Sanction from ESAV and my response

DDUR

BANNED
[FONT=Arial Black]I did get the answers I requested in a round about way. I simply wanted to know how to determine appropriate value and then how to post photos. I was attempting to help a forum member with a photography inquiry in another BladeForum post and could not show that member rather than telling him, hence the question about posting photos. My intent has been since my first warning to sell my knife appropriately and pay the fee. It seems like a logical process to me to ascertain value first then to pay the fee and post a sales notice. Evidently that has offended your bureaucratic sensitivities. I don’t appreciate the “sucked others into it cooperating” comment. That implies that I was asking to sell the knife and soliciting the response. I was not interested in responding to those who indicated an interest in buying them and if you are willing to verify that feel free. I detest your demeanor and the air of authority. I fully understand you may drop me from participation in the forum because you can. I have been standing up to people like you my whole life. You take your status and your importance way too seriously. You are not my superior I am not yours. Just so you fully get where I’m coming from I’m going to give you some advice. My family has been in this country since before the American Revolution and participated fully in that skirmish as well as 8 wars since. In this country there is a presumption of innocence. There is also an a priori expectation of moral and appropriate behavior. That is the American way ESAV@bladeforums.com . In my personal life I won’t be subjugated to an authority I don’t respect. Earn it ESAV@bladeforums. Please comment if you have the mettle.[/FONT]

I did get the answers I requested in a round about way. I simply wanted to know how to determine appropriate value and then how to post photos. I was attempting to help a forum member with a photography inquiry in another BladeForum post and could not show that member rather than telling him, hence the question about posting photos. My intent has been since my first warning to sell my knife appropriately and pay the fee. It seems like a logical process to me to ascertain value first then to pay the fee and post a sales notice. Evidently that has offended your bureaucratic sensitivities. I don’t appreciate the “sucked others into it cooperating” comment. That implies that I was asking to sell the knife and soliciting the response. I was not interested in responding to those who indicated an interest in buying them and if you are willing to verify that feel free. I detest your demeanor and the air of authority. I fully understand you may drop me from participation in the forum because you can. I have been standing up to people like you my whole life. You take your status and your importance way too seriously. You are not my superior I am not yours. Just so you fully get where I’m coming from I’m going to give you some advice. My family has been in this country since before the American Revolution and participated fully in that skirmish as well as 8 wars since. In this country there is a presumption of innocence. There is also an a priori expectation of moral and appropriate behavior. That is the American way ESAV@bladeforums.com . In my personal life I won’t be subjugated to an authority I don’t respect. Earn it ESAV@bladeforums. Please comment if you have the mettle.

I did get the answers I requested in a round about way. I simply wanted to know how to determine appropriate value and then how to post photos. I was attempting to help a forum member with a photography inquiry in another BladeForum post and could not show that member rather than telling him, hence the question about posting photos. My intent has been since my first warning to sell my knife appropriately and pay the fee. It seems like a logical process to me to ascertain value first then to pay the fee and post a sales notice. Evidently that has offended your bureaucratic sensitivities. I don’t appreciate the “sucked others into it cooperating” comment. That implies that I was asking to sell the knife and soliciting the response. I was not interested in responding to those who indicated an interest in buying them and if you are willing to verify that feel free. I detest your demeanor and the air of authority. I fully understand you may drop me from participation in the forum because you can. I have been standing up to people like you my whole life. You take your status and your importance way too seriously. You are not my superior I am not yours. Just so you fully get where I’m coming from I’m going to give you some advice. My family has been in this country since before the American Revolution and participated fully in that skirmish as well as 8 wars since. In this country there is a presumption of innocence. There is also an a priori expectation of moral and appropriate behavior. That is the American way ESAV@bladeforums.com . In my personal life I won’t be subjugated to an authority I don’t respect. Earn it ESAV@bladeforums. Please comment if you have the mettle.

Oh boy...

If you had read the rules and followed them you'd probably have earned a bit of respect. By ignoring the rules and attempting to gain a service that gold members and above have to pay for, you disrespected us and the good people who run this forum.

Lad, you are too new here to understand what an ignorant post you just made.

Well, bye.

Please do shut the door on your way out, you are letting the ignorance in.

Esav deserves and has earned much more respect than you have shown him with your thread here. You need to try to understand that many people try to skirt the rules and sell without ponying up the required twenty five or thirty bucks. One of the thankless jobs of the moderators is to ensure that that doesn't happen. Erring on the side of caution is SOP.

DDUR, we have thousands of members here who "get it". They don't need to recite their pedigree, be members of the D.A.R. or know any secret Masonic handshakes.

You can't use these forums to advance your own agenda to sell your knife or knives on the back of those members who pay the freight.

