Condor knive & associated? Bushlore!

Condor tries to offer a good product for an amazing price. AS I see it, everything said in this thread was an opinion or persrective. Some possitive and some negative. Condor is addressing the issues.

That was some mini review/opinion. The knife is very reasonable to purchase and is a great entry point knife for introducing folks to bushcraft activities. Everyone needs to start somewhere & not all can afford high end custom knives, nor should they for that matter. I feel the OP did a good job with his knife pick, modded it to his liking and was happy with such.
Now for my opinion, dumping in ones thread, knocking & trying to recover is not cool. The OP was just sharing his attempt at making a good knife better.

Great points. I feel kurodrago (I bothered to actually read his name and not call him o.p.) did a good job, too....that's why I said it in my original post.
I'm not trying to recover anything, I'm just trying not to offend by softening my opinion, it's as simple as that. In the first post I gave my impression of the knife because it was fresh in my mind having just re-ground it this weekend. In the second post I was asked my opinion. I'm sorry you don't like that.

To everyone else,
Thanks for being civil and understanding that I don't mean to knock what every you want/can afford to use. :thumbup:

To recap: I think it's great if people want to use it. This was one specimen I dealt with, I have no experience with anymore than this one knife. It sounds like they are addressing some of the issues I have problems with. This is all just my OPINION of this knife and shouldn't be confused with fact or my opinion of anyone who chooses to buy or use one.

To say it once again, great job on the re-grind kurodrago. :thumbup:
Iz

Last edited:
Condor tries to offer a good product for an amazing price. AS I see it, everything said in this thread was an opinion or persrective. Some possitive and some negative. Condor is addressing the issues.

You nailed it Cody.

I'm sure some of their products have issues, personally I wasn't interested in trying a bushlore in its previous version because of the issues mentioned in the thread. I think that you can see that they're trying to respond to customers wants by modifying the design of the bushlore model. This is relatively new ground for them, and I applaud them for trying.

On the other hand, I don't think that anyone stepped across any lines in this thread, its just a conversation about a knife.

Nice job on the regrinds guys! Excellent work.

Take it easy,

Brandon

OP is a common term here, and in my opinion does not take away anything from kurodrago. I was not trying to offend in any way and stand by my opinions, which I am free to do just like you are.

The thread was started by "kurodrago" to showcase his modifications to a knife he was pleased with, not an invite to hammer away upon.

You bashed the grind, rc (hope I don't offend the creator of the rc scale....), sheath, price and scales. You also list descriptions as "worthless & terrible".

Who is offending who here????

I am done with you!!!

Sorry this took place in your thread kurodrago, I feel you did a nice job on your knife.

OP is a common term here, and in my opinion does not take away anything from kurodrago. I was not trying to offend in any way and stand by my opinions, which I am free to do just like you are.

The thread was started by "kurodrago" to showcase his modifications to a knife he was pleased with, not an invite to hammer away upon.

You bashed the grind, rc (hope I don't offend the creator of the rc scale....), sheath, price and scales. You also list descriptions as "worthless & terrible".

Who is offending who here????

I am done with you!!!

Sorry this took place in your thread kurodrago, I feel you did a nice job on your knife.

That's the most agreeable thing I've read this morning.:thumbup:

I also apologize kurodrago for spoiling your thread. It wasn't my intent. It seems this is a pretty hot topic and I'll avoid it in the future.
Sincerely,
Iz

They may shoot for 57rc but this one wasn't close to that as far as I could discern. Maybe this one snuck through, I don't know. I do know that I used a 36grit belt that I used on my last batch of knives to rough grind this knife. That last batch was ten knives and I used the belt for the bevel grind and for rough grinding the handles. It was worn out and it cut through this knife like annealed stock. I could tell the knife was hardened by the sparks it was throwing but I'm guessing it was in the low 50's at best.
The thing I didn't like most about it (besides the hardness which can happen) is the grind. I love convex grinds, that's all I do, but they put a 1/4 height convex on thick steel which imo is an axe or chopping knife grind. Just absolutely worthless on this style of knife I think.
Fit and finish looked like....well it's terrible. Absolutely terrible. Most people with no experience could do a better job I think. They didn't even try to fit the handle scales.
The sheath was also terrible. Thin, riveted and not even real leather.
But I don't like saying these things because I know people will get offended. That's not my intent so please remember this is all just my perspective. If people want to spend $30.00 on a $10.00 knife and they're happy with it then I've got no problems with that. I honestly don't, I'm actually glad for them if that means they get to the woods to use it.
It just ain't for me.
It sounds like they're trying to correct some of the problems so keep in mind this is just one knife of many that I'm talking about, too.
Iz

