Anyone else getting sluggish load times after the update?

MUCH slower than prior to the update...in the gulf coast region, if that makes a difference.

Ok so what is going on here? The time it takes to load a page is passing the point of just being annoying. It makes visiting BF not very enjoyable. I have the fastest internet that Uverse offers and on any other site the page loads in the blink of an eye but BF takes 10+ seconds to load. What is the issue with the load times? Is this a temporary problem or is this what we can expect from now on?

ET

Yeah, I've got to admit that I've been spending less time here since the upgrade also. It's not much fun.

Ok during the downtime tonight we believe we've tracked down the problem.

BladeForums runs off dedicated web & database servers, well actually dedicated vms... regardless. We're maxing out the throughput between the two and as a result that's causing http requests to bog down. Argh.

We're working on a game plan to mitigate this now.

That's actually very encouraging news, Kev. Identifying the problem is 90% of solving it. Thanks.

That's good news. I thought I was going to be exempt. But tonight... the lag... oh, the lag.

That's good news. I thought I was going to be exempt. But tonight... the lag... oh, the lag.

Things were really zipping along earlier, all of a sudden around 4:00pm Pacific, I'm waiting like 2-3 minutes between the time I hit "Post Quick Reply" and seeing it on the screen and another minute or 2 for the entire forums page to load all the way. I'm dyin ova hee...

Yep. I'm seeing quite a slow-down too. Seems to be consistent with the time reference above (started around ~5:00-6:00 pm Mountain time).

Me too (Slooowwww...).

I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one, this afternoon. Occasionally not even able to connect to the site, with 'server not found' 'not able to connect' errors or such.

Back