Is the forum slow for anyone else on desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went searching for a solution in hopes some settings or something would take care of it. Sounds like the issue is effecting everyone. I’m hopeful for a fix soon as using the site has not been enjoyable lately.

I went searching for a solution in hopes some settings or something would take care of it. Sounds like the issue is effecting everyone. I’m hopeful for a fix soon as using the site has not been enjoyable lately.
Maybe the 70 pages of bots that are gobbling up resources could be removed.....many of them are ad research, marketing analysis, ad campaign analysis, competitor research, profit optimization etc, and at least a couple of the most prolific originate in mainland China.....

This is actually the only site I pay a membership on and it's the slowest bar none. The last few days I've given up before the site loads, today I decided to try a second time 1/2 hour later, I'm here but won't be for long as it's just painful.

I know the staff is working on it and I wish them the best. I realize piling on the complaints isn't going to make it better and probably raises the stress level of the mods but I sure don't feel like I'm getting a return on my investment lately.

Remember,

“Y’all filled up the server hard drives. Again.”

YOU all did. Deal with it. It’s not @Spark ’s fault. 🤡
If server capacity is being measured in GB, thats a huge problem. This forum thrives on pictures, and many of them are pretty large. Storage should be measured in hundreds of TB in todays world...
Maybe there should be a function where all pictures uploaded to the servers are automatically resized to a specified resolution to control storage demands...

The lag time makes moderating painful if I'm moderating during "prime time". I have to keep a game of solitaire running on the side so I have something to do while the system does its thing. Fixing a single issue during prime time often takes 15 minutes instead of the 5 minutes it takes during off hours.

Just tried posting pictures for about 30 minutes for 3 knives I put on the sale page with no luck. Keep getting "oops; something went wrong". I've done this several times before with no issue; they are properly sized, etc. Maddening!

Maybe the 70 pages of bots that are gobbling up resources could be removed.....many of them are ad research, marketing analysis, ad campaign analysis, competitor research, profit optimization etc, and at least a couple of the most prolific originate in mainland China.....
can you give me directions on how to find that 70-page list?

At this time there are 82 pages for the last hour.....
31TG1It.png
zF2t9nh.png

I think Benchmade hired hackers to make the site slow because they were tired of us getting great deals on their knives here and not paying full price on their site haha.

Trying to sell knives on this forum without pictures is just like trying to sell a blind man Playboy magazine.

It’s actually pretty snappy for me right now. Wasn’t earlier today, but now it’s quick!

My portable hard drive that practically fits in my pocket is rated by TB and it’s 3 yrs old.
If the BF servers are that old, the processor speeds are most likely Fred Flinstone era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back