Sanction from ESAV and my response

All I want to do is sell a knife. One knife. I have been smacked in the face each time with a moderator pointing to the rules instead of a giving a simple explanation.

I read, "I only want to sell one knife, why do I have to follow the rules?"

What frosts me about the sanction process is an offhand comment by one forum member and then the sanction by the moderator makiing that without an option to respond or comment to the maderator making that arbitrary decision.

I read, "I don't like being wrong, and I tend to get defensive when people tell me I have done so"

I point the the genaeology issue because there is a culture that I believe in for good reason and I stand up for that principle when I think I have been bullied. Just my personality.

I got that you pointed to your genealogy , to lend weight to your belief that you have a right to something special. Military men don't seem to have problems following rules, where is that in your character?

If Esav hadn't removed the entire post you would see what I was talking about. Where I am coming from is that your procedure sucks. I have been smacked each time I asked for help and then sanctioned without an oppurtunity to respond to my transgressions. I don't like that treatment and I would rather be bumped from participation in the site than not say anything and go away quietly mumbling under my breath. Not my personality. There is an American culture and if I choose to admonish those who don't respect it or understand it then I will. That's the underlying theme to the ancestors point. If a moderator assumes guilt and sanctiuons without at least asking questions then I will respond "unquietly". I have been impressed with the response to my diatribe from others in this forum and to your response as well. Thanks for that.

OK. We get that you think you should be able to do anything your heart desires, because you are special.

Word up, son: You aren't special and you have to follow the rules just as the rest of us do.

If Esav hadn't removed the entire post you would see what I was talking about. Where I am coming from is that your procedure sucks. I have been smacked each time I asked for help and then sanctioned without an oppurtunity to respond to my transgressions.
You innocently ignorantly broke the rules once and were warned. And then you persisted, but are complaining that you keep getting "smacked in the face?" If a dog whizzes on the carpet they get smacked in the face too. How many smacks does it take for you to learn?
There is an American culture and if I choose to admonish those who don't respect it or understand it then I will. That's the underlying theme to the ancestors point. If a moderator assumes guilt and sanctiuons without at least asking questions then I will respond "unquietly".
You really don't know what the hell you're talking about. You're not going to last very long if you keep it up.

Nevermind. I don't think you're the kind of person who is able or willing to "get it". Holes only get deeper when you keep digging.

What I am saying about selling the knife is that if you stand back and look at a new guy coming into the forum who doesn't know what he is doing you may see what I have experienced. I am not here to cause trouble, but if I feel insulted or humiliated I will lash out. The special you're referring to I think is that I wanted an explanation from some seasoned user regarding how to get a value to later sell it. I speaka de good englis, asked a question and got rudely dissed. The military genes only go so far. Intelligent response in plain english from a reasonable person would have been well received and appreciated. As it stands I don't like being wrong but if I am I will be the first to admit it and adjust.
I did find out where to get a good appraisal value and how to proceed with that if I decided to sell my beloved thingamajig. Thanks for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
No I get to do anything I want because I'm an old guy who has been reasonably successful in life. Just snickering now. What I am saying Knarfeng is that I wanted to follow the rules didn't know what those were and was treated poorly buy people who were too important to explain them.

I am an old guy who doesn't need to last long here. So this bothers me why??

I still don't have a clear history of this incident. Can someone detail the give and take, preferably with quotes?

Given your previous stress on your higher staus as an American, your use of derogatory ethic stereotypes ("I speaka de good englis") is perfectly fitting. The last line of my post is now reinforced. Bigots come in all forms.

This thread is full of nearly thirty posts of people trying to explain the rules to you. There is a sign in large type saying READ THE RULES BEFORE YOU POST. Really, how hard is it to understand. The fact of the matter is that you broke the rules and then you got butt-hurt because someone whose job it was to point that out, get this, he pointed that out. If you want to sell your knife here, then buy a gold membership (you will more than likely get your knife sold). If you don't want to participate then don't. Quit your whinnin' already or you will lose your ability to join at all.

Has anyone explained to DDUR that this is a privately owned forum and as such, his rights here are at the pleasure of the owner and the moderators?

DDUR, you seem like a good dude in a bad mood. If you like it here on blade forums please try and be a little more respectful, especially towards the mods. They work very hard so that we can enjoy this forum.

You bring up the rights that you have as an American citizen, but this in an international and private forum. You have no constitutional rights here. It's a private club and like any club you must join if you want certain rights or privileges.

I still don't have a clear history of this incident. Can someone detail the give and take, preferably with quotes?

Given your previous stress on your higher staus as an American, your use of derogatory ethic stereotypes ("I speaka de good englis") is perfectly fitting. The last line of my post is now reinforced. Bigots come in all forms.

The original thread has been zapped, can't quote anything, but you aren't really missing out.

Last edited:
Merly trying to make a point and yeah it probably was a poor choice of words since you took it that way. You keep hiding behind those terms. That way you don't get confused with the facts.

First thing you do when you join a forum is read the rules. Every forum has different rules and procedures when it comes to selling items.
This is a huge forum with new members joining every day. Esav is probably already swamped with work to do so coaching and coddling new
members is not on his list. You should take it on yourself to become accuainted with the rules first and if you happen to break one and get
cited for it don't get overy deffensive. It's not personal and its not a mod being power hungry. Its just the ins and out of running a forum.

Actually on many occasions I was told to read the rules. An answer with an explanation would have been much more appreciated but then that's life somedays. Does that respond to your veiled threat, it's kinda what I expected. I have been warned several times now that I am over the line, what with attempting to get you all to self examine a bit. Good luck with that.

Unfortunately I must go to make a living.
I will be back on here later.
DDUR

Dear Mr DDUR (pronounce Durrrr?), AKA MR All American, aka Mr Logical: When you are a baaaad boy and break the rules, those who enforce those rules will do so. In this world, non paying whiner, ESAV, IS your superior, as are all the mods whom hold the power to rule over your post with an irom fist if they deem it necessary. Your God bless my all american family diatribe is a pathetic attempt to try to give you some sort of self importance. Your family doesn't move much. So what? My family call Washington home for 5 generations. Guess what? It makes me no less important than the guy who moved across the street from AZ last month. You are a mealy mouthed, internet, wannabe tough guy who blows up every forum with your own failures and lack of intelligence. Do us all a favor, go back under the rock you emerged from and disappear on your own before your antics get you banned for good, which I predict will be soooooooooon.

Back