You cannot ask for information on valuation unless or until you have paid for the privilege as per the rules adopted by the site owner:

WHAT IS MY KNIFE / GADGET / SPATULA / TUNING FORK WORTH?!?!?!?!
In order to curtail potential abuse of membership privileges associated with the forums, questions regarding valuation of knives and collections are limited to those with a membership level which permits selling on this site. Accordingly, registered and basic members may not start or post in threads with such requests whether with the intent to sell or for informational purposes only.

If you find those rules not to your liking then you are free to use the rights your ancestors helped guarantee for you and leave. You are not an indentured servant and are under no obligation to continue here. (And I hasten to add that both Esav and myself have proudly served our country...and serve the members of this site by volunteering our time.)

Bottom line...you may ask for information on the value of your knives and offer them for sale when you have a Gold or Platinum membership. Until then you must not attempt to do so here.

How many places did you put that frickin' post anyway?

I'll respond here as I did elsewhere: You are too new here to understand what an ignorant post you just made.

I'll add that you need to un-bunch your panties and move on.

How many places did you put that frickin' post anyway?

I'll respond here as I did elsewhere: You are too new here to understand what an ignorant post you just made.

I'll add that you need to un-bunch your panties and move on.

Merged three separate threads so that this diatribe can be dealt with in one central location.

Just so you fully get where I’m coming from I’m going to give you some advice. My family has been in this country since before the American Revolution and participated fully in that skirmish as well as 8 wars since. In this country there is a presumption of innocence. There is also an a priori expectation of moral and appropriate behavior. That is the American way ESAV@bladeforums.com . In my personal life I won’t be subjugated to an authority I don’t respect. Earn it ESAV@bladeforums. Please comment if you have the mettle.

I don't get where you are coming from? And where is the advice?

You can't just "moon" people standing on the shoulders of your grandfather's. What the hell are you thinking?

You know, I did a similar thing when I first started here, but then came to terms with the fact that the $20-ish dollars for a year-long membership is chump change, certainly more so in comparison to the money spent on various other knives(customs and more) thanks to the influence of this accursed place:D.

If you just want to sell one knife I would just auction it on eBay and let the market decide what the value is. If you have plans to sell multiple knives, just pay the damn fee.

My job has taught me that even if I don't agree with the rules, I'd damn well better follow them or I can find myself another job. Same philosophy here.

There are several things about this post that trouble me, one a great deal.

First, it is poorly presented. I have no idea what happened, what you are responding to. What did you do? What did Esav do? I can't figure out what the issue is.

Second, internet forums are commmunities. They have rules written and unspoken. Figures who have respect and those who have none, both earned because of their actions according to those rules. It generally pays to stay a while quietly, and absorb these, before one gets outraged, and posts something foolish. I am astounded how many new members fail to understand this.

Finally, i don't give a tinker's damn about how many generations you have been in this country. My mother was an immigrant, my father nearly so. And like millions of others, throughout our history, I am just as good an American as you. No better, no worse.

Yet, somehow, you feel that that is something special, worth citing. Something better. There is a term for this: bigotry.

All I want to do is sell a knife. One knife. I have been smacked in the face each time with a moderator pointing to the rules instead of a giving a simple explanation. This is the only site or forum from which I have gotten this demeanor and response. I didn't try to sell my knife. I asked for a value and was approached to sell it. It is a valuable rare knife. Now I know that I needed to join first. The $20 is inconsequential. I made a logical assumption that I needed to get a value first by "asking around" online. If I decide to stay with the Forum I will Gold join first. I want to say as well that your explanation was reasonable and intelligent. Thanks for that. As to the bigotry that's just not likely, with my Black, Native American and Mexican relatives. What frosts me about the sanction process is an offhand comment by one forum member and then the sanction by the moderator makiing that without an option to respond or comment to the maderator making that arbitrary decision. I point the the genaeology issue because there is a culture that I believe in for good reason and I stand up for that principle when I think I have been bullied. Just my personality.

All I want to do is sell a knife. One knife. I have been smacked in the face each time with a moderator pointing to the rules instead of a giving a simple explanation. This is the only site or forum from which I have gotten this demeanor and response. I didn't try to sell my knife. I asked for a value and was approached to sell it. It is a valuable rare knife. Now I know that I needed to join first. The $20 is inconsequential. I made a logical assumption that I needed to get a value first by "asking around" online. If I decide to stay with the Forum I will Gold join first. I want to say as well that your explanation was reasonable and intelligent. Thanks for that. As to the bigotry that's just not likely, with my Black, Native American and Mexican relatives. What frosts me about the sanction process is an offhand comment by one forum member and then the sanction by the moderator makiing that without an option to respond or comment to the maderator making that arbitrary decision. I point the the genaeology issue because there is a culture that I believe in for good reason and I stand up for that principle when I think I have been bullied. Just my personality.

Back