Double Guard Folding Dagger!

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Last edited:
Ok I will take the one with an od green scale....... (input commercial with "aged" women) thats not how it works........ thats not how any of it works"

Rob.......Noooooooooooooooooooo.............

I JUST got to the point where I was TOTALLY satisfied and COMPLETELY happy with my lot in life..........now this............(sigh...!!!)

I should just sign over my bank account to RHK and maybe you guys could send me a couple knives a year.........:D

The scale cutouts look like a more symmetrical scale, reminds me of the old Applegate-Fairbairn folder; would befit a symmetrical blade like a dagger or a spearpoint. Intriguing...

Is that some micarta I see? Very cool and exciting! Thanks for sharing Rob :thumbup:

Hinderer knives in a nutshell (sorry Rubi)... To paraphrase a pop music boy-band type... they're so Sexy Beautiful and everybody just got a taste...that's why those of us unable to attend the show get a little jealous...:D

:cool:

Is that canvas micarta???

And I'm sure they flip or open in other ways if one's motivated to do so...I'd love to say "I'll let you know" but special show items aren't likely to reach my paws.

I do spy a production Bowie in the background though.:thumbup:

Interesting, looks like clip is now single-screw, and the knife is tip-up carry only, and flipper-opening only. The clip is likely reversible, but no pictures actually show that. Only two standoffs, and likely using the Eklipse-style hardware with screws from either side engaging a center threaded standoff. But the screws on the tail end sit on the surface, while on the side standoff they're mostly flush. The tail-end screws might have been left "out" like this to make it easier to grab the end of the handle to pull it out of a pocket.

Also an interesting mechanism going on: looks like the "stop pin" is fixed to the blade and runs in a channel in the dual liners. With no corresponding cutouts in the scales for the end of the "stop pin", that means that tightening/loosening the pivot screw could have a small effect on how much of the "stop pin" engages the liner cutouts - interesting choice on tolerances. Also, the pivot is not completely centered on the handle; this will leave a good quantity of the blade spine outside the handle when closed - no room for crazy double edged custom grinds (not that I'd want one). RHK really got me hooked on their framelocks - not sure how I feel about a linerlock now. Interesting that in the pic of the stacks of liners, each one has a tiny sharp point on the tail end. I'm guessing it's a manufacturing artifact rather than some sort of miniature pommel, as its ground away in the finished liner shown.

And now that we know what we're looking at, the grinding pic should have been a total giveaway - you can quite clearly see a straight-spine blade with a substantial top guard.

Several new colors of G10 that we haven't seen from RHK before, including yellow/black and gray/black. (Be nice to see some XM scales in those.) and, as prelude and N2K mentioned, looks like both black canvas micarta and tan canvas micarta scales are in evidence (along with a yellow/black G10 scale with a CF inlay?). And they're using their faux-bolster scale grinding trick that showed up on some recent custom XM's - very pretty, and clearly the CNC is getting more sophisticated.

Two different blade grinds on view: one with a full thickness spine carried out nearly to the tip, the other with a symmetric false edge / swedge running most of the length of the spine. I'm not sure I'd quite call either a dagger grind, since the grind line where the primary grind and the swedge meet doesn't carry all the way out to the very tip. Also, the blade with the false edge has some hollow grind to flat grind action going on near the tip.

Edit: Falcon's right! New pics including a true symmetrical dagger/spearpoint grind!

Last edited:
Yeah......but how's the detent.....(just kidding....)

Carl.....that was a pretty awesome write up......you caught a few details that I missed.......definitely enjoyed reading it.......

And as much as I like the new Hinderer......I'm with you.......I LOVE the ti framelocks......

But......that likely won't stop me from dreaming about this one........did you see the pic of the full dagger grind........SWEEEET...

I have to give RHK credit.......it's an awesome new Hinderer......looks amazing...... and completely new.......they have been KILLING it the last 12 months with the Eklipse, 3" Wharnie, Production Skinner & Bowie and more.......so many new incredible blades.......as always.......so impressed with the Ranch...!!!

Last edited:
It never ceases to amaze me How year after year.... Rick continues to create New and Amazing Offerings.

Truly a Gifted Creative Designer and Artist of "Man's Oldest Tool".

Back