Brass and Copper Standoffs

Just curious but were these only made for the xm 3.5? Ive got at 24 and ordered one set each of the Ti standoffs when they were in stock a few weeks ago. Which are totally wicked BTW. I really hope I didn't miss the chance to get copper and bronze.

As of right now brass and copper standoffs are only being made for the XM-18 3.5. Rob announced that the 3" XM-18 & XM-24 brass and copper would come later.

I can't agree more. I love the look of that textured CF. Don't shun me, but I might prefer it over the smooth CF....Will that comment get me banned? :D

I will say that whenever the time comes, I would grab either one gratefully. And who knows, after trying both I might prefer the smooth!

No judgement here buddy. I absolutely prefer the textured CF to the smooth CF both looks wise and grip wise. I've had both and ended up trading my smooth for another textured scale. Smooth is sweet too though don't get me wrong it's all personal preference.

^ both look amazing lsheldon. Especially the copper with the translucent and the sterile blade. Wow very clean.

Completely agree - the copper w/ the trans green & sterile blade is a super combo! Clean is the perfect word for it.

I can't agree more. I love the look of that textured CF. Don't shun me, but I might prefer it over the smooth CF....Will that comment get me banned? :D

I will say that whenever the time comes, I would grab either one gratefully. And who knows, after trying both I might prefer the smooth!

No issues here! I have both smooth & textured CF (and on the hunt for Frag CF) - love them both. The smooth has a elegant, classy, 007 feel/look to it. The textured is both supremely functionally grippy as well as really cool looking - especially if you get on that's got that neat shimmery look to it.

That's the really awesome thing (well one thing anyway) that I dig about these knives - you can make it your own and can't screw it up if you try!

Copper looks right on this one...

N2K, is that a bronze ano beadblast on the Ti? Looks GREAT with the orange scale. The copper is just the icing on the cake - nice combo!

Last edited:
As of right now brass and copper standoffs are only being made for the XM-18 3.5. Rob announced that the 3" XM-18 & XM-24 brass and copper would come later.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the 411:thumbup: Ill just have to keep looking. Cheers

Since I splurged on scale screws today for my 3" xm-18, I figured would pick up some copper standoffs if they were available while the wallet is out. Then I realized the copper and brass standoffs are only available for the 3.5" XM-18's and they were available. Soooooooooo....an email popped up that some 3.5 XM-18's were available for an alright deal and I jumped on it. Rite after this transaction I went on the Hinderer website and bought the 3.5" copper standoffs. Then I bounced to another dealer site and bought a smooth carbon fiber scale for my new purchase (there was only 1 slicer available and I didn't care for the scale color). I had no intention at all of buying another knife for a while, but between splurging on scale screws (got the money flowing) and wanting the copper standoffs but had no knife to put them on............WELL YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE:D

Last edited:
Anyone put brass or copper with a dark green scale? I'd love to see pics. Not sure what would look better. Maybe the bronze ti would look best...?? So many options!

MRaymond I think you're having Hinderer overload!!! Lol! It's freaking awesome bro!!

I think the copper. But I like the copper better than the brass personally.

I've got one of each on my XM-18's and the copper just stands out to me better.

But maybe I just need a translucent green scale to go with the brass....

Anyone put brass or copper with a dark green scale? I'd love to see pics. Not sure what would look better. Maybe the bronze ti would look best...?? So many options!

I have some pictures on page 2 and page 3 of this very thread.

Mailman came with my knife. So I could trade out the earth brown scale for the smooth carbon fiber and put in the copper standoffs. I won't get the bronze anodized pivot till Monday, I will add the picture when I get it.

AFTER

Nice knives extrastout. Waiting on a bronze pivot screw myself. I keep waffling on what color scale for my Wharnie. Thinking maybe the dark green. Decisions decisions.

You're XM's are looking very sweet extrastout!! I just got my smooth CF too!

Love how you can see the weaves so well

Good job bro!

Just fitted copper standoffs to my 3.5" with green/black scale. Looks Great!
Thanks Rob & RHK

Last edited:
Sorry to derail things and hope this isn't the wrong place to post but any possibility of ti ano scale screws? I've been seeing several hinderers lately with what I am assuming are ti ano scale screws and would love to have them. I know ME sells the ss screws but that doesn't do ya any good ta ano. Please move if necessary Rob. Thanks:) Cheers

Back