Censorship and deleting of posts on BF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Godwin's Law proves you just lost the argument.

Seriously, I don't think you understand that your 'debate' was off-topic in the thread it was in and thus got split and moved to a subforum where it was on-topic. That is not only standard forum procedure but also completely normal in just about every forum out there that has competent mods.
The mod said he removed the posts, not moved them.

The Nazis tried to control what people could say too. An extreme comparison but one none the less.

The Nazis gave people death.
Bladeforums has given me free knives. :)

"One of these things is not like the other, one of these things does not belong."

The mod said he removed the posts, not moved them.

Removed from that thread, not from the whole forums. All you have to do is go to Whine and Cheese (the off-topic subforum basically) and you'll find every one of your posts in all their glory.

I just removed 26 posts from this thread. The next person that derails this thread is going to catch an infraction.

LMAO I cannot wait until you go onto the competing forums and learn what censorship is really like. BF mods allow far more freedom of movement to threads than most other knife forums. Nazi Germany? For your future censorship rants I suggest China or North Korea, the Nazi's had nothing on those two as far as censorship goes.

[video=youtube;GS_1bzaj2fw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS_1bzaj2fw[/video]

26 posts were just removed from a thread in this forum. I didn't not know this forum censored and deleted posts and I am appalled that they break the basic right of freedom of speech even if it is a private site. The thread was just debating the design weaknesses of ZT knives. I understand stopping people from insulting others but, not deleting posts and not letting us debate and violating one of our human rights. What do you guys think of this?

They weren't removed. They are here in....
Your own thread

Post there, and we can better tell you what we think about it.
"Human rights" That's a good one:D

Oh my god, can someone get this kid a hanky already?

Personally, I feel that the removal of those posts to W&C was a poor and abusive move.
Censoring discussions in that manner shouldn't be done. Warn/infract for poor behavior and let discussions continue.

I dislike when the employees at a business disagree in front of the customers, usually there is a back room they can go into to discuss the issues.

I dislike when the employees at a business disagree in front of the customers, usually there is a back room they can go into to discuss the issues.

Except that this is a complaint from a customer, now addressed in the proper place.
If you are referring to me, I am not an employee of bladeforums, just a member like yourself....with an opinion, like yourself.

Except that this is a complaint from a customer, now addressed in the proper place.
If you are referring to me, I am not an employee of bladeforums, just a member like yourself....with an opinion, like yourself.

For once I'm actually not singling you out I understand that BF doesn't have any "employees" but it was a metaphor. I hate it when I see moderator staff disagreeing or arguing with each other out in the public forums, and that means any moderators not just you. As you stated that's just my opinion.

Personally, I feel that the removal of those posts to W&C was a poor and abusive move.
Censoring discussions in that manner shouldn't be done. Warn/infract for poor behavior and let discussions continue.

Personally, I feel Charlie did the right thing.
A SuperMod did it, so of course you feel that way, as you seem to really have it out for them over losing your status.
Thankfully those decisions are now out of your hands.

Personally, I feel Charlie did the right thing.
A SuperMod did it, so of course you feel that way, as you seem to really have it out for them over losing your status.
Thankfully those decisions are now out of your hands.

That has nothing to do with it. Because I disagree with how some things are handled here, the same as they have me...does not mean I "have it out for them".
You need to troll elsewhere.

The posts in question were not only off-topic but in poor taste considering the point of the thread in question, thus they needed to be removed so that the thread could continue unharmed. In general the moderators don't remove posts in a thread unless they cause harm to the discussion in said thread, theses posts certainly weren't helping further the thread and thus were removed to move the discussion to a more appropriate place.

Of all people, I would think a mod would follow the simple rule of 'don't question the mods' decisions', but with your current track record it doesn't really surprise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back