New York Custom Knife Show (NYCKS) Nov 22,23,24 - You Coming?

I have what may be a silly question. Is there a limit on the amount of people that can enter a lottery? What time do they stop taking names for the lottery?

We usually have 500 lottery tickets for each lottery.

Is it common practice to bring the hinderer collection? Show em off, trade, sell to desparately make money for the lotto and booth goodies?! Lol jk, kinda. But for a real excited first timer, any tips on that?
I usually bring a few for show and tell. I typically do that away from Rick's table or in the hotel lounge after the show. There are a few unspoken rules at a show but most of them are common sense. Ask before handling, etc.

Last edited:
Getting over to the Hinderer table for a Lottery ticket is probably more time sensitive at Blade than it is the NYCKS/ECCKS but, doors open at 1pm (Fri) and 10am (Sat) VIP passes get early admission on Fri 11am
Mosey on over to the table and get your ticket and let the fun begin. Usually a good idea to bring a donut for Rob as he does enjoy a treat.
Hinderer table is in and to the right (usually) in the Big room, at the end of the row of tables.
Lottery is in an adjacent room or the hallway (depends) at 3pm. Good idea to start moving that way at least 2:45ish.
As Mike mentioned, let common sense and good manners be the guide as far as conduct.
I could share some stories about how not to act but........:rolleyes: hey, the public is the public.

For those who don't know what you are looking for.... You have seen Rick (videos, etc.) Handsome, nice guy - makes Great knives.
Mike is on the short side, nice hair, twitches alot and says "Uh Huh, Uh huh" - good guy.
Rob is a Large Man (balding) exceedingly friendly - Hug Him, He likes to be touched.
Pete loves Money so hand him some (no hugs) Pete will stab you.
There may be more people there but nobody of any note so simply ignore them.
and remember it's Jersey so..... no southern accents :) and wear hair product and (some jewelry)

Haha. I like that last bit rubi. Thanks for the advice guys, I'm pretty pumped. Trying to fund raise for the show haha. Ill be the guy w no shoes or coat, sold them off for hinderer money. :) *twitch* *scratch*

Haha. I like that last bit rubi. Thanks for the advice guys, I'm pretty pumped. Trying to fund raise for the show haha. Ill be the guy w no shoes or coat, sold them off for hinderer money. :) *twitch* *scratch*

You can get good money for plasma ( I think you can give 4-5 quarts and still make the show)

(there are other types of donation centers but we won't talk about those)

Lots of DLC Goodness steaming its way Eastward as we speak!!! See Ya in Jersey City!

Hope to see many old friends and hopefully make many more new friends!

Cool daddy, good luck making it through the lottery, now that is stressful !

Best of luck to all that are headed to the show! Wish I could make it, perhaps next year - I'd really like to get to meet you all in person!

Take pics if willing and able, would love to participate vicariously!!

I will post Pics from the show and include pithy comments, it'll be from my phone so we'll see how it goes. :)

I know Rick and Rob are making there way East today and Mike later this afternoon, F.O. on his way as well.
I will get there tomorrow morning and be there Fri/Sat.
Should be a Great time (always is).

Have fun everyone! Best of luck in the lotteries. I'll be there next year for sure!

Leaving this afternoon, picture from Plaza Show of Rick and Rob and stack of lottery tickets.

73d9bcb3d270e24662b8d662ffe942c6.jpg

Safest of travel wishes to my friends!

Enjoy speaking with the guys at /around the table...the best part of it all.

Good luck in the lotteries as well.

^ Haha! That's awesome! And I'm sure rubi was glad to do it. He's a good dude. Plus he got ammo!

Back