IMG_4946.jpg

IMG_4947.jpg

IMG_4948.jpg

IMG_4949.jpg

IMG_4951.jpg

IMG_4953.jpg

IMG_4950.jpg

IMG_4954.jpg

Looks great! I'm hoping they come out with a thinner version soon, too.

Looks great! I'm hoping they come out with a thinner version soon, too.

Thanks:) I hope that the new thinner version come up with a better form!

Good job. It is a lot more useful now !!!

You bet...much much better:)

good job, excellent pics..

what did you use to get it there???

All this was done by hand, It took one hour and half.
I use a very aggressive file and three different japanese waterstone 1000, 6000, 10000 grit!
I give in too much with the file & few scratches remain, nothing that I can't take care of:):D

Last edited:
Looks good, man.

Yours looks like it'll be much more useable now, good job.:thumbup:
Iz

Last edited:
I will stick to other knives in that size range, that particular knife strikes me as a stepped up steak knife.

Looks good, man.
I just re-ground one as a favor for a friend. I gotta say these things are soft and I am under impressed about the knife as a whole.
5343712350_b78309c1aa_z.jpg

5343103159_193047dec5_z.jpg

5343712464_40d7be6f10_z.jpg

I'll just say this, if they were free they might be worth the price.:eek:
Like I say, I don't mean to be a jerk I was just struck at how very badly these things are made. At least this one, I can't speak to any more than this single example though.
Yours looks like it'll be much more use able now, good job.:thumbup:
Iz

It should be hardened to around 57 RC which is a little on the soft side compared to a lot of knives out there, but it's a lot harder than a lot of knives out there too. Just out of curiosity, what other complaints did you have with it other than the softness? I've handled a few of them and had no complaints other than the edge not coming all the way back and the piece being thicker than I'd like. It's not for me as it presently stands, but I don't see why it wouldn't be perfectly serviceable for the price. :confused:

Really nice regrind, by the way! :eek::thumbup:

Looks good, man.
I just re-ground one as a favor for a friend. I gotta say these things are soft and I am under impressed about the knife as a whole.
5343712350_b78309c1aa_z.jpg

5343103159_193047dec5_z.jpg

5343712464_40d7be6f10_z.jpg

I'll just say this, if they were free they might be worth the price.:eek:
Like I say, I don't mean to be a jerk I was just struck at how very badly these things are made. At least this one, I can't speak to any more than this single example though.
Yours looks like it'll be much more use able now, good job.:thumbup:
Iz

Nice job:thumbup: you're right on the money there:D

It should but I don't see why it wouldn't be perfectly serviceable for the price. :confused:

The complaints are a lot especially when this knife is made in El salvador, where the salary are ridiculous.
All Over after read the statement that saying "hand finished"....Really?
who working on the knive a amateur?
Condor could do much better job and ask for more money, If that is the issue!

The complaints are a lot especially when this knife is made in El salvador, where the salary are ridiculous.
All Over after read the statement that saying "hand finished"....Really?
who working on the knive a amateur?
Condor could do much better job and ask for more money, If that is the issue!

Who taught you grammar and sentence structure, an amateur?

They have brought the knife down to 1/8th, and have taken the space out completely for 2011. The Scandinavian grind is now finished on a jig rather than completely by hand. It is easier to do a good scandi grind on 1/8 rather than 5/32s

condorgrind.jpg

Yes & an amateur form El salvador:thumbup:

They have brought the knife down to 1/8th, and have taken the space out completely for 2011. The Scandinavian grind is now finished on a jig rather than completely by hand. It is easier to do a good scandi grind on 1/8 rather than 5/32s

condorgrind.jpg

I hope so!

Last edited:

Excellente! I expect one in my mailbox when they're in production. :D

Cool i'll have to buy two more when the new ones come out!
I don't expect perfection for that price (i paid about $25 each for the two i have).
I'm going to mod one and keep one stock, these are cool knives if you are looking to customize/mod.
I'm planning on grinding one like the upcoming models (pictured above) except maybe lengthening the cutting edge even further by extending the grind back a little further +removing about a 1/4 inch of the wood panels.
Really like the Condors i have so far, Bushlores and a Golok, also have a Hudson Bay knife on the way as well!
:)

It should be hardened to around 57 RC which is a little on the soft side compared to a lot of knives out there, but it's a lot harder than a lot of knives out there too. Just out of curiosity, what other complaints did you have with it other than the softness? I've handled a few of them and had no complaints other than the edge not coming all the way back and the piece being thicker than I'd like. It's not for me as it presently stands, but I don't see why it wouldn't be perfectly serviceable for the price. :confused:

Really nice regrind, by the way! :eek::thumbup:

It's all good. Great knife.
Iz

Last edited:
That was some mini review/opinion. The knife is very reasonable to purchase and is a great entry point knife for introducing folks to bushcraft activities. Everyone needs to start somewhere & not all can afford high end custom knives, nor should they for that matter. I feel the OP did a good job with his knife pick, modded it to his liking and was happy with such.
Now for my opinion, dumping in ones thread, knocking & trying to recover is not cool. The OP was just sharing his attempt at making a good knife better.

The sheath was also terrible. Thin, riveted and not even real leather.

The sheaths are real leather, so I'm not sure where you got that one from. :confused: For what it's worth, Condor offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee. They state in their packaging and on their site that if you don't like the piece for any reason you can send it back to them with a copy of your receipt and they'll personally refund your purchase price. Likewise anytime I've had a QC concern with any of mine, Rick Jones at Condor was more than happy to fix it. They have the occasional lemon, but they do their best to make it up for you. :)

You found the leather to be thin?
:confused:
Thats strange the definitely real leather on my Bushlore sheaths are plenty thick at a little over 1/8 of an inch and its stitched with a rivet at either end.
And The sheath on the Golok is very well made!
For you whats the ideal leather thickness?

I have some $100+ knives which have sheaths inferior to the Condor sheaths.
I'm not saying the Condor sheaths are custom quality sheaths but they are certainly as good or better than many production knife leather sheaths.
I'm not trying to be argumentative, everyone is entitled to their opinion!
Peace!
:)

Back