Anyone else getting sluggish load times after the update?

Yeah, bad news, Kev. Zero improvement from what I'm seeing.

ETA: Ye gods. Actually, it's worse than it was before.

Little slow ATM for me, but not hugely so. One thing I noticed is that the "number viewing" and list of people in a subforum has been disabled. Not sure if it was accidental and they're useless features anyway, but thought I'd make a note.

I took down the "Now viewing" to boost performance.

CPU and RAM now doubled. Servers might lag for a bit since they were restarted and need to index, but should improve

I'm on hotel internet, so, its not like I can tell much, but it seems to be about the norm for me. At a hotel.

Moose

Lost the server for a while, but situation now improving, a little.

And Knife Expo is here tomorrow, so things are looking up on all fronts. :)

I took down the "Now viewing" to boost performance.

CPU and RAM now doubled. Servers might lag for a bit since they were restarted and need to index, but should improve

Yes. They were slow at first and are now quite fast.

Guys, I think what happened last night was some changes to the mysql database triggered by the update. These resulted in a lot of rewriting in the background which chewed up a huge amount of resources due to the size of the bladeforums database. I'm watching the system load now, and it's normal, page load times are normal, everything appears OK, and I'll keep an eye on it throughout the day.

sincerely,
Andrew
random guy up in your server, watching you database.
(I help Kevin out from time to time keeping things running)

SQL is squirrelly shit. You could blame just about anything on it and I'd say "yep, I believe that."

Slow go here, but it might be because of the idiot who smacked the pole while texting and driving.

Yeah, agreed. It's still pretty painful. Not as bad as it was, oh, three years or so ago. But bad.

Yeah, it's about like it was 24 hours ago. 6-8 seconds or more to load a page that usually takes about 1 second (or less)

ditto- mine is slow on 3 different machines on 2 different networks and my android phone is toast on the site now. update needs updating.

Back