Sanction from ESAV and my response

I compliment Planterz on the insight and wisdom of the last line of post #24.

Unfortunately I must go to make a living.
I will be back on here later.
DDUR

No doubt reading rules and interpreting them...... or selling knives. Either way, methinks a poor living is being made.

Actually on many occasions I was told to read the rules. An answer with an explanation would have been much more appreciated but then that's life somedays. Does that respond to your veiled threat, it's kinda what I expected. I have been warned several times now that I am over the line, what with attempting to get you all to self examine a bit. Good luck with that.

Now that is just about the most arrogant thing that I have ever read on this forum.

You seem have a problem with too much self esteem. Get over yourself.

DDUR posted a request for a value on a knife he indicated he wanted to sell. That's 2 violations there, three really:

Registered User asking a value,
Registered User offering to sell,
and, posted in the wrong forum.

Blues gave him a warning for that, and moved the post offline. We used to delete violations like that, but especially when they draw comments, it's neater to keep it all together in the Back End moderators' forum.

Next day he posted the same thing again. Slow learner. I gave him an infraction and again moved the thread offline.

He emailed me with the text he posted in 3 different forums, which got moved here to Tech Support, and you see above.

Now, this is a simple procedure, generally generated by a misunderstanding on a new member's part. I have had many email me afterwards asking for help understanding our rules. I have even reversed infractions when they immediately "got it" and bought paid memberships.

This time, I got lectured by someone who learned everything he knows from a DAR pamphlet.

Bleep that. All my grandparents were born in Eastern Europe. My grandfather, my father, my uncle, and my brother served in the US Army in wartime, as I did in the US Air Force. My other grandfather didn't serve because he was a machinist in weapons production. Machine guns. :)

We are all equal here as Bladeforums members. Some are more equal than others: they are paid members, who support the forums financially. New people are always welcome, but a very few find ways to wear that welcome out.

Too bad.

EDIT: It's a Saturday afternoon and I should find better things to do than talk to a brick wall.

Last edited:
Thank you, Esav, for that clear explanation. Your usual style in explaining things.

And thank you for being part of American democracy.

Yes, it helped greatly. Pretty obvious after reading that who's outta line here. And it's not the mods.

Actually, it was obvious from the get-go who was out of line and being a butt-hurt twit about it.

Fact. Esav has "earned it" many times over.
Fact. He was warned for these antics on the first post he made here.
Fact. He continued.

Delusion. Special person.

Fact. Arrogant.
Fact. Prefers to remain ignorant.

All you can do is shake your head in dismay when these folks think the have a right to sell on the backs of those who support this community.
Then when they pull the same stunt multiple times and are called on it it is easy to see that character means nothing to them.

This sums it all up regarding a sense of community and the arrogance it takes to ignore that it exists.
I am an old guy who doesn't need to last long here. So this bothers me why??

I believe there is a certain flashlight forum that allows to you sell things without payment of a membership, I would suggest selling your knife there or another forum that accommodates your needs better(better read their rules carefully too).

Again, I was in the same boat as you(though I don't believe I spammed my issue over 3 forums and surely didn't pursue the issue after the second slap on the wrist) when I first started. I've come upon the realization that giving others the impression that I'm not going to follow rules unless I receive a thorough explanation behind the philosophy of every single rule and the reason it exists is a surefire way to piss off both moderators on a forum and supervisors in your day job.

giving others the impression that I'm not going to follow rules unless I receive a thorough explanation behind the philosophy of every single rule and the reason it exists is a surefire way to piss off both moderators on a forum and supervisors in your day job.

We used to call them "locker room lawyers". :D

I cant believe I just wasted ten minutes reading about this guy that simply just didnt do what he was supposed to!

First Off, not supporting "DDUR" on any account, He may have seemed that he was attempting to sell without paying the gold membership fee, but I had the same responce when I first posted trying to figure out the value of an old collectible knife I had, which not many people knew much about. Anyhow, I have to agree, that everyone needs to contribute their dues and cough up the fees. Having that gold membership has payed itself back a thousand fold in this forum. Ahem.... unlike some of the other, "Forums" I will not bring up or comment as they are purely worthless BS.

Anyhow, I apologize for offering to purchase the bloody thing and was not thinking in my haste. Oh well, lesson learned.

DDUR, no idea if you are able to see any subsequent posts. I have a few other websites that may help you value those rifles of yours. Also, there are a few different places that will take those on consignment and sell them for you, i.e. Class 3 items and so forth. Let me know if you want me to dig up the email and I will see what I can find.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Mr DDUR (pronounce Durrrr?), AKA MR All American, aka Mr Logical: When you are a baaaad boy and break the rules, those who enforce those rules will do so. In this world, non paying whiner, ESAV, IS your superior, as are all the mods whom hold the power to rule over your post with an irom fist if they deem it necessary. Your God bless my all american family diatribe is a pathetic attempt to try to give you some sort of self importance. Your family doesn't move much. So what? My family call Washington home for 5 generations. Guess what? It makes me no less important than the guy who moved across the street from AZ last month. You are a mealy mouthed, internet, wannabe tough guy who blows up every forum with your own failures and lack of intelligence. Do us all a favor, go back under the rock you emerged from and disappear on your own before your antics get you banned for good, which I predict will be soooooooooon.

Your immense brilliance, it's overwhelming. Do really think I give a crap about being banned from this forum. I decided yesterday I was done with you. You are where you belong. My sense of self importance derives from having a successul 30 year marriage, sucessfull business, financial stability, nice house, two incredibly accomplished young adult children. And I only have to put up with people such as you if I choose to. I guess I'd stack my accomplishments up against yours anytime.

Back