"My Activity" Tab

Could someone please explain what is visible, and to whom?

For example, is activity listed on this tab visible to anyone who visits my Profile, or to Friends only? And/or, can Friends visiting my Profile only see my activity and that of Friends we have in common?

Are posts (including content) from The Cove visible to any and all of the above?

Most of all, are there any Privacy controls or settings available?

(I would not want to subject all Friends to the language/content of The Cove, as just one concern.)

~ P.

My profile looks like the facebook .

Just checked your profile, oh yeah, we can see the juicy stuff alright ;)

I tried editiing mine but ams not very sharp :mad:

My profile looks like the facebook .

Just checked your profile, oh yeah, we can see the juicy stuff alright ;)

Ha! It's not me I'm concerned about (I have a pretty good filter), it's everyone else and their Big Swears. Heh.

But seriously, this is disconcerting.

SETTINGS, anyone? :confused:

~ P.

I just changed my user group to registered user, then viewed a couple of profiles, Cove posts of that users friends were showing up under the "activity" tab...???
I don't think I like this feature very much...

I just changed my user group to registered user, then viewed a couple of profiles, Cove posts of that users friends were showing up under the "activity" tab...???

If you change your user group to R.U., you still have permission to access the Cove and P.A., it just displays your username in blue.

We need an actual registered user to give their input.

I know I sure don't.

If you change your user group to R.U., you still have permission to access the Cove and P.A., it just displays your username in blue.

We need an actual registered user to give their input.

I need an actual Site Administrator to either give me control of my Profile via Settings, or and/disable the My Activity tab.

Like I said, I have a good personal filter, but to have obscenity on my Profile page is unacceptable.

Barring a global software UnDo, what can I do in the meantime?

Unfriend anyone who posts in the Cove? (Would that be enough?)

Meanwhile, by creating this thread I've probably directed more people to my Profile Page to see what I'm talking about(!). :eek:

Ooops.

~ P.

One last thing, for now (yes, I'm ticked):

I spend most of my time in Traditional, and love it there.

Should anyone choose to visit my Profile, I do not want "The Forbidden Sex Act You Should Try Just Once" displayed.

Again: help?

~ P.

"Registered Users" cannot see posts made in the Cove, they cannot click on links to the cove, it comes up as a "no permission" prompt.

Like cbwoods said, you can change your user group, but you retain the permissions.

If you dont post in an area, it wont show in your activity list.

One last thing, for now (yes, I'm ticked):

I spend most of my time in Traditional, and love it there.

Should anyone choose to visit my Profile, I do not want "The Forbidden Sex Act You Should Try Just Once" displayed.

Again: help?

~ P.

You can be ticked but you also need to be patient. I doubt Spark has even seen this thread yet.

"Registered Users" cannot see posts made in the Cove, they cannot click on links to the cove, it comes up as a "no permission" prompt.

Like cbwoods said, you can change your user group, but you retain the permissions.

If you dont post in an area, it wont show in your activity list.
Ummmm, all of one's friends posts are showing up under activities list on the profile page.?!

Ummmm, all of one's friends posts are showing up under activities list on the profile page.?!

Yes, you can see them.

a Registered User cannot, and that seemed to be the main issue to the OP.

But

Main point is if you are worried about someone seeing somewhere you posted, think about not doing that anymore. Even if the post activity list is disabled here a Google search will bring them out easily. A non member or Registered user cannot see Cove posts, but a paid member can.

Like the OP stated, I spend a lot of time in traditionals...If there is someone in my friends list, and THEY post in the Cove, those posts are shown for all paid members to see...Even if I Don't happen to post in that area...
in my mind this is unacceptable! Oftentimes while viewing on a tablet, I inadvertently click on a profile...I'm pretty sure I am not alone in this.
It would seem that Pertinux's assumption that one would need to un-friend anyone who posts in one of these areas would be in order...

Sarah,

Little known fact:
When someone posts in your VM's, you don't reply to them in your VM's but theirs.
Don't feel bad, AG Russell posted in my VM's and I replied to him in my own VM's.
Found out several months later. :eek:

DC

One more reason to post cautiously. ;)
It also displays posts from people on your friends list. Might consider an edit of that as well.

Sarah,

Little known fact:
When someone posts in your VM's, you don't reply to them in your VM's but theirs.
Don't feel bad, AG Russell posted in my VM's and I replied to him in my own VM's.
Found out several months later. :eek:

DC

Oh, I know I have that all fouled up. I'll clean those out, too. Heh.

Thanks, RevDevil. I think I'm going to reset everything for now.

I apologize, Morrow-- I realized after I posted "I'm ticked" it would come across more as pressure/impatience on you guys then the explanation for all my posts-in-a-row that I meant it to be, but decided to let it stand because it was already Out There.

I'll wait for more answers, and clean up my Friends (heh) in the meantime.

~ P.

I don't think the tab is all that bad. Everything we post is out there anyway. The search function will back me up on that. Once people get wise to this, it's going ruin the fun watching meltdowns live on line and the dumbass thread will turn into a ghost town. :D

Have we posted stupid stuff from time to time? Sure you bet. The last time I checked, we're only human and we all make mistakes. With the tab out there, maybe it'll remind us to think twice before posting.

Didn't they stop making Friends back in 2004? :D

The Rembrandts - I'll Be There For You (Friends Theme Song) :D

[video=youtube;l-9pLZQ4vu0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-9pLZQ4vu0[/video]

I just looked at my own profile -- it's full of replies to threads that I've never posted in or even viewed. :confused:

943157444d1233330339-yo-dawg-confused-cat.jpg

I'll add my vote for removing or being able to hide this thing. While people are welcome to search my post history, I'm not fond of Cove or PA posts being the opening page to my profile, especially if they're not even mine.

Back