Thin sheath material and bad rockwell? Something fishy here. Give me a PM and I'll get you in contact with someone to get a replacement. Did the edge roll at all?

Thin sheath material and bad rockwell? Something fishy here. Give me a PM and I'll get you in contact with someone to get a replacement. Did the edge roll at all?

Joe,
It's not my knife, it's a re-grind for a friend.
If you'll edit your post and take out the quote from me I'll edit mine so this is gone for good.
I don't want to back off of my opinion but it seems that my opinion is to harsh for some people.
I apologize for that and didn't mean to do make waves.
I'm sure the knife is great and all is good.
Thanks,
Iz

You are fine bindlestitch, no reason to back off. Just let your buddy know if he isn't happy with it.

J

That's the most agreeable thing I've read this morning.:thumbup:

I also apologize kurodrago for spoiling your thread. It wasn't my intent. It seems this is a pretty hot topic and I'll avoid it in the future.
Sincerely,
Iz

I don't see the reason for you apology & edited too.
I agree, definitely some topic to avoid it in the future.
By the way, you did much better job than me:thumbup:

The investor....... should not fight custom who complain on score whit some defect, or answer a question with an 'other question.
You should complain to the manufacturing company to improve the product (otherwise you lose money).

That be said enjoy your Condor if you can:yawn:

PLEASE tell me that that fricking eastern asian pacific country we all know has not butchered a Condor classic.....? :mad:

Other than a slightly mis-ground tip, I like my Bushlore very much. I do like Bushman's idea though, I might have to get out the abrasives and make myself a nice choil.

P.S. I think my Bushlore sheath is nicer than my Bushcraft.

If you want scandi with a choil, check out bushcraft NW's raven
http://shop.bushcraftnorthwest.com/product.sc?productId=68
http://www.tactical-life.com/online/tactical-knives/built-for-the-bush/

bushcraft-northwest.jpg

Wow! That's a nice knife! A little out of my range at the moment but it's a great reference for a Bushlore mod.

I really think the condor is worth the money considering the sheath that came with mine was worth $25.
d8d21347.jpg

Got a Hudson Bay about 10 days ago. Took it out for some fun today:
058.jpg

It's one tough knife, from what I can tell. It's also not too bad in the kitchen:
066.jpg

All in all, a great value. Randalljames6 is right, the sheath alone is worth the cost of the knife. I love the pivot system, it's great for cross-draw carry (too much real estate taken up on my right side by pistol and smaller knife). I have more pics, and a mini-review in the knife reviews section, for those that are interested.

I just spent an hour filing on mine and I'm already liking the choil idea. I've got a long way to go (and I think I need to hit the hardware store for a more appropriate tool) but I like it so far. The Sharpie roughly represents what I'm going to remove:
Condor.jpg

Sorry for the weird color, the only camera I have charged up is the one that's been altered for infrared photography (no IR filter).

I flattened the grind some.. Mostly just taking it from a hatchet type convex to a scandi grind. But after using it today cutting and making fuzz sticks I determined I want it alot flatter. But like others have said i need to get some power tools ( like a belt sander) before I tackle this. It will never be the pocket chainsaw that my fallkniven f1 and a1 are but I thought it would be fun to try and tune it up some mostly just to try out the blade shape before I buy a custom bushcrafter.

You guys will like the 1/8th version alot more. Most scandi knives that are thick need to have a grind height of 11/32ths, and that was the problem with this one. If you take it up a little higher, you will have some great results.

Last edited:
Back