Anyone else getting sluggish load times after the update?

Seems to slow down quite a bit in the evening...I assume more traffic.

I'm noticing this too. Seems everything has really slowed this evening.

And coincidentally, when I hit the 'Reply With Quote' button to make this reply, I waited (waited, waited) for the forum software to put me in the editor window. Didn't happen at all, after waiting in excess of 30-45 seconds; I closed the browser tab and re-opened it to this page (two attempts; after a 'server not found' error) and hit 'Reply With Quote' again. Finally got the editor window.

The load times are still long.

When I try to access my profile page it times out.

Huge difference for me this morning. Very snappy now.

Since every one started saying loads times were increasing, mine have gotta much faster. Mine were painfully slow until the past few days. Kinda strange.

Agree with the bit about the time of day making a difference. Mornings, it's quite snappy (though still slower than it used to be). Evenings are a bear, though.

It's about the same here in CT.

One thing has changed for the better: The photos aren't resized down to 800 anymore. They fit just to the browser width, if larger. For that I thank you!

Coop

I noticed that too. Definitely a big improvement. There's a silver lining to every cloud.

I can't even use this site with IE. I have to use Firefox and even then it doesn't remember me. This upgrade has dropped my forum attendance to near zero.

Now, now. You found your way to this thread, so you know Spark is aware of the issues and doing his best to get them resolved. Just be patient. I know it's not much fun right now, but I'm sure it will get better. Hang in there.

I can't even use this site with IE. I have to use Firefox and even then it doesn't remember me. This upgrade has dropped my forum attendance to near zero.

Well I must admit, I am now getting better performance. Glad to be back.

What version of Firefox? I'm using Win7 & Firefox 11.0. Don't have any issues with the site not remembering me (assuming this is what you referred to).

I came over here to see if anybody else has noticed the sluggish page loading and I guess I have an answer.
I don`t have any answers.

BTW: Since the upgrade, the favicon.ico image file has been replaced with the vBulletin stock icon. The site used to have the Bladeforums icon (16x16 pixels) in the browser window to the left of the URL.

All you need to do is replace the stock vB favicon.ico file with the BF file under the same filename.

Coop

Kinda hit and miss here.

I also can't access my profile page. When I click on my name, I get this: '); } else { document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write('

I can exit my browser, return to Bladeforums, then go to my profile, and sometimes it goes, sometimes it doesn't. Even when it does go there, I still get that same stuff at the top of the page.

BTW, I'm using Firefox. It doesn't do that in IE, but I don't care for IE too much.

Kinda hit and miss here.

I also can't access my profile page. When I click on my name, I get this: '); } else { document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write('

I can exit my browser, return to Bladeforums, then go to my profile, and sometimes it goes, sometimes it doesn't. Even when it does go there, I still get that same stuff at the top of the page.

BTW, I'm using Firefox. It doesn't do that in IE, but I don't care for IE too much.
Updated Firefox, problem solved.

Back