"My Activity" Tab

The problem is everybody who has a paying membership sees all that stuff every time they click on your profile. Imagine you are a knifemaker or dealer. You may have never posted in the Political Arena or Practical Tactical or W&C or the Cove or even looked at them, but you have accepted "friend" requests from people who post in those forums. So, a prospective customer clicks on your profile in the process of buying from you -- what does he see??? Your profile is full of sex, violence and political opinions he disagrees with??? Does he still want to buy from you??? :eek:

I better repost this in Service & Support; I'm not sure Spark understands how bad the situation is....

I've courteously added 'friends' on BF to anyone who asked me. You know who you are. :thumbup:

Now their drivel is clogging up My Activity. YIKES! :p

I do the same thing on Facebook, if I've met you somehow.

I go into Facebook once every month, accept these friends, and then logout; for another month. LOL!

It's a TRAP!

Coop

I know, Coop. The problem, as someone already mentioned, is that there is a difference between friends and Friends. Too often, Friends are businesses that want on your list so they can advertise to you. Then you get their personal activity along with that, then ... gaahhh

The problem is everybody who has a paying membership sees all that stuff every time they click on your profile. Imagine you are a knifemaker or dealer. You may have never posted in the Political Arena or Practical Tactical or W&C or the Cove or even looked at them, but you have accepted "friend" requests from people who post in those forums. So, a prospective customer clicks on your profile in the process of buying from you -- what does he see??? Your profile is full of sex, violence and political opinions he disagrees with??? Does he still want to buy from you??? :eek:

I better repost this in Service & Support; I'm not sure Spark understands how bad the situation is....

Perhaps, if it is a feature that is NOT going away, somehow a "wrap" could be put on certain forum areas ,like Political,W&C, and Cove...so they are not "shared" ? Just a thought...

Last edited:
One last thing, for now (yes, I'm ticked):

I spend most of my time in Traditional, and love it there.

Should anyone choose to visit my Profile, I do not want "The Forbidden Sex Act You Should Try Just Once" displayed.

Again: help?

~ P.
You made me laugh so hard the beer flying out of my mouth onto the keyboard fried my laptop.:mad::)

Maybe "My Activity" should be changed to "My Friends Activity" ? Would be a better descriptive.

I've courteously added 'friends' on BF to anyone who asked me. You know who you are. :thumbup:

Now their drivel is clogging up My Activity. YIKES! :p

I do the same thing on Facebook, if I've met you somehow.

I go into Facebook once every month, accept these friends, and then logout; for another month. LOL!

It's a TRAP!

Coop

:D

And may I add: It's some of the best LOL Cat drivel to ever show up in your profile to boot. :D

its-a-tarp.jpg

:D

^^^ We all have Friends which we welcome, and acquaintances which make us wince.

Thanks, friend. I like humor. :D

Coop

I've noticed lately that the icon/logo for bladeforums.com in favorites is now the symbol for V-Bulletin and not the former green icon/logo associated with bladeforums.com in the past. It's almost as if this new "My Activity" tab is a V-Bulletin requirement. This along with the "f-Connect" tab at the top of each page of the forum makes it seem that it's more a V-Bulletin and Facebook party than Spark's party.

Nothing has really changed as to the way the site works - it's just getting a little impersonal or too personal depending on how you look at it.

Just my .02¢ on the "My Activity" Tab. I've lessened the impact of it by dropping all but 9 friends but if it gets any worse, they'll all have to go.

It's not as bad on my desktop computer, but on my tablet or phone I get profiles when I'm trying to open threads pretty regularly. If I wanted to see Facebook, I'd be on Facebook.

So, is this stupidity here to stay?

I've noticed lately that the icon/logo for bladeforums.com in favorites is now the symbol for V-Bulletin and not the former green icon/logo associated with bladeforums.com in the past. It's almost as if this new "My Activity" tab is a V-Bulletin requirement. This along with the "f-Connect" tab at the top of each page of the forum makes it seem that it's more a V-Bulletin and Facebook party than Spark's party.

Nothing has really changed as to the way the site works - it's just getting a little impersonal or too personal depending on how you look at it.

Just my .02¢ on the "My Activity" Tab. I've lessened the impact of it by dropping all but 9 friends but if it gets any worse, they'll all have to go.

It's not as bad on my desktop computer, but on my tablet or phone I get profiles when I'm trying to open threads pretty regularly. If I wanted to see Facebook, I'd be on Facebook.

So, is this stupidity here to stay?

I'm with you guys. I don't like the impersonal VB logo icon on the BFC pages and I don't want to delete all of my friends to clear my activity board either.

I'd think that this My Activity feature is storing so much information in everyone's profiles, that it could be why notifications have been slowed way down as well as other glitches I've read about. I have a very fast IP speed so I don't notice it but I bet a lot of members are experiencing slow load times on pages.

I'm probably just going to disable the My Activity section completely. If possible. Which may not be the case.

I'm probably just going to disable the My Activity section completely. If possible. Which may not be the case.

Undoubtedly, that'd be for the best. I'm guessing this "feature" was added in the latest update to the vBulletin software, in an attempt to make it more "social" like FB or Twitter. But like any feature, I'd assume that the admin can enable/disable this feature as one desires.

[video=youtube;OrKrm_14YBY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OrKrm_14YBY[/video]

Undoubtedly, that'd be for the best. I'm guessing this "feature" was added in the latest update to the vBulletin software, in an attempt to make it more "social" like FB or Twitter. But like any feature, I'd assume that the admin can enable/disable this feature as one desires.

Not sure but in updates on my WordPress blogs the features were listed. You simply enabled what you wanted and disabled what you didn't. It was reversible too if you didn't like the outcome.

That may NOT be the case with BFC Vbulletin - so, just saying....:)

Back