New York Custom Knife Show (NYCKS) Nov 22,23,24 - You Coming?

Rick putting Rubi to work!

2aa02f0ddec34dfacd8f8fdf08ede02c.jpg

Looks like Rob was serious when he said "we're always looking for good/quality people".

Loving the anti-retina ID gear. :cool:

Hi guys!

Nice photos of what looks to be great time for conversation and story swapping.

This. I need to pick a show (maybe two) though.. Can be kinda tough to make it down from AK..

Blade in ATL, USN Gathering in Vegas and any GTG at the Ranch. Try for these, all are must-dos as often as able.

What a great day... I had the opportunity to meet Rick, Rob, Hammer and Final Option. Regrettably, I did not introduce myself to Rubi (now that I see the pics). I picked up a few textured CF scales and a few sets of ano screws. The Lottery was even more exciting. As the names came out the bucket, people were slowly moving towards the table. Then it happened. Rick called my name. HOLY CRAP!!! I was in a state of semi-shock. Luckily, I was close to the table and was able to make my choice quickly. There was one DLC left. I couldn't count out the cash fast enough.

XM-18 3-1/2" DLC Slicer was mine! Pics will be posted tomorrow. I changed out the pivot screw to a plain Ti, copper standoffs and added the shiny new textured CF scale.

I'm still smiling.... :D

Ah what a tease!! I saw that you had posted and was hoping to see some DLC goodness!!!

Sounds like a great time, congrats!! Man, I'd love to make it to a show to be able to meet and hang out with a bunch of you all!

Can't wait to see it - I'll be online (but not logged in) at work tonight until 1000L EST tomorrow morning….

Dude seriously!!! Congrats Chris. Man I must just suck at lottos. Hearing about all these first time winners. Can't wait till blade next year. Post some pics ASAP. Can't wait to see it.

Last edited:
Congrats CMD! That is so cool. I can't wait to see pics. DLC is on my wish list.

CMD great meeting you, I'm so happy you scored, great time hope to meet more members in coming year thanks Rick, Rob and herd for a great time!
Joe

What a great day... I had the opportunity to meet Rick, Rob, Hammer and Final Option. Regrettably, I did not introduce myself to Rubi (now that I see the pics). I picked up a few textured CF scales and a few sets of ano screws. The Lottery was even more exciting. As the names came out the bucket, people were slowly moving towards the table. Then it happened. Rick called my name. HOLY CRAP!!! I was in a state of semi-shock. Luckily, I was close to the table and was able to make my choice quickly. There was one DLC left. I couldn't count out the cash fast enough.

XM-18 3-1/2" DLC Slicer was mine! Pics will be posted tomorrow. I changed out the pivot screw to a plain Ti, copper standoffs and added the shiny new textured CF scale.

I'm still smiling.... :D

Pics!!!!

Who's going to blade?? ;-)

I'm definitely going. Figured it would be any easy sell to the wife with the aquarium fairly close. By then my little boy will be old enough to appreciate it(the aquarium not the knife show).

I've gone the last 2 years, and won't miss the the next one. I won my first lottery this past year.

Who's going to blade?? ;-)

I am going to put some serious thought into trying to make it..

My wife has family (well, I guess that means I do too...:rolleyes:) in GA and we have property in the FL panhandle we could look after - might kill a few birds...

Then again, I really like Vegas so the Gathering is a strong contender... And easier to talk my wife into, Vegas that is..

I'm definitely going. Figured it would be any easy sell to the wife with the aquarium fairly close. By then my little boy will be old enough to appreciate it(the aquarium not the knife show).

Yeah we are going to be taking the kids to the aquarium while we are there too.

Back