Censorship and deleting of posts on BF

Status
Not open for further replies.
26 posts were just removed from a thread in this forum. I didn't not know this forum censored and deleted posts and I am appalled that they break the basic right of freedom of speech even if it is a private site. The thread was just debating the design weaknesses of ZT knives. I understand stopping people from insulting others but, not deleting posts and not letting us debate and violating one of our human rights. What do you guys think of this?

Got news for you, chief. This forum is privately owned. You have only the freedoms here that you would have in someone else's house or place of business.

Or do you make it a habit of going into someone else's home and peeing on the rug?

No one's forcing you to be here.

what I read is freedom of speech does not apply to a privately owned website.

Moderators often will delete posts that are derailing the thread or are turning into a fruitless argument. I see it as a service to the forum, honestly, because nobody cares about two people bickering over perceptions of quality in a thread that is almost wholly unrelated to the discussion at hand.

It's not censorship, it's janitorial services.

Waaaaah.
Before continuing your rant - check whine and cheese.
Oh, by the way, this is a privately owned site, you don't have rights here...you have privileges.

They weren't removed or deleted. Just moved to an appropriate area like I assume this thread will be soon. BTW, this is a privately owned site and they can run it however they want.

hhmoore,you beat me to it. Hah!

They weren't deleted, they were moved to a different sub-forum.

The mods know what they're doing, they are here to keep the forums in line, so either the posts were off-topic or they were too coarse for General Discussion, and they were either moved to the off-topic subforum or they were removed entirely. Either way, it happens all the time to other forumites, only reason you care is because it just so happened to be some of your posts.

They weren't deleted; they were moved.
You can still post where they're at now.

Also, as has been mentioned many, many times, the "right to free speech" applies to public spaces, not private places like this site (which is owned by a private individual).

The "right free speech" is intended to prevent the government from censoring you, not to prevent moderation of arguments on internet forums.

I think some people are dicks, and sometimes you need to cut the crap out of a thread to keep it going on topic. I say this as a former mod on a different large forum with a generally younger/dumber user group and as someone who is frequently irritated by people who type online differently than they would behave in person.

I know it's a privately owned site guys. It's still oppressive and wrong if you ask me. It also stops others from getting to read some very good info that can come from debate. I find sometimes great things come come to light because of debate. I just don't think this site like when anyone says anything not in a good light about a few brands especially ZT. It's sad and childish if you ask me. "I like ZT so I am not going to let anyone say anything bad on my site or I am going to delete it". Like I said, BF or Nazi Germany that's the question.

26 posts were just removed from a thread in this forum. I didn't not know this forum censored and deleted posts and I am appalled that they break the basic right of freedom of speech even if it is a private site. The thread was just debating the design weaknesses of ZT knives. I understand stopping people from insulting others but, not deleting posts and not letting us debate and violating one of our human rights. What do you guys think of this?

Human rights? You're cracking me up. Nothing was removed from this forum or deleted for that matter. Stuff was moved to a different forum. Human rights....censorship...the outrage!

Last edited:
I know it's a privately owned site guys. It's still oppressive and wrong if you ask me. It also stops others from getting to read some very good info that can come from debate. I find sometimes great things come come to light because of debate. I just don't think this site like when anyone says anything not in a good light about a few brands especially ZT. It's sad and childish if you ask me. "I like ZT so I am not going to let anyone say anything bad on my site or I am going to delete it". Like I said, BF or Nazi Germany that's the question.

Nazi Germany? Dude....move to a comedy career because you've got the gift.

Godwin's Law proves you just lost the argument.

Seriously, I don't think you understand that your 'debate' was off-topic in the thread it was in and thus got split and moved to a subforum where it was on-topic. That is not only standard forum procedure but also completely normal in just about every forum out there that has competent mods.

Human rights? You're cracking me up. Nothing was removed from the this forum or deleted for that matter. Stuff was moved to a different forum. Human rights....censorship...the outrage!

"Help! I'm being repressed!"

You know what they say about opinions....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back