Some upcoming PVD/DLC coated products

We've done some knives, like the Zurich SWAT knives in DLC so we thought it would be cool to do some other products as well. First up are XM Armorer's Tool Kits, as well as Aluminum Investigator Pens, both should be on the site by the end of the week. We will be offering more colors and more products so keep an eye out!

The tool kits are 17-4 PH hardened stainless steel, the pens are 6061 aluminum, both are then PVD coated in Tungsten DLC -Matte Black and Zirconium Nitride - Flat Dark Earth.

Complete info on the PVD coating can be found here if you want to check it out: http://www.ionbond.com/en/technology/pvd/

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Speaking of DLC, and some NYCKS progress......Not the black wharnie, that one will disappear as soon as Rick sharpens it.....I'll break it out for photos every once it a while though. Insert a fat ass grin *here*

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

Looks like you guys are really doing some awesome stuff at RHK! That stuff looks pretty sweet man!

I've felt like you guys would be dropping some pretty big stuff soon! And you just keep proving me right!

Especially with that new machine you received last week

I'm excited to see what else is coming!!!

Thanks for sharing :)

Jensen, You are planning to come to the show right? We will definitely have some DLC knives there.

KJ, ti handle screws will be the first project I believe on the new lathe.....Then a new product is in the works, something totally different from us.

Man, I really really really wish I could be there... A DLC wharnie...

Cool Rob!! I just love all this... this right here man!!!

Now i know why I just keep loving RHK more and more! I can't help but not...

Jensen, You are planning to come to the show right? We will definitely have some DLC knives there.

KJ, ti handle screws will be the first project I believe on the new lathe.....Then a new product is in the works, something totally different from us.

Unfortunately not this year Rob. My one year old and three year old need daddy home on weekends. :) Im going to sneak away to the NY show in 2014 though. In the mean time I'll be saving up my pennies to buy you and the RHK crew some serious beers.

Awesome stuff!! I'm drooling over that dlc wharnie. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with next. As always thanks for the info and the hard work all you guys do to get these goodies out.

Yep, you'll see all the steel and aluminum products show up in the coming weeks.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet...I know what I'm getting for Christmas...

Since the factory stand offs are steel...would you folks offer them in black as well...If I can't get a dlc wharnie I'll put as much black on it as possible;)

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet...I know what I'm getting for Christmas...

Since the factory stand offs are steel...would you folks offer them in black as well...If I can't get a dlc wharnie I'll put as much black on it as possible;)

I mentioned before that if black DLC lanyard beads are offered, they are going to set new sell-out records. Just sayin'...these coatings are always popular and well liked!

BTW, to all who have never seen these IRL, trust me the photos do not do them justice. That's saying a lot since Rob's photos are always quality.

Back