Important Info! Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. Software changes & FAQ info inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got this from BHyde,

"It's working for most- I can't log in without an error message about not having permissions. If I log out, then I can browse, but not post. Weird"

Attachments

• BHydeScreenshot.jpg
    BHydeScreenshot.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 6
Tried to post a picture in General. Nothing...

2rlzo28.jpg
[/IMG]
2rlzo28.jpg
[/IMG]

So it looks like previously embedded videos are not just text. Will they be back?

Posting pics with the image button in the toolbar is OK here.

northwoodscat.jpg

Under "Forums" on the navigation bar. Click "Mark Forums Read" and it should give you the option to mark all forums or just the one you're in.

Got it, thanks. I'm on an iPad and only see three dots (...) instead of "Mark Forums Read" but once I click on ... the option pops up. Just mentioning for anyone else that encounters this.

Can't find the " Practical Tactical Forum" ! Is it discontinued for good ?

Edit: Ureka , I found it ! Sorry for false alarm .

Last edited:
For those who need to remove PM's (Conversations) all you have to do is select the PM's and choose leave conversation.

Will there ever be a "full view" or "desktop version" button for mobile devices? I really hate mobile layouts on forums. Takes forever to navigate all of the threads in a single column, short length layout.

That was my only question so far, as well. I use my phone to browse the forum probably 75% of the time (using Safari on iPhone) and much prefer the desktop format to any mobile formats. If full site/desktop view on mobile is a possibility, that would be great!

Got this from BHyde,

"It's working for most- I can't log in without an error message about not having permissions. If I log out, then I can browse, but not post. Weird"
If you can message him, ask and see if he can get in. I had to batch update various mods because permissions were set wrong - but they are all good now

I'll be going through the rest of the issues as I triage them.

Nice upgrade!!!

Only issue for me is the Political Forum does not work. I cannot open any threads, and the only ones I even see listed are ones that I started.

Gold membership formerly had a 100 PM limit. Apparently it is now limited to 50. I don't know if this intentional or not.

Edit. Ok, I see the deal now. 50 conversations is the new limit, 250 messages, and all prior PMs were converted to individual conversations, even if they were part of back-and-forth conversations.

Last edited:
If you can message him, ask and see if he can get in. I had to batch update various mods because permissions were set wrong - but they are all good now

I'll be going through the rest of the issues as I triage them.

Good to go Spark..Thanks!

IMG_20170416_141710.jpg

I could upload a file, but couldn't paste one from a hosting site. I miss the cove dearly

Typically in other forums with this software there is an area in settings where you can change the "skin" or color scheme. Not a big deal, but it would be a good feature to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back