes it is more than the Bareknuckle, but the ZT line is better made. The Bareknuckle m390 sprint is nice but I personally can’t stand acid washed blades, actually detest acid washed blades. To me it’s a lazy way to finish a blade, especially some really nice m390. they might as well just bead blasted the damn sprint Bareknuckle, ok, rant over, lol.

I got my 0707 today. It flew right open but the drag of 2 detents with no break in
was obvious. It gets smoother with every flip. I love the way it looks and it weighs less
than my 0450CF...with a longer far slicier blade. Appearance wise it looks like Sinkevich
designed the blade...I find it very attractive and a real looker.
It weighs 2.386 oz on my scale.
450cf 2.435 oz
Ikuchi 2.31 oz
0460ti 2.909 oz
ZT 0470 3.170 oz
The blade is longer than all of the above knives and seem robust enough except for the
last 1/4 to 1/8...the tip looks fragile.
I bought it specifically for use with light clothing for gentleman EDC with a nod towards
making myself feel not totally unarmed as well. Mission accomplished. For weekend use the
0452 and 0462 are a far better choice for heavier duty use. But if you want a fine dress
knife with a very slicey blade that is light...your search is over. In this role it is peerless
IMHO.
I must also say it came razor sharp...nice. As far as feel in hand...it is excellent. Aside from
the tip, it feels light yet very stiff and strong...like a much thinner and lighter 0452.
Like most of you I have lots of knives but I am on the eternal quest for a decent sized airweight
knife...and this knife rocks that role well. I am very glad I bought it!

Highly recommended...provided you understand it is not a beater...but no mere looker either.

@JuJu-
I agree with the whole drop shut fanboy thing. I don’t mind one way or the other, as long as it’s smooth. In all honesty I actually like just a little bit of resistance so I can just tap it shut with my index finger. Not having to worry the blade will bite my thumb. Hasn’t happened but been close.

but I do love my Koenig Arius Gen 4 big time. And if it wasn’t drop shut I wouldn’t be sad, super knife.

My 0462 is dangerous once it is unlocked. It falls shut FAST with no shaking...best be
out of the way! And she has bitten me. The combination of a long heavy blade, friction less action,
and razor sharpness=blood sacrifice accepted!

Just picked up a CF/M390 Bareknuckle on the exchange so it looks like there won't be one of these in my future.

I finally picked up a couple of the new ZT0707's. They are slick but very very light and thin. The 707 is much thinner smaller and lighter than the 452. It is longer than the 606 but still lighter and thinner by a lot. It has very very nice fit and finish and the details are very cool. The ZT0707 is made extremely well and if you want a light, slim, sharp design in a knife this might be good for you. It locks up tight and there is no blade play in any axis or rotationally. Also, I have very large hands and it is not a problem to operate this flipper.

i-hWcCZN8-X2.jpg

i-4g9PTtM-X2.jpg

i-Nz6PBjF-X2.jpg

i-j5Wgqrb-X2.jpg

i-ZDWn3vR-X2.jpg

i-7zf2fz7-X2.jpg

20cv and m390 are the same, made by 2 different foundries. Neither the Bareknuckle or 707 would be good for SD, they're not designed for it. Having a point or not doesn't matter, as it seems the wharncliff blade is pretty popular in a SD knife (see yojimbo and canis).

The 707 is, to me, a failure. The Bareknuckle has a better design and is cheaper, and can be had with the same steel from the mountain store. No way I'd pay $248 when I got the superior model for $150...
I’ll find out in a few days when I get my 0707, really excited about this knife. I own 2 0770s and would never use them in a SD situation. The 0707 looks like a collaboration between a 0770, a launch 8, and a bigger, upgraded Kershaw Method (which I love)

I’ll find out in a few days when I get my 0707, really excited about this knife. I own 2 0770s and would never use them in a SD situation. The 0707 looks like a collaboration between a 0770, a launch 8, and a bigger, upgraded Kershaw Method (which I love)

I should have said, the 707 is a failure for me and my preferences! I reread what I wrote and it sounded a bit too harsh. I was personally wanting a remake of the old 0777, or something close to it. Think Kershaw Natrix XL with better blade steel, more robust build, and I'd be fine with full G10 handles.

The 707 is a good design, and obviously lots of people like it! I want to check one out, but still think the Bareknuckle is superior for me.

Steel mills make steel not foundries I worked in two mills and there is a difference. I did not know that 20CV was like M390, I know that CTS-204p is very similar in composition to M390 also. They are also all powder metallurgy process but since they are made in different mills I would expect them to have some slight differences. There are also difference in the same steel from one run to another.

The 707 is also probably not a keeper for me as it is very thin and light, but it was worth a look. It is very nicely made. My go to knife has been a Hinderer XM-24 for a long time and will probably stay that way for a while.

Steel mills make steel not foundries I worked in two mills and there is a difference. I did not know that 20CV was like M390, I know that CTS-204p is very similar in composition to M390 also. They are also all powder metallurgy process but since they are made in different mills I would expect them to have some slight differences. There are also difference in the same steel from one run to another.

The 707 is also probably not a keeper for me as it is very thin and light, but it was worth a look. It is very nicely made. My go to knife has been a Hinderer XM-24 for a long time and will probably stay that way for a while.
The bigger hinderers are the best. I recently bought an Eklipse tanto and it’s probly my favorite knife ever.....then I bought an xm 3.0 tanto and wondered why I didn’t just buy another Kershaw Shield....it would be awesome if their was any dealers around where I live so I could handle the knife before buying, that would make a huge difference in what I purchase.

I went to church this morning and was thinking that perhaps the ZT0707 is something that would work better with a suit (not that I ever wear a suit in Hawaii) than some others. Since it is very light, thin and low profile in the pocket it may have some useful places. It is still a capable knife while maintaining the lower visibility.

WEll I just must chime in here. I love my 0707 EXCEPT crud from nowhere accumulates in the pivot and it won't lock open. I have to flush it out and blow it with compressed air. This has happened three times. Oiling it only makes it worse.

Back