• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

ZT0777 retired. Here comes the ZT0777M390!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The award-winning Zero Tolerance 0777 has been officially retired. While we did get a short production run of 0777s into the marketplace, we did not meet our target goal and the number of knives we had hoped to produce.

While we understand there will be disappointment, unfortunately there were some issues with the 0777 blade material that kept us from manufacturing to our intentions. Manufacturing and technology can be a difficult challenge, and the 0777 was our most demanding knife we've ever produced.

As an alternative, we will be offering the 0777M390...
MORE details: http://zt.kaiusaltd.com/blog/zt-0777-officially-retired

zt0777_m390_blog__441px_zps4517af05.jpg

I dunno about you guys, but I had given up hope on ever getting my hands on a 0777 at a non-collector's price, but hope springs eternal!

[EDIT: quoting Kai Corp.'s post from later in this thread]

Here you go.

Last edited:
I do like the extra info though, I hope they release the total 0777 production number at some point now that it's officially discontinued.

I do like the extra info though

As with every Zero Tolerance knife, each piece will be individually serial numbered. MSRP on the 0777M390 will $450, and it will begin shipping in August, 2013. Our target production number will be approximately1300 pieces. We should be finished manufacturing those by September, 2013.

Indeed. Like the 1,300 production run on the 0777M390.

I hope they release the total 0777 production number at some point now that it's officially discontinued.

That would be nice.

Limited Edition run of 1,300 all to be shipped in August-September, 2013.

There will be as many as they make and they will ship them when they ship them. Have we not learned from all this before? Lets not go there please. :)

There will be as many as they make and they will ship them when they ship them. Have we not learned from all this before? Lets not go there please. :)

Direct quote from the ZT 0777 OFFICIALLY RETIRED blog:

MSRP on the 0777M390 will $450, and it will begin shipping in August, 2013. Our target production number will be approximately1300 pieces. We should be finished manufacturing those by September, 2013.

I'm looking forward to getting the 0777M390. I was reading through the page on ZT's website & saw this before the last picture on that link: "Here is the new "0770M390" with its premium M390 steel."
I think it was a typo, but didn't know how to tell ZT about it so they can fix it. Didn't want me telling them about a typo to be the first comment on that announcement.

If the production run is 1300 for this version alone, then it surpasses the order fulfillment of the original version 777 which was 1000. Great news for everyone who is interested in this knife.

I imagine the prices on the composite blade 0777s will skyrocket once these are released. Gotta get mine asap..

You guys know what I'm getting at.;)

Respectfully, if ZT puts out "Inside Information" for the public on their website then we're doing all a courtesy by disseminating that information widely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back