"My Activity" Tab

I just looked at my own profile -- it's full of replies to threads that I've never posted in or even viewed. :confused:

Same here

I'll add my vote for removing or being able to hide this thing. While people are welcome to search my post history, I'm not fond of Cove or PA posts being the opening page to my profile, especially if they're not even mine.

Seconded

Does anyone yet know if this was a Decision Made, or an unforeseen consequence of a software update, or...?

~ P.

I'll add my vote for removing or being able to hide this thing. While people are welcome to search my post history, I'm not fond of Cove or PA posts being the opening page to my profile, especially if they're not even mine.

Plus 1

Paul

The current version of vBulletin including updates seems designed to mimic Facebook's social networking style. I am not charmed by this forced comradeship with people I don't know.

I just found out about this My Activity tab, being of limited computer access here. I am about to go look at my profile. * shudder * :p

Bah, humbug. Of all the stupid tabs to dominate My Profile, this is the worst. I have one post listed (the one above this) and most of the rest is AKC responding to the dumbass thread. NOTHING to do with MY PROFILE. :grumpy:

Big Brother (and every other twit on Earth) is Watching You.

Bah, humbug. Of all the stupid tabs to dominate My Profile, this is the worst. I have one post listed (the one above this) and most of the rest is AKC responding to the dumbass thread. NOTHING to do with MY PROFILE. :grumpy:

Big Brother (and every other twit on Earth) is Watching You.

He's watching things I'm not even watching, and Don't.

th_cantlook-1.gif

Words, phrases, and suggestions that would warrant a violation should I post them on the regular forums can be freely displayed on my Profile, when they are not mine (and I may not even have seen them).

I've excised most Pirates from my Friends list, which seems to be sufficient for now, but that should not be necessary. How to build (the semblance of) Community without one's Friends?

There goes my Diversity Training.

~ P.

Booting pirates? Whatever happened to being proud of your culminated online friendships?

Booting pirates? Whatever happened to being proud of your culminated online friendships?

Ooops.

Heh.

(I enjoy my online "friends," or at least the appearance of having 'em, but any true connection I have precedes and will outlast "Friends" software. ;))

Like I've said, I have a good personal filter, but don't want anyone who might view my Profile to see obscenities and sex words, unawares. Shoot, I don't want to see that on "my" identifying page. Yeah, yeah, I'm funny that way.

Were I attempting to maintain a professional presence here, I would be even more concerned.

If the "My Activity" tab were not the default, or if my activity were the default display on a default My Activity tab, it would be somewhat better. Not optimal, but better.

As is? Qui tacet consentit.

No, thanks.

~ P.

The admin can disable the my activity features.

It has not been a popular update to VBulletin.

best

mqqn

I'm looking into this and will post more later.

"My Activity" which doesn't include a single reference to me or my activity. Brilliant. If this doesn't go, I will.

I'm ditching any friend with "Jeep" in their screen name,
I don't even know where they all came from or
what they are posting about.

(I'm being a bit sarcastic).

Gonna miss you yablanowitz, I don't mind saying so... ;)

[youtube]mcog70xgyAw[/youtube]

Gaaawd, I am so hosed! Now some people will know that some other people are assho...wait, can I even post that word here; more importantly, what random thoughts will random people think about the random comments that randomly show up in the My Activity tab? Hosed, hosed I tell ya...

Please remove the "My Activity" Spark! Any competent programmer should be able to handle it. My son could probably do it, he's a code geek. :D

Yea, I'm not into this activity tab either. It really doesn't need to be the default for our profile pages any way.

Back