Anyone else getting sluggish load times after the update?

It seems much slower to me, too. I thought it was my ISP, since my download speeds dropped considerably, lately. The Tech came today and made some adjustments and I'm now at 2.5 Mbps, which is almost 2x as before. BF still loads more slowly than before the upgrade, even with my faster connection.

Thanks for the update. Good luck!

Ok during the downtime tonight we believe we've tracked down the problem.

BladeForums runs off dedicated web & database servers, well actually dedicated vms... regardless. We're maxing out the throughput between the two and as a result that's causing http requests to bog down. Argh.

We're working on a game plan to mitigate this now.

Update: reconfiguring firewall. Will update as I know more.

I don't know some times this site seems to work like it should and other times like last night and today it just runs S U P E R S L O W. Did a full scan on my computer and nothing shows up. I visit other sites and they seem to be pretty darn quick. thanks and keepem sharp

It works alright in the morning and early afternoon for me, the sluggishness starts right around 4pm Mountain/Pacific time. Last night was super slow, the day before it was not as bad, but slower than normal.

Ditto. It's pretty easy to tell when all the East Cpoasters get home from work and finish dinner.

Crawling this evening. One other thing to note, I've seen many threads where this has happened lately is that the amount of double posts has increased. I know Esav has had that a couple times as have I and a few other members in various forums.

Crawling this evening. One other thing to note, I've seen many threads where this has happened lately is that the amount of double posts has increased. I know Esav has had that a couple times as have I and a few other members in various forums.

More than once lately, when I've composed a reply in the standard editor window and clicked on the 'Post Quick Reply' button, I've been re-directed to the 'Advanced' editor window (with the text of my reply still intact), seemingly as if I'd clicked on the 'Go Advanced' button. And with the same click, my reply got posted to the thread anyway (verified this by opening another tab in my browser and seeing my new post in the thread). I could see how this could result in a lot of double posts, if one assumes they just clicked the wrong key and hit 'Post' again. The first time I saw this, I assumed I'd just drifted a little too far with the mouse, and clicked the wrong button. But after the 2nd or 3rd time, I'm reasonably sure it's not me.

Edit: BTW, in terms of the site's speed, also seems pretty zippy here this morning.

Last edited:
Well, whatever you just did seems to have done the trick!:thumbup::thumbup:

More than once lately, when I've composed a reply in the standard editor window and clicked on the 'Post Quick Reply' button, I've been re-directed to the 'Advanced' editor window (with the text of my reply still intact), seemingly as if I'd clicked on the 'Go Advanced' button. And with the same click, my reply got posted to the thread anyway (verified this by opening another tab in my browser and seeing my new post in the thread). I could see how this could result in a lot of double posts, if one assumes they just clicked the wrong key and hit 'Post' again. The first time I saw this, I assumed I'd just drifted a little too far with the mouse, and clicked the wrong button. But after the 2nd or 3rd time, I'm reasonably sure it's not me.

I've been seeing a similar glitch frequently. I hit reload and it clears it up.

Back