New York Custom Knife Show (NYCKS) Nov 22,23,24 - You Coming?

That's in Jersey City, don't eat at the Westin or any of the restaurants on that strip except for the Chinese and Indian spot. Especially the Westin, by NYC standards that place is horrendous serving hotel food.

A 5 minute cab ride brings you to Hoboken (where Cake Boss is filmed) better prices and you can get Grimaldi's which is a handful of surviving founders of American Pizza http://www.grimaldis.com/

l.jpg

Fancy new American that is not expensive in case your wife is going with you. The restaurant is built into a brownstone townhouse and quite lovely http://amandasrestaurant.com/
I always get the cod or seafood soup at this spot.

l.jpg

l.jpg

Arthur's Tavern - old school steakhouse with decent prices http://www.yelp.com/biz/arthurs-tavern-hoboken
Potatoes at Arthur's is particularly satisfying and they give you an old school pickle, hot cherry peppers and german slaw app as soon as you sit down.

l.jpg

There's also bars full of young people and hot things all over Hoboken as well. The short cab ride is well worth it. Have fun!

Last edited:
Wow! Oh, and I will be there as well :)

(Rick and Mike and Pete probably too) just sayin'

Won't make it (Too far North for this Florida boy!!) but can't wait till it's over so those guys at the ranch can get a break ;)

Ahh. I wish I could. That's only like 4-5 hours drive for me. Sneaking away with a one year old and a three year old is damn near impossible. I'm shooting for next year though!!!

Ahh. I wish I could. That's only like 4-5 hours drive for me. Sneaking away with a one year old and a three year old is damn near impossible. I'm shooting for next year though!!!

That's what trunks are for :eek: jk :D

You do know though that next year ... they will be like... 2 and 4 :)

That's what trunks are for :eek: jk :D

You do know though that next year ... they will be like... 2 and 4 :)

Haha! I'm hoping 2 and 4 will be a little less hectic. But then again they will be bigger in a year and harder to fit into my trunk. Hmm maybe this year is the way to go as far as available trunk space.

J81 maybe some daddy time alone is in the forecast.

This is EXACTLY what I do when I go to Cue Shows. I am going to try my very best to be there on Saturday. It's only 2-1/2 hours away from me. Hard to pass that up.

Do you guys "sell" anything other than the lotteries?

I'd be all over this if I was able to attend.

Have a great time!

And good luck to forum members (here and green too) that enter the lotteries.

Safe travels to all.

its only 2 hours roughly from me aswell, maybe 3, depends on where it sits in jersey, my sister is in Bergen, any idea how far jersey city is from Bergen county? man, I would LOVE to meet the RHK crew and all you fine folks! I THINK I can squeeze it off. I gotta come w ATLEAST a G in spending money for the big lotto. I bet the winners get mooooobbbed by a bunch of shady resellers trying to make a dime. sh!t...Im just a squirrel tryna get a nut! just a big big fan over here! (I think we all can see that by now hah!)

any info is appreciated. Iv never been to a show like this, only an indoor gardening convention in LA with my boss and co worker, stayed in downtown LA at The Standard, amazing time! so anyway Im a total green horn with shows in general, let alone a custom knife show that RHK will be attending. if one of the vets would be so kind as to PM me some advice? how long before to get there, where to head first, the whole niner! Iv never been to an official knife show, only a small local gun/knife convention thats in town every year. (saratoga springs NY) Anyone one wanna take me on as a "knife show protege"? I promise, Im good good company. :) I would be like a kid in a candy store, but RHK has become all Im interested in. Im sure Ill check out other stuff too, but all Im really goin for is the awesome vibe from the hinderer booth, and meeting everyone face to face. and of course...the lotto

I used to keep Discus fish...obsessively, collecting, had to have the best of the best...I was a big member on the biggest Discus fish forum and I used to travel to near by states for the forum meetings, one time the dude who started simplydiscus.com forums himself, Al Sebeta (basically what Rick is to knives, Al is to Discus fish...so in the Discus world its like me going to ricks ranch...anyway, I had a BLAST! after that I attended a few more gatherings. its so much fun to talk shop with ppl who care as much, sometimes more than you do, learn ALOT, and to put the faces to the names that youve become closer with on here...and to the guys Im not, I would hope to be by the end of those couple days.

thanks everybody in advance, since that Wharnie wiped me out for a while, Im thinkin I should ATLEAST have the dough to attend, just to finally meet everyone, Im dyin to. esp. if I stay w my sister in Bergen, even cheaper...but somethin tells me you gentlemen know how to party, and I may not wanna miss that!! ;):D

awesome, I forgot its so soon! Im gonna start planning and saving now! hope to make it! I should if I set my mind on it.

Jensen - believe it or not, I used to think the same, now the kid is 6 and hes a piece of work! I look back at when he was 1,3-4, and I WISH he was that easy again! so dont fool yourself man, I feel like (for us working guys) Ill say maybe 1,2 - 3,4 seemed to be the easiest age to keep your sanity! lol jk, hes not mine, but Iv been with the kid since he was 16 months, and hes goin on 7 in april!!! boy how time flies. altho, if you and your wife are equal care takers of the kids at home, I can see it being tuff. No family to maybe help the wife out so you can sneak to jersey?! Im sure youd miss the hell outta the kiddies, but it'd be great to see ya there buddy!

also, Iv been wondering, what the policy on BYOK to knife shows? are you allowed to walk in with a folder or 2 in your pocket? I would imagine it would HAVE to be, prob. the ONLY time something like that is accepted right?

thanks for reading guys! I reeeaaaallllly hope to make it! :)

take care boys. have a great night! :D

Last edited:
Love to be able to make that show. Hopefully some day I'll be able to meet the RHK crew and enjoy a great show. And, of course, get in on the lottery....and accessories!

The Westin is right at the opening of the Holland Tunnel (if that helps) . More to a show than just the purchases although that is certainly the reason for "the Show" but.... the visiting, meeting, talking, being around Knife People and all the complimentary things (lights, leather, stuff)
I think it is a good experience.

Back