Censorship and deleting of posts on BF

Status
Not open for further replies.
The posts in question were not only off-topic but in poor taste considering the point of the thread in question, thus they needed to be removed so that the thread could continue unharmed. In general the moderators don't remove posts in a thread unless they cause harm to the discussion in said thread, theses posts certainly weren't helping further the thread and thus were removed to move the discussion to a more appropriate place.

Of all people, I would think a mod would follow the simple rule of 'don't question the mods' decisions', but with your current track record it doesn't really surprise me.

Like I said. "warn/infract for poor behavior and let discussions continue"....
Censoring in that manner is vindictive. Plain and simple.
Noone is above reproach.

That has nothing to do with it. Because I disagree with how some things are handled here, the same as they have me...does not mean I "have it out for them".
You need to troll elsewhere.

I'm not trolling at all. Report me if you really feel that way.
You gave an opinion on what Charlie did, and I gave one about your opinion on that.
Maybe "have it out for them" was the wrong choice of words on my part(maybe), but you take shots at our Mods often lately. Usually in W&C, but its not OK there either(IMO).

I'm not trolling at all. Report me if you really feel that way.
You gave an opinion on what Charlie did, and I gave one about your opinion on that.
Maybe "have it out for them" was the wrong choice of words on my part(maybe), but you take shots at our Mods often lately. Usually in W&C, but its not OK there either(IMO).

So, theyre allowed to and I am not? :rolleyes:

Like I said. "warn/infract for poor behavior and let discussions continue"....
Censoring in that manner is vindictive. Plain and simple.
Noone is above reproach.

You obviously didn't read what I said, leaving the posts in the thread severely harmed the threads original intent, they needed to be removed from the thread, period. As for you, I guess a reminder is in order

Capture.jpg

The posts in question were not only off-topic but in poor taste considering the point of the thread in question, thus they needed to be removed so that the thread could continue unharmed. In general the moderators don't remove posts in a thread unless they cause harm to the discussion in said thread, theses posts certainly weren't helping further the thread and thus were removed to move the discussion to a more appropriate place.

Well said. Another option would have been to remove them completely (you know, Nazi censorship). The posts were detracting from the thread and if left up, the thread would have snowballed rapidly. It saved future infractions and kept a Mod from having to babysit the thread.

Perhaps you should've heeded that reminder yourself.

All you've done is question the decision made by the mod in GD, since you are not the mod for GD you are just a regular person everywhere that isn't your own mod domain. If I am wrong, certainly another mod can correct me in the matter, but your behavior doesn't behoove a mod regardless and I am not calling into question any decision you made as a mod, so I don't see how it's at all related to what you're doing here.

So, theyre allowed to and I am not? :rolleyes:

You take shots at them out of the blue in your rambling W&C post, and for no good reason.
They don't do that to you.
Maybe you're doing it over something that happened in the recent past, but you need to move past that IMO. I hope you can, really. Good luck.

I won't reply again. Don't want this turning into another Karda thread.

You take shots at them out of the blue in your rambling W&C post, and for no good reason.
They don't do that to you.
Maybe you're doing it over something that happened in the recent past, but you need to move past that IMO. I hope you can, really. Good luck.

I won't reply again. Don't want this turning into another Karda thread.

Nope theyre complete innocent. :rolleyes:
I've been trying to move past it, but certain trolls keep bringing things back up and continuing it.

Personally, I feel that the removal of those posts to W&C was a poor and abusive move.
Censoring discussions in that manner shouldn't be done. Warn/infract for poor behavior and let discussions continue.
Soooo, if a super mod were to delete posts in a manufacturer's sub forum and then pm the individual who made those posts warning him to stay out of that particular forum....would that be considered abusive?

The decision I made did not set precedent by a long shot. The old guard supermods would often trim the garbage out of an otherwise decent thread in order to preserve the discussion. It seems that Karda has a long standing bone to pick with the supermods/mods overall. Whatever his problem with the issue at hand is exactly that, his problem and not mine. I did not receive a barrage of email, phone calls, private messages, or otherwise from any moderators at all regarding the move. If a discussion can be salvaged by relocating problematic entries, so be it. Karda has also done "thread pruning" in he past, but his opportunistic distaste for the rest of us seems to be impairing his recollection. As one can see, one person's opinion is his "trolling" definition. Shameful really.

The decision I made did not set precedent by a long shot. The old guard supermods would often trim the garbage out of an otherwise decent thread in order to preserve the discussion. It seems that Karda has a long standing bone to pick with the supermods/mods overall. Whatever his problem with the issue at hand is exactly that, his problem and not mine. I did not receive a barrage of email, phone calls, private messages, or otherwise from any moderators at all regarding the move. If a discussion can be salvaged by relocating problematic entries, so be it. Karda has also done "thread pruning" in he past, but his opportunistic distaste for the rest of us seems to be impairing his recollection. As one can see, one person's opinion is his "trolling" definition. Shameful really.

Show me where I pruned a thread and moved the users posts to W&C. I think your recollection is the one impaired.
Maybe you didn't set precedent, but I have always found it to be a distasteful practice.

This can't end well for anyone.

1947_eating_popcorn_and_drinking_be.gif

This thread peaked when tachead took his ball and went home.

Show me where I pruned a thread and moved the users posts to W&C. I think your recollection is the one impaired.
Maybe you didn't set precedent, but I have always found it to be a distasteful practice.
I agree. Some dude maybe kid made a stupid mistake and then his posts get thrown to the hungry wolves in WC?
Locking the thread or deleting might be preferable than to open up the user to ridicule and insults in a subforum which the kid probably didn't even know existed.
Some people stay away from WC since, you know, if you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen however this kind of being forced into the kitchen isn't really cool in my opinion.
Of course if you delete or lock it completely then they scream freedom of speech and censorship.
What would be the best course of action, Karda or anyone?

I agree. Some dude maybe kid made a stupid mistake and then his posts get thrown to the hungry wolves in WC?
Locking the thread or deleting might be preferable than to open up the user to ridicule and insults in a subforum which the kid probably didn't even know existed.
Some people stay away from WC since, you know, if you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen however this kind of being forced into the kitchen isn't really cool in my opinion.
Of course if you delete or lock it completely then they scream freedom of speech and censorship.

He calls himself a grownup in W&C, so the kid part is nullified.

1234,,,:)

The software should have a feature where if you type the word "Nazi" it warns you that you may be about to sound ridiculous to a lot of people.

It's nice to know the mods are on the job. They all deserve a pay raise. :D

More carp!!!

The software should have a feature where if you type the word "Nazi" it warns you that you may be about to sound ridiculous to a lot of people.

The Godwin's law filter, good idea.

No one was forced there. The whole thread wasn't moved in this case, so no one was directed there. No one(that got moved) knew were it went unless they were told, and they sure didn't have to go there if they didn't want to. It's their choice.

This thread isn't about that anyway.
Karda is the one that has a problem with where they were moved, not the OP.

Karda may not have moved any there, but Mods have been moving post there since I've been here, and at times the whole thread.
If they don't want their post moved or deleted they should act right and they would never have to worry about it. Most all can manage to do that.

The OP is going on about freedom of speech, human rights, and Nazi Germany just because he thought his post were deleted. He didn't even know they were moved.
The thread isn't about where they were moved.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back