ZT0560/1 vs 0550

Okay well I'm not trying to resurrect a dead thread but I did promise to report back once I got my 0561 in my hands and it finally happened!

So, the knife is perfect. Incredible fit and finish, smooth opening out of the gate(!), rock-solid lock-up, terrific attention to detail but...

...it is just so damn big. It seems more like a weapon than a tool at this size!

I'm going to give it a while but I think I might be coming down on the side of Chester22 in prefering the 0550 range. The blade to handle ratio just seems a little off (to me and possibly only to me). Comparing the feel, I actually prefer the slightly chunkier feel of the 0550 in hand although the 0561 does seem to melt into my pocket better. I suspect this is a combination of the 3D scales and the deep-carry pocket clip.

Whatever I decide, I'm glad to have got my hands on this knife and it is a terrific piece of work. Just not fully convinced that it is for me (yet)...

Ben

I know how you feel. I too am a proud of owner of both the 0550 & 0561 but never edc the 0561 because it is just so damn big. I'm actually thinking about picking up a 0551.

Back