New York Custom Knife Show (NYCKS) Nov 22,23,24 - You Coming?

The Westin is right at the opening of the Holland Tunnel (if that helps) . More to a show than just the purchases although that is certainly the reason for "the Show" but.... the visiting, meeting, talking, being around Knife People and all the complimentary things (lights, leather, stuff)
I think it is a good experience.

right bro, thats what Im sayin, Im primarily going to meet everyone finally, esp. rick, rob, and any other RHK crew! the goodies and the lotto comes second to the whole vibe of the show, since its the first one for me!

**I added alot more into the book I wrote uptop, a few ppl posted since I was editing, if anyone cares to go back and read it, that would be great.***

+1 on Hoboken. Authors steaks are fatty but something special and unique you need to have one of those once in your life. Also tons of bars and women. More bars than anywhere else in NJ. For a nice bar with great food try the Elysian 10 and Washington. I hang in Hoboken about once a week and have a place there, Great party town. Jersey city is upcoming but good places are spotty still.

Alas, I have changed companies and am no longer able to schedule business trips to JC at will!!!! Huge bummer. I'm not going to be there this year. :grumpy:

Joy and I are going to miss this one. Just moved to our home in WV :D Got in last night at 2330. Going to try to make the next one. Y'all have a GREAT time!

Alas, I have changed companies and am no longer able to schedule business trips to JC at will!!!! Huge bummer. I'm not going to be there this year. :grumpy:

Bummer Map.....

Joy and I are going to miss this one. Just moved to our home in WV :D Got in last night at 2330. Going to try to make the next one. Y'all have a GREAT time!

Congrats Steve, Best of Luck.....

LW. I saw the selection that you took over with you. You can have your own knife show. :)

LW. I saw the selection that you took over with you. You can have your own knife show. :)

I don't know about that, every one of them is a user. But then I'm kind of proud of how roughed up my EDC XM is getting to look. And it needs to be sharpened AGAIN.

I don't know about that, every one of them is a user. But then I'm kind of proud of how roughed up my EDC XM is getting to look. And it needs to be sharpened AGAIN.

DITTO! Im dyin to get my 24 in for a sharpening. honestly tho, with all I put it thru everyday, I cant believe how well the edge that rick puts on holds, just clean all the gum and $h*t off of the edge, and its still sharp, sticky sharp. the other day I was samurai'ing a 4 ft cardboard box that came wrapped around one of our pallets at work...zzziiiiip! right thru 2 heavy duty staple gun staples!! noooo!!...checked the edge...shes all good baby! ;):D

That's in Jersey City, don't eat at the Westin or any of the restaurants on that strip except for the Chinese and Indian spot. Especially the Westin, by NYC standards that place is horrendous serving hotel food.

A 5 minute cab ride brings you to Hoboken (where Cake Boss is filmed) better prices and you can get Grimaldi's which is a handful of surviving founders of American Pizza http://www.grimaldis.com/

l.jpg

Fancy new American that is not expensive in case your wife is going with you. The restaurant is built into a brownstone townhouse and quite lovely http://amandasrestaurant.com/
I always get the cod or seafood soup at this spot.

l.jpg

l.jpg

Arthur's Tavern - old school steakhouse with decent prices http://www.yelp.com/biz/arthurs-tavern-hoboken
Potatoes at Arthur's is particularly satisfying and they give you an old school pickle, hot cherry peppers and german slaw app as soon as you sit down.

l.jpg

There's also bars full of young people and hot things all over Hoboken as well. The short cab ride is well worth it. Have fun!

Love me some arthurs.
sauteeed onions and mushrooms!

Totally bummed, I won't be able to get the time off for this show........I'll have to take a raincheck for march if the have it....Sorry guys, I was really looking forward to seeing all of you!

DITTO! Im dyin to get my 24 in for a sharpening. honestly tho, with all I put it thru everyday, I cant believe how well the edge that rick puts on holds, just clean all the gum and $h*t off of the edge, and its still sharp, sticky sharp. the other day I was samurai'ing a 4 ft cardboard box that came wrapped around one of our pallets at work...zzziiiiip! right thru 2 heavy duty staple gun staples!! noooo!!...checked the edge...shes all good baby! ;):D

Had a situation recently where some copper cables needed cut right away, and no one had a cutter available. I handed my 18 over, since an injury makes that impossible for me to do very well. The cables were cut, but the already rough edge is past what I can fix myself. I'm a rank amature at sharpening, even with a WE here. So it's off to Richard J in the next few days.

Gonna hit that pizza place this year! Been in NJ my whole life, and still havent made it to Hoboken..
Be there Fri into Sat

Back